PDA

View Full Version : sunset - egg tempra

MissMouse
03-09-2002, 08:46 AM
I got up early this morning to get ready for my childrens art class. I am teaching them to make the primary colors in egg tempra then we are going to paint a picture. Trouble is my supply voucher did not come in so Iam using old brushes and some ancient oaktag I had lying around. I surprised myself what you can do with a cheep brush from Home Depot and old paper - I will post the childrens efforts later. This should be fun. They are 6 to 8 year olds.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2002/eggtempsun.jpg

TeAnne
03-10-2002, 10:07 AM
Now that is nice. I like :cat:

sassybird
03-11-2002, 02:18 AM
The foreground is very powerful compared to the sky, but that is the way it looks at sunrise and sunset. The way the colors in the clouds pulls at the sun makes me feel like the world wants to pull the warmth and vitality of the suns warmth around it.

diane555
03-11-2002, 07:37 AM
Miss Mouse this is beautiful. I love the colors. Hope to see some of the childrens artwork after they are finished :) Anything will do for a paitbrush if in need eh?

Di

joemajury
03-11-2002, 03:53 PM
I like this as well.
When do we get to see the kids work??

Joe
;) ;)

Leaflin
03-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Wonderful Sunset Miss Mouse :)

orchidlover6
03-15-2002, 11:36 PM
this is beautiful. We have scenes like this at home.

msue
03-16-2002, 04:18 PM
The title of your thread intrigued me. I just came from the art supply store and saw some sticks labeled "egg tempera". I was curious about them, but didn't examine them. They looked a lot like oil pastel sticks. Are you making egg tempera using the tempera powder and real eggs? Or are you using these sticks? I'd like to know more about the process. I've read a little in one of my art magazines. I got from the article that you need to use your mixed colors soon or they spoil due to the raw egg.

MissMouse
03-16-2002, 06:11 PM
muse - for the children I use nontoxic powdered tempera and real eggs part of the fun is cracking open the egg and separating the yolk form the white. In egg tempera you only use the yolk. We make and use only enough for one class as it does spoil.

Everyone I got so involved with the kids I forgot to take pictures. Sorry