PDA

View Full Version : One 'Rain' away from being de-flowered

NodakerDeb
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks for indulging me with yet another photo of some pretty posies in my garden. This peony bush is right near the gate of our backyard. It is in full, glorious bloom and only one good rain shower away from losing its petals. For those who know something about plant problems, some of the foilage is too yellow. :( Not enough iron?! :confused: I gave it a good liquid iron treatment a few days ago, but it's probably too late for this year. I think the heavy blooming took its toll. Oh well, faded glory this will be by the weekend, but so enjoyable now!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2006/36302-Peony-2006-cropped-sm.jpg

Deb
P.S. This bush is nearly 5 feet tall!

JustjoGA
06-15-2006, 04:03 PM
LOL... Deb, you must be feeling better... and sunshine
and beautiful flowers will always do that... I'm not a
gardener, so can't tell you about iron or the lack of...
JT, Uschi Char, and Jean are the ones who'll know what
to tell you... The peonies are gorgeous... did you get any
closeups?

JustJo

jaydiva
06-15-2006, 04:37 PM
What gorgeous blooms :clap: :clap: :clap: and quite the BIG bush!!!!

I'm happy that you're feeling a little better, Deb ... it's nice to have you post lovely flowers :)

doubleL
06-15-2006, 04:42 PM
I am glad you're feeling better Deb. Your peony bush is awesome :heart: Sorry can't help I am the worst gardener ever :( Thx for sharing a beautiful pic

Llalena

olliewood0702
06-15-2006, 05:17 PM
DEb....we want a close up!! PLEASE!!

Wonderful peonies and lovely color!! WOW...5 ft and FULL of blooms too.

THANKS for this.

NodakerDeb
06-15-2006, 08:06 PM
LOL... Deb, you must be feeling better... and sunshine
and beautiful flowers will always do that... I'm not a
gardener, so can't tell you about iron or the lack of...
JT, Uschi Char, and Jean are the ones who'll know what
to tell you... The peonies are gorgeous... did you get any
closeups?

JustJo

Jo, I am feeling better each day. :)

I don't take close ups because I really don't have a great camera with good macro capabilities. Sorry.

Deb

Europa
06-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Glad your feeling better Deb and thanks for sharing such a lovely photo with us.

Pat

GOwenStudios
06-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Deb, Determine your soil pH,and if alkaline (pH of 7 or greater) try putting some MiracleGro Acidifier on it. That should take care of the yellow since there are other elements like aluminum that acidify the soil. If the pH is in the acid range then try using a small amount of Epsom salt in water.

juneto
06-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Deb , Beautiful ! And what a Pretty yard , so neat looking.
You also sound considerably better . The sun and warmth do wonders for you. I hope you will be all better by next week .
More pictures .
Brushes now , Gal !
June:wave: :wave:

monikadeo
06-16-2006, 02:47 AM
Woooowieeeee! It's so gorgeous Deb!

and 5 ft tall??? My God!

-Monika.

Uschi
06-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Hugs because you are feeling better:D The peonies are gorgeous!!! With peonies one really has to catch "the moment in time" but that moment is worth it!
Uschi

bluegenes
06-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Wow Deb that plant is almost as tall as me! LOL
It's beautiful!

Patty

CharM
06-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi Deb... too bad no one has hybridized an orange peony, eh? THAT would get your spirits jumping!!! :lol: I think I got to enjoy mine for a few hours this year... They came out in bloom... it rained... they carpetted the lawn... such is life... :D

My soil is very alkaline... and my peonies have HUGE blooms, but do not grow very tall... 5'... wow!!!

jaytee
06-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Fantastic show , Deb......... no idea about the leaves I'm afraid.......Paeonies are one of lifes mysteries to me !!! they either do or they dont :D

Gald you're still improving :)