PDA

View Full Version : FND-3/8- Kitaye's Decomposition Finished:)

kitaye
03-09-2002, 03:03 AM
I tried to upload this earlier but I got booted from the system. I finally finished my FND for tonight. I spent ann additional 4 hours on top of the original 2. I'm overall happy with the outcomebut I have a bit of a problem. The skull looks awsome but for some reason I coouldn't get it to lay in the picture. It seems to be floating in greenn space. I tried a shadow to anchor it but that didn't seem to work very well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2002/Natures_Gravestone.JPG

I also got to playing around with my image viewer and thought this high contrast picturelooked pretty cool too.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2002/PlayingAround.jpg

baquitania
03-09-2002, 04:00 AM
it's so good, it scared the **** out of me when it popped up...

nice work... Bobby :D

impetuous
03-09-2002, 04:39 AM
:eek: .....whoa.....!!! what a grizzly looking image! great skull, very nicely done, just a tad scary:)

tuatara
03-09-2002, 06:37 AM
Amazing thing. I like the stronger coloured second one. Both are really good though. Maybe the shadow should not follow the side of the skull all the way up but stop as if if were on the ground more. Don't know if that is any help? Well done.

Pam:)

Caron
03-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Whow Kitaye!! Love the detail here!! I do like your first image better then the brighter one. I somehow gives the smooth appearance of the skull better:) I really like your shading and use of colour..this is really awesome and no wonder you are pleased!! I also like just those few touches of leaves..gives the sense awareness of the time of year..kudos to you!!!

orchidlover6
03-09-2002, 11:34 AM
love the look. awesome looking. the teeth are great. no suggestions though on how to anchor it.

ZOTMA
03-09-2002, 05:18 PM
really nice image
I like the intensity of hue you went with
my suggestion for the background would be to lay down horizontal tonal changes (either in line or strips/blocks of color/texture), you could start with very subtle addition so as not to disrupt what is already working very well (then decide when to stop, when you feel the skull is not longer floating). The horizontal marks would imply to the viewer a support or ground without you actually having to render something specific. Make sense? Just an idea.

BlackTigr
03-09-2002, 05:25 PM
The folds on this skull are marvelous. It is such an intense, dramatic work.

--BT

artdudette
03-09-2002, 05:30 PM
kitaye

I can't choose between them, I love them both! Very nice detail and rendering! The colors are terrific as well.

I like Zotma's suggestion for anchoring, you also might try to bring a little of the background color into the base of the skull where it rests on the ground, since it is so light, it is bound to be influenced by the deep greens of the background, at least where it lays on it.

This is (there are?) very nicely done!

_________
artdudette:cool:

Lady Grey
03-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Wow- this is my favourite, so far :clap: :clap: Very emotional use of colors. I don't thing the scull is floating.
Lady Grey