PDA

View Full Version : FND - late skull

coyote
03-09-2002, 12:08 AM
I couldn't get here on time, but did one anyway.

For some reason I feel the need to do these events in something that I don't normally use...so this is Derwent pencils and Prismacolors on tinted paper. About an hour.

Thom Byrd
03-09-2002, 12:10 AM
very nice work with the CP's better late than never*

tuatara
03-09-2002, 06:30 AM
Like the way the skull nestles in the grass, just like the ref. pic. It is lonely and delicate, I really like it.

Pam:)

auntie_chaos
03-09-2002, 10:30 AM
You've done a wonderful job on shading and colors on this one!! And the way you've done the grass ... it looks so real! You've really captured the 'feel' of this photo.
:clap: :clap:

Wingnut
03-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Looks good Coyote, I agree this is a great opportunity to explore something new, that's a big part of why I love these event so much! :)

orchidlover6
03-09-2002, 10:40 AM
good job as always coyote. I didn't even attempt to do the leaves and grass.

Caron
03-09-2002, 10:44 AM
Great Coyote! You did a suberb job for using a medium you dont normally use! I think that is part of the idea of doing these. It gives us all a a chance to experiment and deal with added challenge. You made it look so easy!! Nice detail and addition of the grasses too:D

ZOTMA
03-09-2002, 04:59 PM
very soft, graceful, serene
like your shading and color use
glad you're trying new things with this
I do the same, nothing to lose and no sense in being too serious eh? Ironically I often find I do better work that way :)

artdudette
03-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Coyote

the color choice for the paper couldn't be better, i like the way it worked for the skull area.

I think this is softer than the reference pic, more forlorn, suits the subject matter.

Grasses are good too, nice detail there, you've really anchored him well.

Glad you came, even late, always great to see what you come up with!

BlackTigr
03-09-2002, 05:22 PM
The colored pencil was a good choice. It really added to this drawing. Good solid skull in its natural environment.

--BT