PDA

View Full Version : FND tuatara - fire

tuatara
03-09-2002, 12:05 AM
Hi everyone,

I have just spent one and a half hours trying to get some sort of colour similarity between this jpg and my painting; grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!Nothing and I mean nothing seemed to work.Anyway here it is;
Acrylic on card.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2002/carcrop1.jpg

REMBRANDT
03-09-2002, 12:11 AM
You really captured that firey glow. Those poor deer standing there. The flames can be mesmerizing. Nicely done, tuatara.

Thom Byrd
03-09-2002, 12:13 AM
Very nice*It reminds me of Bambi*The scene where the Bas%$#!s shot his mommie*

REMBRANDT
03-09-2002, 01:46 AM
Oh, it does remind me of that now that you mention it, Thom Byrd. No wonder I kept looking at it like I remembered that scene from somewhere. Wasn't that soooo sad. Tragic.

impetuous
03-09-2002, 05:00 AM
love this pam, recognized it straight away (this photo has long been a fav of mine) you really captured the glow ...i think your colours are awesome!:)

tuatara
03-09-2002, 06:55 AM
Hey REMBRANDT and Thom Byrd I haven't seen Bambi. Not sure I like the sound of the shooting bit ! Thanks for your comments re the glow which was what I was after!

Imp! Thanks for looking- the colours here are abysmal compared to the painting where there are better oranges and some blues believe it or not. I couldn't get the yellow if the blue remained so it had to go. Any advice on this would be much appreciated. Computer Dummy me!!LOL

Yielding
03-09-2002, 07:04 AM
Hi tuatara

I was hoping someone would do this one, great job, very nice

Yielding

Surfinia
03-09-2002, 08:52 AM
:clap: This is beautiful - you really captured the glow of the fire, which isn't easy - very well done. The rest of the painting is great, too. I know it'd be even more impressive if we could see the colors the way you painted them.

Caron
03-09-2002, 11:03 AM
I am soooo happy to see this one got done and who better to do it??? Amazing! You did a fabulous job T:clap: It was kinda a sad picture wasnt it, but reality. You have captured the intensity here and you can feel the heat tuatara. A very good painting!!:clap: :clap:

orchidlover6
03-09-2002, 11:05 AM
I like these colors tuatara. Good work.

AriadneArts
03-09-2002, 12:01 PM
I really liked this photo but didn't dare try it. I'm so glad you did because you really did it justice. You captured that glow, and you even caught some of the fear and confusion in the animals' postures. If the scan is this good, the original must be "outtasight." Wonderful job, Tuatara!

sundiver
03-09-2002, 12:26 PM
I'm so glad someone was brave enough to try this one ...I sure wasn't! Very well done :D , and, yeah scanners can be so frustrating!

Rod
03-09-2002, 03:49 PM
You've captured the raging intensity with your painting, and the deer frozen with fear, it's great it glows,

Rod

ZOTMA
03-09-2002, 04:29 PM
I looked at that source pic and thought
'that would make a good acrylic' (or cpencil too)
but seemingly tough
you pulled it off well, really got the warmth
and the mottled texture to the over all scene
very well done

artdudette
03-09-2002, 04:35 PM
tuatara,

I love the intense yellows in the fire, and my favorite part is the reflection on the water closest to the fire, it's dead on perfect!

You really caught the intensity of the moment, congratulations on a job very well done!

I too was hoping someone would attempt this, as I was far too chicken!

:clap: :clap:

BlackTigr
03-09-2002, 06:05 PM
Danger in the forest, and the deer are confused...Very good capture, this one.

--BT

Lulu
03-11-2002, 02:48 AM
Aha - we chose the same one:) I really like your treatment of it Pam, really looks like those trees are well ablaze!

tuatara
03-11-2002, 05:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you Yielding, Surfinia, Caron, ORchidLOver6, AriadneArts, sundiver, Rod, ZOTMA, artdudette, Blacktigr, and Lulu for all your positive comments. I guess my scanner problems don't seem so bad in hindsight :D Drove me mad at the time though. Its interesting that me being a fire sign and choosing to do this one - I wonder if that applies to anyone else ie water, earth or air in relation to the topics. Were the people who chose water in fact water signs, I wonder?

Pam:)