PDA

View Full Version : FND- covered bridge

Inkling
03-08-2002, 10:58 PM
This is soft pastel on sanded paper. I hate doing perspective. Can never get it quite right. But I loved all the colors in the background in the covered bridge picture. The bridge definately could have been better, but the rest isn't too bad.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2002/snowbridge1.JPG

baquitania
03-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Very cool, nice mood... yer braver than me, i saw that perspective and went running... :D

Bobby

Yielding
03-08-2002, 11:01 PM
Very nice Inkling

I am so ready for winter to be over but I can not help like the soft feel of this winter scene, great job!

Yielding

Surfinia
03-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Your covered bridge is just great - I'm impressed. I really wanted to do this one, but knew I'd get hopelessly lost in all that detail.

auntie_chaos
03-08-2002, 11:25 PM
I was hoping to see someone did this one ... I really liked the photo. And you've done a wonderful job with it! The bridge is awesome and really like how you did the background!

tuatara
03-09-2002, 06:18 AM
The trees in the backgroung are especially fine. The colour is very delicate which gives strenght to the man made structure of the bridge. Good handling of perspective - it was a hard one to do.

Pam:)

Caron
03-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Yea, I think this one was tougher on perspective then it originally looked and I think you were the only one brave enough to try it! So many cross beams! But you did do it well..loved the colours you used as well for the snow! :clap:

ZOTMA
03-09-2002, 04:52 PM
bridge looks sturdy, you did a nice job
I especially like your stroke quality
nice laying in of texture and color to build your forms
well done

artdudette
03-09-2002, 05:03 PM
Inkling, you may hate doing perspective, but it sure likes you! That was essential to get this pic to work, and you worked it good!

I love the purples, it really makes me think of the shadows on the snow just before the sun goes down.

I think you did a really wonderful job here, I really love pastels!

BlackTigr
03-09-2002, 05:53 PM
The perspective on this one was hard. Valiant effort, and the trees share the space well.

--BT