PDA

View Full Version : FND 3/8 Echo - Decomposition

Echo
03-08-2002, 10:36 PM
My first participation in FND. I think it came out ok :) All of these are done the way I do all my sketches: 5.5"x8.5" sheets of plain old copier paper and standard 0.5mm mechanical pencil with No2 lead. That's because I only recently started to feel more serious about my sketching but haven't really got any idea what good tools to start with yet ;)

Anyway, I started it off with a quick impression sketch... which is to say that I looked at the picture a lot, went someplace else, thought about it for a few minutes, and sketched what I could remember of it.

I'll attach the first one here, then the next two in replies I guess :)

Echo
03-08-2002, 10:37 PM
A little more serious with this one, but still just trying to get comfortable with the shape of the skull...

Echo
03-08-2002, 10:38 PM
This is the last one I did. My intention was to get the shape down and then see if I could color it in later with colored pencils (I think I may actually have some around here somewhere!)

Not really as satisfied with this one though...

artdudette
03-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Hi Echo, Welcome! This is the first time I've actually made it to the event on time too!

I definitely like the second one, you've got the shapes bang on. It will be interesting to see what you will do if you add a little color with the third, but I think you did a really good job capturing the skull in all three.

Grrrrrrrrrreat!

auntie_chaos
03-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Great sketching work, Echo! This was my first time I actually made it into a drawing evening also! What fun it's been although it's a pretty fast 2 hours!! Also let me welcome you to wet canvas and look forward to seeing more of your work.

tuatara
03-09-2002, 05:23 AM
I like the second one,Echo! There is a strong design there and the lines look pretty right. It will be interesting to see what you do with it. Don't stop now, you've got this far!

Pam:)

Caron
03-09-2002, 08:59 AM
Well welcome to the family Echo and thank you for joining us last night!! You picked the perfect image for this kind of style:) I remember doing a horses skull in school the very same way and it was challenging! You captured it very well here! I do like the second one but it could be that is the one I see the best. I hope you continue and apply colour to it-Im a colour kinda gal! But this is very deserving of it!! Great job!!!:D

Surfinia
03-09-2002, 09:07 AM
Welcome to Wet Canvas, and to the drawing event. You're gonna love it here.

Your method of getting acquainted with the subject is interesting - I must try that. I'm too anxious to get down to the real thing that I don't take the time to see all that's there.

Your attention to this shows in the second sketch. Go on, now and finish the last one - we'll be looking for it.

orchidlover6
03-09-2002, 11:13 AM
I like the second sketch the best also. Please do finish in cp and post the results. and welcome to WC!

BlackTigr
03-09-2002, 06:28 PM
You've been holdin' out on me, buddy...These are all very good studies, and the last two have the beginnings of a mature work. Looking forward to seeing you do this a lot more often.

--BT