PDA

View Full Version : FND 3-8 Reflection (Light)

artdudette
03-08-2002, 10:34 PM
9x12 on Pastel paper, with Pitt pencil Pastels...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2002/FND-outside1.jpg

:confused:
_________
artdudette:rolleyes:

auntie_chaos
03-08-2002, 11:14 PM
Oh wonderful ... another one of my favorite photo!! You've done an awesome job on this, artdudette!!

Surfinia
03-08-2002, 11:22 PM
Well done. I just love this one.

tuatara
03-09-2002, 06:13 AM
Nice use of colour on the shirt. Choice of paper colour gives it an unexpected warmth - I really like your handling of the pastel pencils especially the sketchiness in the hair. Well done!

Pam:)

Caron
03-09-2002, 12:02 PM
My this was a popular image!! I love the textured paper you used. . it really added a quality to the image! This one was difficult and you acheived it effortlessly! I love how you captured the light on his hands..its what I found really appealing about the pic! What a great job you did mirror-imaging him! I found it difficult to try and replicate the other side, but you succeeded!!:clap:

AriadneArts
03-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Very nice, Artdudette. I especially love the way you did the hands and how you captured the light between them. And the color and texture of the paper you chose really adds to this piece.

artdudette
03-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Thanks auntie_chaos, and Surfinia, this was my favorite picture too, although it was hard to choose a favorite.

Tuatara, Caron, Ariadne Arts, Thanks very much for your positive comments, I did decide to try a better quality paper with this one, didn't know if I liked the texture or not, but loved the color.

I didn't draw the profiles, by the way, I drew the negative area between them instead, I think that's what helped the mirror effect work.

I love these drawing sessions, I've never worked this much on my art, and I think it's doing me a world of good. I look forward to the next one!

BlackTigr
03-09-2002, 06:11 PM
You drew the negative area instead of the profiles...That's kinda the same thing I did with my drawing this week. Works well, especially in this pic.

--BT