PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Wednesday, June 14, 2006 ***

vasilkadifeli
06-14-2006, 01:52 AM
It's more than an hour I am sitting here, and still no new Daily Wash thread around...
so I am creating my own :D

Hi and good morning all :wave:

Yesterday the rain continued and the weather was quite cold in the evening... today it seems to get better... at least I can see some sun out of the window...

I hope everyone is OK and feels better than yesterday...

HAWLTAIN :grouphug:

laudesan
06-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Hi Vasil AAWAYTC :wave:

We have just come back from taking our sirround siund systen back to the shop :( Still not working properly. They are sending it back to the repaiere so maybe someone can tell us what is wrong?

I have lost my Address note book and I have been turning the place upsdie diown looking fo it. The addresses in there, some a not replacable..:( I feel sick to the stomach that I can't find it.

Alan is downstairs making me spke for all the bits of paper on myh desk :D :p

4.00pm here. Time to shut the windows and doors and put the heater on.

Later..

:wave:

sweetapplez
06-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Hi Vasil. It is almost my bedtime here but I had a little nap after dinner so of course I am not sleepy now.

JJ..You sure are having trouble with your new SS. Sounds like you got a lemon!:( I know what it is like to lose something, and be searching frantically for it. Really bugs me! I'm sure you will find it.

Trish

Yorky
06-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Morning all :wave:

8 am, a lovely blue sky and 60F. Promises to be a lovely day for plein air.

JJ - we had a TV with surround sound and rarely could we hear anything coming from the rear. It depends on the recording you are listening to - few seem to be encoded for SS.

Hope you find you address book - I hate it when that happens. You didn't take it to the hospital with you did you? Glad you are feeling better.

Hi Trish, Vasil, things seem to have calmed down at last - couldn't get anything done the past few days :rolleyes: Must get my "O" bird painted and flown.

Ruth has a dental appointment in an hour - must get her up.

Bye for now,

Doug

laudesan
06-14-2006, 03:30 AM
Doug only the front two speakers work no matter what we play, TV-DVD-Video..

There are 7 sound modes and the jolly thing only switches to two????

I ang the company to see if we were hooking it up wrong abd the lady said no. There is only one way to wire it up. Maybe the wiring is faulty. So Alan checked the wiring and speakers with our old stereo and they worked.

Maybe the system is faulty or the remote control or Alan had it hooled up wrong or I don't know but it sure is fristrating..:(

Yeah I still can't find that address book, maybe I did leave it at the hospital ... good thinking I will ring them now!!

Edit.

Nope not left at hospital..:(

JJ

jaydiva
06-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Good Morning all :wave:

Sunny over here, no cloud in sight and an expected high of 34°C :eek: GollyJeeee this'll melt my beetroot lipstick!

Mike, i'm keeping little Brant in my prayers to help him go through this surgery with little pain and huge success. I'm sure he will bump right back to his usual self. {{{{{ Brant + family }}}}}

I loved the new of Jeff!!!! Isn't that just a miracle :clap:

Poor Uschi :heart: you should really see a doctor!!!!! That does not sound good at all. Vielleicht macht der Doktor ja einen Hausbesuch, weil es dir so schlecht geht.

JJ, that SS-system of yours sure is no fun :( like Trish said: a real lemon!

Looks like Tim will be unemployed by Aug 1, :( but he is confident to get another job right away. His boss is giving him all the time off he needs to apply for another job and also writes him a superb recommendation (i hope that's what it's called). But i DO worry, i always worry about loved ones and people i care about. Volker calls me the Worrymaster but i just can't help it, it makes me sick to think about someone being unhappy or ill :crying:
Tim will be 28 in Sept. and i worry about him like he were a little child.

Aquarelle10
06-14-2006, 04:34 AM
Good morning everyone.............

The sun isn't shining but the birds are still singing
My girlfriend is happy as Brazil was winning!
She invited me round to watch footie last night
I wanted to paint but went,felt that right
She's Brazilian you see and a great friend of mine
She said she'd cook something during half time
The game finally finished and yes Brazil won
She wore a team t shirt and we had so much fun
But as Brazil won she poured out champagne
Oh heck what was I typing and what is my name!
I really can't celebrate so even if it IS free
No Champagne next time, just water for me!

:( ;) :angel:

I'm sitting here thinking it isn't easy having so many International friends when a World Cup is on. Everyone wants their own country to win and I want them all to be happy! It's so funny seeing so many different flags outside homes and so many cars on the road with England Flags on.It's like a fever has hit UK at the moment and it seems to be bringing everyone together in so many ways.

Vasil thank you for starting the wash.

Uschi I hope you're feeling better today.Please rest and look after you.We miss you.

Talking of missing people I miss Jaytee when she isn't around .She's always so bubbly.

Jo I have a feeling you will be smiling from ear to ear today and it's such a cute smile.;)

JJ that doesn't sound good I hope you get it sorted and I hope you find your book.

((((((((((( Jutta)))))))))))))))))) I hope you have no need to worry for too long.

Hi to everyone to come, I hope you all have a fantastic day. I'm so excited about Banxy and Chris going to see Kevin that just the thought of their visit will keep a silly grin on my face all day.

Jean.:heart:

painterbear
06-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Good Morning all,
Just a few minutes past 4:30 a.m. here in Oakwood. Another nice day has been promised by the weathermen. :D

We are going over to Casey's home this morning for babysitting. His Mom has a doctor's appointment so we get to play with the little guy. Will try to give him a haircut while we are there (at his Mom's request :thumbsup: ). Usually Larry can keep him amused and occupied while I flit around with my barber scissors snipping away. Not much styling, but at least it looks shorter when I finish. :D :evil:

Talked to Kent last night and he said that Atticus was over the pneumonia but still taking meds for his asthma which is a condition he has year-round. He started summer classes at the special school in Cincinnati he is going to attend. It is one of the few in the area that has a program for children with apraxia. Steph said Atticus is so happy and loves to go there. They are taking a field trip to a Graeter's Ice Cream Store today. Graeter's is a Cincinnati landmark and they make delicious, rich ice cream the old-fashioned way. Should be fun for Atticus and his classmates. Kent will be putting their old house on the market this next week, he finally got it all repainted and landscaping is going in now. Please send some white light that it sells FAST so they don't have to carry two mortgage payments for very long.

Speaking of white light—Uschi, I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so badly. It does sound like you have the flu. Do go to the doctor if you don't feel better soon.

Mike, White light and healing vibes for your little grandson Brandt. That is a lot to handle for a little guy. Hope the operation goes smoothly and he feels OK quickly.

Jutta, Even though Tim is a grown man, Mom always sees the little boy that once was. ;) Hope he finds a new job quickly so both he and you can stop worrying. Glad his boss is trying to be helpful and giving him time to go out on a job search.

JJ, Maybe we should light a candle for your surround-sound system. It sure has given you and Alan headaches since Day 1! Say a prayer to Saint Jude, he is the patron saint of lost things. He'll help you find your address book. ;)

Waving :wave: to Vasil, Trish, Doug, Jean, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
06-14-2006, 05:04 AM
Maybe I should Sylvia it is very frustrating. :(

There is a candle group for Uschi.. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Uschi She sounds really, really sick..:(

Back to searching...................

JJ

doubleL
06-14-2006, 05:13 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/81323-good_morning_washers6.gif

Good Morning Vasil

JJ ((()))) I'm sorry about your lost, try to stay calm, maybe you'll remember where you've put it. Thx for the link sweetie

Good morning Trish and Yorky, good luck Ruth at the dentist

Good morning Jutta my fingers are crossed that Tim will find a new job pretty soon

Uschi ((((())))) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/81323-GWS.gif

Good morning Jean and Syl

Today it's cloudy and it*s cold :( and it should get colder even more by tomorrow :(

bbl
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/81323-s1_7.gif

Llalena

laudesan
06-14-2006, 05:44 AM
Good Morning Llalena Dear. I am sure it will turn up when I quit looking for it.

In the meantime I have a baby blanket I finished crotcheting yesterday to sew up..:)

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my bag with my sketching supplies I took tot he hospital..:D :o

Sharon you inbox in full..;)

Back to sewing up..:D

JJ

doubleL
06-14-2006, 06:59 AM
JJ :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I knew you would find it woohoo!!!!!! You finished the new baby blanket? I wanna see pics pretty pretty please :angel: :) :clap:

Llalena

maltman
06-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Doug only the front two speakers work no matter what we play, TV-DVD-Video..

There are 7 sound modes and the jolly thing only switches to two????

I ang the company to see if we were hooking it up wrong abd the lady said no. There is only one way to wire it up. Maybe the wiring is faulty. So Alan checked the wiring and speakers with our old stereo and they worked.

Maybe the system is faulty or the remote control or Alan had it hooled up wrong or I don't know but it sure is fristrating..:(

Yeah I still can't find that address book, maybe I did leave it at the hospital ... good thinking I will ring them now!!

Edit.

Nope not left at hospital..:(

JJ
Hewy All :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

JJ..I had a problem with mine....I bought a Yamaha 7 channel amplifier...ony worked at the front speakers, till I realized that I'd wired the back speakers to "Rear Speakers".....not "Surround"....maybe you did the same?

Ellen in Ont
06-14-2006, 07:25 AM
:wave: morning everyone,
Zipping through yet again. We are going to see a house this morning and then there is a showing here right after. So DH and I have to tidy before we go. Also, the engine light on the car is on and we have to get it in to the shop by 8:00. Since we need it for our trip next week :clap: it has to be reliable!

Mike - ((((Brant, family and you)))) It is such a worry when children need to have an operation or are ill.

JJ - I was just going to suggest you check your bags you brought to the hospital. :D

Uschi - white light beaming your way. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi to Vasil, Doug, Trish, Jutta, Jean, Sylvia, Llalenia, Brian.

Gotta run. Lots to do. BBL

artmom
06-14-2006, 07:31 AM
:wave: to everyone 'fore and aft! Slept good last night; from 10 pm until 6 am this morning! Thanks for the concern voiced in yesterday's WASH. It's 64 F., going to 84 F. later today.

Went out yesterday--had my hair cut short for summer! Feels better. :)

Had DH Ed and assorted folk carry my old recliner out to the street for pick-up by the once a month trash collectors. We have weekly garbage collections; but once a month you can put anything at the curb and it will be hauled away by the city crews. I figured if I trashed it, I'll get my b**t in gear and go buy a new lift recliner which I badly need! So, today, DH and I will go lift chair shopping! :D

We have a couple of new restaurants in town that I haven't tried; maybe this is the week to do so. One is called Ruby T's, and is an upscale version of Ruby Tuesday's. Ruby Tuesday's has their headquarters here. The founder is from Maryville. They plan to use the Ruby T's to try new menu items, etc. DS John and DIL tried it out and really liked it.
They said it had easy access, which I need.:)

Today I pay the deposit for holding the Convention Center at the Highland Manor Inn in Townsend, TN for the 2007 Second Annual Smoky Mountain Spring Art Fling!! :D

Well, off to pay some bills; and have a cuppa' and a bacon buttie!

HAWLTAIN

May your today be gloriously better than your yesterday.

Lyn

P.S. Special hug for Uschi and one for Mike and Brant.

Uschi
06-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Beautiful day!!!

10 hours sleep, lots of hot toddies and a pot of Vicks Vaporub later, I think I'll make it :D Still feel a bit delicate but the chest is loosening and the fever is down. I think this will be a "sit in the garden" day. THANK YOU ALL for your concern!!!!

Jutta, had a chuckle about your suggestion of doctor making housecall, NOT HERE, NEVER EVER!!

Sylvia, re Atticus' asthma, as you know Ethan is suffering with the same condition, the Asthma Society, not the doctor, suggested to try him on some anti allergy medication, since it seems the allergies were the main cause of the asthma attacks, and he has been amazingly well ever since he started taking this and no more puffers ever since. The puffers he was using are filled with steroids and steroids are not good for anyone leave alone children of that age,might be an idea for Atticus.

Thinking of Mike's grandson.

Jutta, my oldest is 45 and I still worry if things aren't right, hope Tim gets a job SOON!!!

I'm excited about Chris's and Brian's trip.

Another hot toddy coming up, have a good day!!!
:wave: Uschi

laudesan
06-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Hewy All :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

JJ..I had a problem with mine....I bought a Yamaha 7 channel amplifier...ony worked at the front speakers, till I realized that I'd wired the back speakers to "Rear Speakers".....not "Surround"....maybe you did the same?Brian I asked Alan if he did that but he was insistant the he didn't. He said the wires were colour coded and that it was impossible to make a mistake Famous last wods, and I wont be suprised if it is something like that. Oh well the work-shop has it now. I just hope we don't come out with red faces.. :p Well not me I did put it together..;)

Having words with Saint Jude was a great idea..:) ;) Man I picked up that sketch pad bag a dozen times..:o

:wave:

Little Old Lady
06-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Greetings:wave:
Dreary day here.
Beaming white light to Mike's Brant.
Glad Uschi is feeling better.
Lyn hope you find a great chair.
JJ glad the lost is found.
Painting at nursing home this morn Then have to go pick up their pictures that were on display.
Have a good one.
Alphabet soup
:grouphug:
JoAnn

olliewood0702
06-14-2006, 08:29 AM
HAPPY HUMP DAY WASHERS!!:wave:

Lovely sunny cool morning here but promises to warm up today to about 72 degrees F! PERFECT!!:thumbsup:

Watered my flowers last night because we need rain and haven't gotten any in quite a long time. I sure do wish I had my camera(s) here, I'd take a few pics...by the time Josh mails them to me the flowers will be done.:rolleyes:

I slept well last night because I took a muscle relaxant before going to bed along with some ibuprofen. My left arm has been killing me up by the shoulder and I might have to go see what's going on. My mother had calcium deposits in hers...maybe it's hereditary.:confused:

((((USCHI))))) so glad you're finally on the mend....take care and DON'T do too much!!

Good for you JJ...in finding your lost address book. ((()))) for your problems with your surround sound...that is SO frustrating....
((((JJ))))) take care of yourself as you are healing.

Good morning,(aft) Jean, Vasil, Trish, Doug, LLalena, Malty and Ellen!!

Good luck chair hunting Lyn.

(((Kent and family)))) hoping your house sells fast!!

((((KEVIN)))) Banxy and Malty will be there very soon.

Sylvia have fun with Casey!

((((BRANDT))))) healing vibes and prayers for successful surgery. ((((MIKE))))

I hope everyone has a profitable, satisfying and washy day!!:wave:

laudesan
06-14-2006, 08:29 AM
You can all light a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Brant)for Brant. Poor little mite..

He has a long haul..

olliewood0702
06-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Hello JoANN!! you snuck in on me!! ;)

doubleL
06-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Glad you're feeling better Uschi take care ((())))

Lyn I am glad you've had a good and restful night, good luck with the chair hunt and enjoy the new restaurant

Darla hope your arm isn't hurting too much today.

Ellen Malty and JoAnn :wave:

Llalena

Cathie Jones
06-14-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't remember getting as far as the wash yesterday, so I guess I went through the gallery and then just wandered away. *again* Gotta stop doing that!

JJ, please post pics of the baby blanket. Your last one was terrific!

Here's my latest quilt - finished it yesterday. It's lap-size, 53" x 67." By the time I get the quilting machine I should have quite a few to practice on! I named this one "Summertime." Couldn't get a really good photo, but this is pretty close.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/23460-Yellow_Green_Log_Cabin_web_banner.jpg

White Light and (((()))) to all in need.

Syl, I'm not up on saints, but my friend Stephanie used to talk to St. Anthony when she lost something. It went like this: "Dear Saint Anthony look around, something's lost and must be found." She was always losing things, but I guess it worked - she found them!

Gotta run - lunch today with an ex-co-worker, checking on Mom and taking her some food, and starting a quilt if there's time.

Y'all be good . . . :wave:

jaydiva
06-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Beautiful quilt, Cathie!!!

Uschi, you mean they make NO housecalls :eek:

I think i'll have one of these
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/32313-Eiskaffee.gif

you need: cold coffee, vanilla icecream and whipped cream (if you like)
Fill icecream in huge glass :D add cold coffee, top with whipped cream add straw and slurppppp along :smug:

JustjoGA
06-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Morning, Washers...

73F and clear... we got no rain yesterday,
and apparently Alberto fizzled before much
damage other than heavy rain in Florida...

No time for comments, except "what they ^^^^
said!"

:wave: to all here, AWAYTC HAWLTAIN :grouphug:

BBL, JustJo

PS: Yes, Jean, it was a wonderful surprise and
the smile will be in place all day :)

Christie
06-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Morning All!

Thinking about Mike and Brant and family this morning. I hope everything goes well for the little guy.

Uschi, glad you are feeling better today. I was worried.

Sylvia, I am glad that Atticus is over the pneumonia. I am even happier that he has access to a program that will help him with his apraxia. Sounds like his trip is going to be a fun one. I read you post to George and he said, "Lucky kid. Does he get samples?":D

JJ, glad you found your address book. Is your system still under warranty? Is this still the same one you had previous problems with?

On the run again today. It is my day for the twins and I think we are at a baby shower today. My BIL had his surgery last night and I think he is at home now. Not sure as George took the message and forgot to write it down.:rolleyes::D

Must go get her ladyship up and moving.

We had a whacking great thunderstorm last night and there are traffic lights out all over the place, roads flooded (but not badly) and power outages.:D Obviously we are not affected.:D

Hi to everyone else.

Take care.

keysgram
06-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Good Mornin' All!!!

Glad to hear all is well...people happy and on the mend :heart:

Lit a candle for Brant...

Beautiful quilt Cathie!!! My gram and mom used to quilt, made hundreds over the years. So beautiful to have them in my home as reminders of wonderful talented women.:)

Vasil, Trish, Doug, Brian -:wave:

JJ - glad to hear you found your addy book - I would be LOST without mine!! Electronics -ughhh -my DH is the expert, as I am totally electronically challenged:o

Jutta, do you really get housecalls????!!!

Jean, helllloooo! hope your head isn't sore :lol:

Jo, Sylvia, Ellen, Lyn and LLalena-Have a GREAT day!:wave:

Uschi, so glad you are feeling better today:)

Joanne and Darla :) :wave:

Christie -WOW, what a thunderstorm!! Woke us up for quite a while last nite. I have finally gotten over my fear of lightning, for the most part. WHile I don't 'like' it, I no longer cringe under the blankets:o

It is cool and dreary and rainy again today - so hard to get motivated...

Took Cooper up to the LongTerm Care Unit last night. He was SUCH a GOOD puppy. Only the second time on his leash, and he walked like a little gentleman :D The residents just LOVED seeing him. I will make it a regular thing as he is growing up, so that hopefully I can use him for pet therapy in the hospital and nursing home. It really makes the residents day to see and feel cats and dogs. Very theraputic.

Well, I must go work on another black dog commi - if anyone wants to help they are most welcome!!;)

Hope like heck that I missed NO ONE! :grouphug:

Have a spectacular day!!

HAWLTAIN :grouphug:

Roun2it
06-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Aft noon each:wave:

Hi everyone I'm back:wave:

Well been back since Sunday but we have been so busy since we got back and so so tired that I haven't even bothered to switch the computer on.

All went OK, Florida was great, but very hot. Only rain we got was a downpour that lasted an hour, 1 hour before my DD wedding. It stopped about 5mins before she and I walked out onto the walkway to the 'gay zebra'. It was a great day and everyone cried:crying:

Anyway I'm still busy, I have got Sam, he stayed last night and didn't sleep, he hasn't recovered from his jet-lag yet. So I didn't get to bed until 4am this morning!!!!!! He's sleeping now and Joanne is coming to pick him up shortly.

I will then have a look at some photos and will post some here for you to see.

Big day tomorrow, Sam's 1st birthday, doesn't seem that long ago that Joanne gave birth on the bathroom floor:eek:

BBL :wave:

jaydiva
06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
For Goodness Sake!!!! DH won a 5 litre can of beer :eek: Dark beer, some monks brew :eek:
we never have beer in the house let alone drink any and now this blessing :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/32313-Volker.jpg

looks like we have to have a BBQ :lol: :lol:

After that i will NEED a housecall :lol:

yahooserious
06-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Good Morning, Everybody...

Well, today is class day and I need to get myself together and then do the spackle bit.. I need to start a new painting and after several non-florals I'm having withdrawal pains, so I'm going to comb through my stuff and see what I can fine..

Mike.... Sending prayers for Brandt...Lots of comfort for him, you and all the family...

What happy news about Jeff!! Aren't miracles wonderful??

Sylvia, good to hear Atticus is over his pneumonia...

Uschi!! Great to see you're feeling better... Keep up the good work...

JJ... I'm glad you're healing and mending well...

Better get to my painting decision.. I still have much to do before I leave for class...

HAWLTAIN....

Emilie

p.s. WOW, Jutta!! That there is one hefty-size beer can!! :eek: I can't believe we don't have those in Texas..:D

mr sandbanx
06-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi to everyone to come, I hope you all have a fantastic day. I'm so excited about Banxy and Chris going to see Kevin that just the thought of their visit will keep a silly grin on my face all day.

I will be leaving one of my personalities at home. Not sure Kevin is ready for that just yet!

Starsprite
06-14-2006, 11:02 AM
For Goodness Sake!!!! DH won a 5 litre can of beer :eek: Dark beer, some monks brew :eek:
we never have beer in the house let alone drink any and now this blessing :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/32313-Volker.jpg

looks like we have to have a BBQ :lol: :lol:

After that i will NEED a housecall :lol:

Skimming the Wash very quickly...as i need to get back to work, but this caught my eye!! LOL Jutta!!!!! :lol: :lol: That is one HUGE can of beer!! It would go good with Banxy's huge jug of maple syrup that Stridey sent him! :lol: :lol:

doubleL
06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Just read a bit of yesterdays washes.

Mike ((((()))))) your little grandson is in my thoughts.

Darla that's are amazing good news about Jeff :clap:

Jutta eeeek beer I'd rather had one of your delicous looking icecream http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/81323-yum.gif

Cathie beautiful quilt looks gorgeous

Jo Linda Christie Emilie Chris and Patty :wave:

Welcome back Kev are we going to see some pics of Florida????

Llalena

Nacre
06-14-2006, 11:18 AM
'Morning' :) to all

Rainy day here so no garden work but will be a good day for painting :D
Have lit candles and pray all is well with everyone so enjoy your day , I hope it will be a happy one.

rue d'oak
06-14-2006, 12:10 PM
:clap: :wave: (I think we need a running emoticon!)

A quick hello!

JJ, you are crocheting up a storm. Another blanket. And I am struggling to finish the project I started in February!

Jutta, now that is serious beer. Boy would my DH be jealous. (His beer bottle collection literally rings the kitchen, up high on the walls. and you should have seen them fall in the last big earthquake.)

Cathie :clap: on your quilt.

<<Mike, for your GS>>

See you again AFTER I get to the garage and return the rental truck. Me, who usually drives a Mini, tooling around San Francisco in a small pick up while the family volvo wagon has its brakes fixed. But since the rental company only had a truck available, I immediately headed to the garden supply store to buy BIG BIG planters and soil that I cannot otherwise haul. :lol: Been wanting to do this for 2 years. Boy did my DH laugh. Hmm, hope he is still laughing when he sees the bill.:eek:

Hello to those yet to drop by. White light to all in need.

Jen

ameliajordan
06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Having trouble loading wetcanvas today so just a quick hello. We went to Hershey plant today - at the end of the tour (just before the sales shop) they blast you with chocolate smell - worked with us :D

Hope everyone's having a good day - will read off line and get back :wave:

Aquarelle10
06-14-2006, 12:55 PM
I will be leaving one of my personalities at home. Not sure Kevin is ready for that just yet!

Why is it everytime I read a reply by Chris he has me in fits laughing....on second thoughts it might be best if no one answers that question!

Jutta thats a huge can of beer!

Uschi its great to know you're on the mend.Don't so too much til you're really better tho please.

I need to get back to my things to do list!

By the way Jo it is WONDERFUL when you smile.It seems to effect the whole darn world yet alone W/C!

Jean.

Aquarelle10
06-14-2006, 12:58 PM
We went to Hershey plant today :eek:

I SO wish I'd been in your bag Amelia!

jaydiva
06-14-2006, 01:54 PM
I'd prefer a Hershey plant visit too :D

Starsprite
06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I'd prefer a Hershey plant visit too :D

Yup or a visit to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. :D

mmcaloon
06-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks for all your thoughts for Brant and the family.

The surgery went well. He went in around 8:00 Am and was in recovery around 11:00AM. He has A tiny hole toward the back of his jaw, and toward the front is where the adjustment screw thingy (fancy medical term) comes out under his jaw. Thats what his parents will have to adjust a couple times a day.

The doctor first came out and talked with Devin and Jenifer and told them everything went well. Orthodontal specialist said everything looked good from that point of view as well. After a while they said the family could go to recovery.

He looked so helpless there asleep in that big bed with all that stuff medical around him and his little brown teddy bear. Gave me such a heavy heart for a while.

So far so good. He has a great cranial facial team here working with him. They are the same team that separated the Egyptian Twins recently here in Dallas. Anyway just thought I'd let you all know how it went so far.

Thanks again. Will visit him after supper tonight. BBL

HAWLTAIN

Yorky
06-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Wonderful news Mike :clap:

Poor little mite, but he is in good hands.

Doug

Starsprite
06-14-2006, 03:35 PM
(((((Mike, Brant and family))))) Glad the surgery went well. It sounds like he has a great team of surgeons and will do well. :)

sweetapplez
06-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone. I slept in so late today. Thats what I get for napping in the day.

Mike..so relieved everything went well for little Brant, bless his little heart. Sounds like he has the absolute best for medical care. It does make a BIG difference.

Uschi..glad you are feeling better today.

JJ..you found your addy book!

Cathie..more beautiful quilts. I love looking at them. Thanks for sharing.

Amelia..I'm not that crazy about chocolate(savory and spicy gal myself) but the aroma drives me crazy. Now how fair is that wafting it under your nose like that? Very clever marketing, I guess. Who could resist!

Jutta..huge beer! Can I come to your BBQ to help you drink it? Hope your son finds work soon. We are mothers forever, and I think we will always worry about our children!

Jen..glad you took advantage of the truck. Priorities, eh!

A cool day here but yay no rain. Still have a few beds left to tidy, and some deadheading to do on my agenda for today. We have a wide variety of plants that grow year round here on the westcoast(Highest rated zone in Canada) but a day of our rain just destroys the blossoms. :crying:

Wishes for a fantastic rest of your day. White light to all in need.:heart:

Cheers.......Trish

Christie
06-14-2006, 03:48 PM
(((Mike))) I am glad that everything is going well. They look so small in those big hospital beds, don't they?

Well, back from my morning with the twins. They were adorable as always.:D My BIL is home from the hospital and lying down. It sounds like everything went well for him.

Jutta, that is some kind of beer can! Wow!

sweetapplez
06-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Christie..so glad all went well for your BIL. I was quite worried.
Trish

bluegenes
06-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi! Just running through,

This was my short day at work, came home and had lunch, then out and did some gardening, just started some spaghetti sauce and then out to vacuum the pool!

Glad your grandson's surgery went well Mike!

Uschi, glad you're feeling better! Got to be healthy for the meet!

CRS already!

:wave: Patty

Olga
06-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi Washies,
SO glad it went well, Mike! Hope the recovery is fast and smooth and the that "medical thingy" does its job well. ((((((Brent and his family--including the worrying grandpa)))))

(((((Uschi)))))--passing a nice cup of tea with honey and lemon and hope the improvement is continuing! GET WELL QUICKLY!!!

Late for me to get here...busy day at work, but it cooled off today so my thinking speed was more or less back to normal after yesterday's slow-down... speaking of which...
Amelia--you asked yesterday--no air conditioning here and my study at home and office at work are both on the top floor under the roof--so when it's hot, it's HOT... It's nothing like what it can get like in Richmond, though, I know... I remember our first summer there and how, since we had an air-conditioned car but a non-ariconditioned apartment, we used to "go for a ride" just to cool off a bit..:lol:

Welcome back Darla--what splendid news of Jeff!!!!

THe medical news here is also a bit positive: Hannah's friend is a bit stronger on the afffected side of her body and could say a few words... It might even be possible for Hannah to visit her tomorrow (three "best friends" drew lots who could go first and Hannah was the one... she is both happy to be the one who'll get to see Lyn and scared...)

I've read the rest of Wash as well but after a day of meetings and a very short sleep last night, all I can remember is Jutta's gigantic can of bear and Cathie's gorgeous quilt...

And on that note...I think I'll wave good bye and promise to be more coherent tomorrow...

HAWLTAIN and :grouphug:

Olga

doubleL
06-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Mike I am glad everything went well with the surgery (((((()))))) the poor little one it makes your heart break to see them suffer

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/81323-brant.jpg

Llalena

painterbear
06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi all,
It is one minute before 5:00 p.m. and I wanted to check the Wash before I start dinner. Grilled chicken breasts—mine with teriyaki sauce, DH's with lemon and olive oil brushed on :rolleyes:, kale and potatoes with salt pork and garlic. We've become huge kale fans lately, it is so tasty!

Sylvia, I am glad that Atticus is over the pneumonia. I am even happier that he has access to a program that will help him with his apraxia. Sounds like his trip is going to be a fun one. I read you post to George and he said, "Lucky kid. Does he get samples?"

Thanks, tell George I would imagine they will definitely get to sample some of that delicious ice cream.

Uschi, When we go down to see their new home in a couple of weeks, I'll get the rundown on the meds Atticus is on from Steph—Kent knows he takes them, but doesn't stay up on what they are and what they do. I know Atticus is on anti-allergens because he is so allergic (took after his Mom there unfortunately). I'll find out then if he is taking steroids or some other substance in his inhaler.

Cathie, What a great quilt! I love the diagonal design and the color combo you used.

Oops, re St. Anthony. It's been a while since I lost anything and needed divine assistance. ;) St. Jude must have stepped in and helped (or he called in his pal St. Anthony) since JJ found her address book. :D

Linda, We go to Wright-Patterson AFB Hospital for our medical care and I often see therapy dogs being walked along the corridors. They seem to bring calm and smiles to people's faces as they pass by.

Kev, Welcome back! Glad the rainmaker let up in time for your walk down the aisle with your daughter. Looking forward to seeing some photos once you are back in synch with your time schedule. Will wish Sam a Happy Birthday tomorrow.

Mike, So sorry poor Brandt has to go through all these medical procedures, but what a blessing that you have one of the finest surgical teams IN THE WORLD there and working with him. I know how hard it is for Grandparents to see their little ones sick or having difficulties doing things others do so easily. {{{{Mike and Brandt}}}}}

Olga, I hope Lyn's recovery goes quickly and well. I'm sure Hannah needs some encouragement too because it must be scary for her. This is such a hard thing to have to deal with at their young age. {{{{Hannah and Lyn}}}}

Waving to all that I missed. Will see you in the morning. Time to close my computer for the day.

Sylvia

JustjoGA
06-14-2006, 05:37 PM
((((Brant, Christie's BIL))) White Light beaming,
candles being lit ... hope for good outcome and swift
recovery for both...

JustJo

jaydiva
06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
:clap: :clap: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2006/32313-tooor.gif :clap: :clap:

Mike, i'm so glad Brant's surgery went well!!! It sure is hard seeing little children in the hospital {{{{{ Brant + Mike + family }}}}}

I'm also happy to hear Atticus is over his pneumonia!!

Welcome back, Kev :wave:

Christie, good news on your BIL :thumbsup:

I would LOVE to share that beer with all of you, i might even have a sip myself. Wouldn't it be nice ...

Stewartk
06-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Good Afternoon!

Well, its been a slow day here, overcast and cool , a bit of rain here and there but a nice day nevertheless. I got a few paper samples in the mail from fabrinio and am very pleased with the one hot press sheet they sent in the package. Will try a few things with mixed media later and see how it holds up to that :)

Wishing all well !
stew :cat:

ameliajordan
06-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Mike, I'm so glad that things are goijg well after GS surgery!!!! Poor little tyke has a long road - glad you live where there's a great med. team! Extra hugs :grouphug: for his grandpa!

Ogla, ((((((((Lyn)))))))) glad she is doing better! We are so used to AC now I can't do without it :) It's bad enough in the daytime but those sweltering pre-a/c nights - yuck!

Stew - looking forward to what you accomplish with the hot press - I haven't tried that yet.

Sylvia, I think I remember from my grandmother that St. Jude is for the hopeless (incurable) and St. Anthony for finding things. Greater's ice cream is the best!!! - I love their pepermint with their choc sauce - yum!!! Glad to hear that Atticus is better!

Patty your day sounded normal until I got to the clean the pool! Is it heated?

Does anyone go geocaching? Our friends at the campground do it and it seems quite fun. You put the zipcode of where you are into their website and get a list of caches with the lat/long and clues to find the container which you sign. Sorta like a grown-up treasure hunt. You do need a good GPS handheld locator.

I glad you're better and hope the improvement continues, Uschi!!!

Hope I sleep tonight - just not happening - grrrr

WLAHTAIN and :grouphug:

butterfly.art
06-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Just checking in!
I'm still around but with dial up internet it is so slow and I get dropped off line regularly:mad:

Mike - glad everything went well.

Uschi happy that you feel a bit better today.

Thinking of you all :wave:

Tricia

yahooserious
06-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Does anyone go geocaching?

Amelia, I wanted to try that until you explained!! I thought it had something to do with finding gemstones or something!! I'll just put my hat and shoes away now....:D

Mike, I'm so pleased to hear all went well with Brandt... Hugs and smiles to all involved....

Kev, glad to hear the rain stopped before your daughter's wedding... It is good to hear all went well!! Have you got all the sand out of your shoes?

Olga, it is great to hear Hannah's friend is getting better. I hope her visit goes well....

Patty, are you done with the pool? Can I come over now... It's terrible hot here!!

Trish, I'll eat your chocolate for you...:D

Hi Stew!! Hope you're feeling fine today... I've never tried hot press paper... I have enough trouble with the cp!!

Hey Darla... It's great to hear Jeff is improving every day...

I need to email Faith, so will see y'all later...

HAWLTAIN

Emilie

mmcaloon
06-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Well we are back home now. Visit Brant and all is going well. Thanks to all for the well wishes. I am going to go vegetate.

Good night and God bless

mr sandbanx
06-14-2006, 10:04 PM
This was my short day at work, ....

Have you ever had a TALL day, Patty?

Just wondering.

Hewy Folks, getting ready for the big trip, practicing my speech, packing.... may even be ready on time.

Our plan is to drive west for about 4 hours, past Uschi :wave: Char:wave: Patty:wave: and then into Michigan at Sarnia (maybe a couple hours fishing in the Detroit River), then west a bit to Flint in time for lunch, skirting the Red Roof Finn :wave: (hi Lauren, sorry we can't stop) turn left at the stop lights and head straight for the RV Capital of the world: Elkhart Indiana. I am hoping Malty lets me stop and take a photo of the Grand Canyon...

Once there we will test out Striders porch, maybe take his chair for a spin around the block and then off to the hospital to check out the nur... uh.... see Strider.... yeah, thats the ticket!

A full day Saturday of sightseeing: slurpee factory, the abandoned mill, the grainery and of course some tributary of the Mississississipi. Visits with the nurs....uh Strider again, probably for most of the day....and then back to the house to nosh on Kev's grub, try out his BBQ and meet all his neighbours and hopefully his folks. If he is not there with us by that point, I will be a little peeved,

Poetry readings and beer at about 9 pm, and Malty will do some rope tricks which is always a fun time. Me and Malty have been working on some 'slapstick'. that the folks in Elkhart will not soon forget.

Sunday, long goodbyes to the nur...uh, Strider, and then on our way back from whence we came.

Should be here posting some news Sunday night I guess.

Other than getting ready for this, and tryng to get some things done before we go, there is not much to report...watching the Stanley Cup if thats of any interest.

Gooby:wave:

laudesan
06-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Good Morning from me. Gosh it is nearly lunch time already..

I am sitting here with some toasted Cinnamon bun looking out the window at the lovely sunshine. I haven't been outside yet but I bet it is really nice..

Cathie your quilt is gorgeous.. :clap: I will post a pic of mine when I finish sewing it up. I have 3 strips to go. My arm and hand got quite sore last night sewing it..

Jutta Alan loves Iced coffee, he has them all year round. He askes for extra cream so I can eat some too :p. I like them if they are not bitter, but prefer Iced chocolaste..;)

Chrisie, yes our system is under warranty and we took out an extended warranty as well.. It is only 6 or so months old..:eek: Hope you had a ball with the twins.. That was some thunderstor,.. :( Glad you weren't effected.

Linda, Alan has ordered me to put all the address on the pc and he said he will buy me a momory stick as well..:p

Kev glad to see you back, and glad you had a ball.. Wow one year already!! Time is going too fast for my liking..

Jutta wow as I was scolling down your post I thought who on earth put a photo up of my DH. Alan used to have the beard and mo' too.. :D Weell what a terrific win and great excuse to have a barbie. I don't drink beer, but Alan does on the rare occassion.

Emilie how did your class go? Did you paint your florals?

Jen my painting muse is having a break. Actually it is so fristrating as I have about 6 paintings runing around in my head and I don't know which one to start first so I crochet instesd..:p

Amelia Oooooooo Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeershey. Oh Yuuuuuuuuuuuum..

Chris honey you only leaving one of theose bouys at home?? Oh poor Kevin..:wink2:

Mike so glad Brants surgery went so well.. I am sure all those candles helped.. Sounds like he had a wonderful medical team too!! ((((((((((BRANT))))))))))

Trish I am with you I absolutely Love savouries. Will choose them first any day..;)
You reminded me I most go deadhead my Japonica Camelia later too..

Christie glad you BIL is doing o.k. too..

Ogla special hugs for Hannahs friend too.(((((i)))))

Sylvia so glad Atticus is much better too. .. Laughing really hard here yougave me the wrong saint:p:D I wondered actually but thought who am I to question. That explains why it took a little longer han I thought. St Jude had to find St Anthony and tell him there was a crazy lady looking for her address book..:D :p

Hey there Stew. Have fun with those samples!!! I still have a book of samples here from Hannamule (sp) I found Arches 140lb cp and stuck with it..
Alan just came upstairs so I made us a yummy cappacinno. Mine English Toffee and his Hazelnut. I still have half a tin od Tim Hortons coffee left. I am making it last .. **grin**

Geochaching sounds like a whole lot of fun. Wish I had the money to become a full time globe trotter.. **grin**

Chris your trip sounds wonderful
Can't wait tio see all the photos'.

Give Kevin a huge hug from e will you please..

:wave: everyone

dudleyze
06-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Sounds like Chris & Brian have their trip all planned out - will be standing on the corner here in California, waving a big red bandana and shouting, wooooo wooooo!

Mike - take care of that little tyker - he sounds like a real fighter. Glad the first steps are over.

Hugs to every one else........ Carol

JudyL
06-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Hello :wave:
I am learning that buying a house here in the Sacramento Valley, can be a right royal pain! Probably why I have had a pain in my neck since Sunday, back and forth between underwriters, Bank people and mortgage dolts.
Jack would usually take care of that stuff but he can't.
I take tomorrow off to take GD out for her Birthday shopping trip. Her mom is taking the day off to go with us, probably to keep me from buying her too much.
Really really tired lately, took a nap today waiting for a phone call, and was very quiet since the computer would not behave.
Check in tomorrow.

JudyL