PDA

View Full Version : FND 3/8 - Kids on the steps

baquitania
03-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Wow that was hard... hard choosing, and hard doing... I almost did *peter sellers accent* the little minkey :D But I really like the color of this one, so here it is...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2002/baqsteps.jpg

That took 20 minutes, and about an hour's fudging with watercolor...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2002/2baqsteps.jpg

and about 10 minutes fudging with photoshop :D I had too...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2002/3baqsteps.jpg

Thanks Caron for the inspiration...

Bobby

strawberry
03-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Wow.... This is the one I chose, too. You've done a great job. Watercolour was a good choice.

RuthT
03-08-2002, 11:07 PM
Great work Bobby! Very interesting to see all three, and any one of them would stand on its own merits.

I had started on this and then realized I couldn't get to my paints and brushes. Never thought of doing a sketch. I am going to try a sketch though, just to see what I make of it. It's far more complicated than I usually tackle, but these events sure do make one try.

BlackTigr
03-08-2002, 11:22 PM
Gorgeous colors on the watercolor, even in the shadows. :clap:

--BT

Surfinia
03-08-2002, 11:26 PM
These are beautiful - I like all three. You did a great job on the children (sooo much better than mine!). I really liked this scene, too. You handled all the detail very well.

Yielding
03-08-2002, 11:29 PM
HI baquitania

Did not see the color ones the first time around, sorry I missed them.

Great job, like the playfull color

Yielding

AriadneArts
03-08-2002, 11:32 PM
These are wonderful, Bobby! All three are lovely. It's great to see the progress pics. Great work!

auntie_chaos
03-08-2002, 11:32 PM
These are great bobby!! I like them all ... each step of the way on their own is a work of art! So much detail and you've done it like a pro!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

diane555
03-08-2002, 11:37 PM
Bobby, these are all awesome! I can't decide which I like best! Beautiful colors.BTW you work fast!
Di

pencils4me
03-08-2002, 11:52 PM
So............... the busy little minkey could't keep his hands out of the photoshop eh? :D

Love your watercolor as always - great pic! Hey who won that fight anyway?

TJ

Thom Byrd
03-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Very nice the bottom one looks like a book illustration*

impetuous
03-09-2002, 05:29 AM
beautiful as always! love the colours you used, very warm and summery feel.
great image to have imprinted on your mind ...now i just have to get rid of peter sellers!:D

tuatara
03-09-2002, 06:05 AM
That minkey (P.Sellers) brought back so many fond memories!!LOL

Really like the first sketch and the last strong one. Particulary like the movement in the child at the bottom of the steps - you've caught it in all three. Nice work as usual.

Pam :)

Caron
03-09-2002, 09:42 AM
I hoped you would do this one Bobby..when I found it, I thought it was perfect for you:) You rendered it so well!! I love how you show us the steps you took on achieving it and that you chose to do the whole image. It had a lot detail to it!! I liked the drawing and then liked the application of WC to it and THEN you did more!! Not surprising though:) -you always do it to such completion!!
Its official -I hate you too!!!:D

guillot
03-09-2002, 09:48 AM
This is fantastic Bobby. I love your choice of color, and the dimensional work! I couldn't join in the fun last night, we were busy moving offices at work :( I loved this one when I saw it too.

I have an art class today (portraiture, that's why I've been working on faces so intently the last few months), so hopefully I'll get to post something tonight!

Tina

Wingnut
03-09-2002, 10:16 AM
ROFLOL! ditto what TJ said above!

Great work Bobby! :clap:

orchidlover6
03-09-2002, 11:00 AM
great work. I love the colors in the second image and think it's my favorite. It really shows the kids at play. Wonderful job.

ZOTMA
03-09-2002, 04:55 PM
gave us a lot to enjoy there with the three versions
the first one is engaging for all the hatching, activity of the line
the second one is marvelous for all the color, great variation
the last has incredible depth
much to learn fiddling around with variations like that
much to learn seeing them outcome
thanks and great work

artdudette
03-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Bobby, I love seeing how you take the sketch and make it into a watercolor, that's really amazing. Your architecture is perfect, and I love the middle work the best. The colors are so vibrant you can almost feel the heat baking of the really light areas!

vereee beeeeeautiful!

________
artdudette

Rod
03-09-2002, 05:38 PM
It's all been said, they are all wonderful, great depth, vibrant colours and warmth,

Rod

Lady Grey
03-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Hmm - I like the first one best :p Your lines are so subtle. BTW - your new Igor-tinyhead rules :D
Lady Grey

onefromheaven
03-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Wow, Baquitania:clap: These are wonderful! It's hard to pick a favorite but if I had to, it would the watercolor. You are very versatile, being able to do so much in so little time.:)

digistyle
03-12-2002, 06:48 PM
The watercolor looks like you were sketching with you brushes. It's so relaxed. Coolness!

digistyle

TeAnne
03-12-2002, 06:56 PM
WOW all that work you did. I like it all. :) And enjoying everyones interpretations. WOW