PDA

View Full Version : FND-Caron

Caron
03-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Even though I picked them, I had a tough time deciding! Went with the reflection of the boy..
about...8x10 on brown textured paper with HB, charcoal, white chinese and WC pencil....hope to finish it up later..oh, 2 hours...

Yielding
03-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Hi Caron

Very nice - I really like how you handled the mirror/reflection.

Yielding

sundiver
03-08-2002, 10:30 PM
beautiful! :clap: :clap: :clap:

AriadneArts
03-08-2002, 10:36 PM
Caron, this is just great! Be sure and post it when it's finished. And hey, great night tonight. Thanks so much for hosting. :clap: :clap: :clap:

artdudette
03-08-2002, 10:39 PM
Caron,

This is really wonderful! I love the light touch with his features, and the hands are great too.

Really awesome pics! Thank you very much for hosting!

________
artdudette:cool:

auntie_chaos
03-08-2002, 10:54 PM
Love the reflections you've done in this one Caron! And the coloring you've done also - wonderful!!
Great draw-night you've held Caron ... loved the selection of reference photos you had!

Surfinia
03-08-2002, 11:56 PM
Well done - this one was a favorite I think.

Thanks for the great night. Such good reference photos. I had a hard time deciding which one to draw for tonight, but plan to get to some others later on in the week.

CathyD
03-09-2002, 12:42 AM
Caron :clap: :clap: :clap:
Great drawing, great hosting! My session was interrupted and I will finish and post tomorrow. Thanks so much for putting this together!
Cathy

CathyD
03-09-2002, 12:44 AM
Oh by the way this is the first time I have participated, and it was because you were hosting, my friend! Thanks, I think I'm addicted... it's like participating in an art class... I love it!
Cathy

impetuous
03-09-2002, 05:04 AM
wow! this is lovely caron, you've captured him to a t. he looks so fed up ...as though he should be crossing all his fingers and toes to make the rain stop.
great pictures this week btw:)

Irina
03-09-2002, 05:17 AM
Caron, fantastic!:clap: You really mánaged to capture him and the atmosphere. (It's a pity I couldn't be there with you guys, seems like you had a great time with great pictures.)

IrinA

tuatara
03-09-2002, 05:49 AM
Really great work, Caron. Thanks for hosting the drawing event today I had a lot of trouble deciding which to do. I think you have handled this in a very economical way although it has the feel of the original. I'm impressed!!

Pam:)

Caron
03-09-2002, 12:18 PM
tuarara-thank you and your welcome! I too had trouble choosing which to do even though I picked them! Kinda wanted to do them all! But this one really stuck out(and obviously with others too since it was so popular!) It was the light on his hands that really attracted me to it. It was so insense and illuminating!!
-C
Irina- thank you!!! Well, I hope you can do something during the week and post. I would love to see it!!
-C
imp-I was surprised to see you didnt make it. Hope it wasnt the time frame thing....but would love to see you do one. Im always so thrilled to see what you do! Thanks for you kind comments:)
-C
Cathy-I was glad to see you joined in! I hope this is a sign that you will continue...it is very much like an art class isnt it? It is so exciting to see the different variations that come out of the same images! I really liked yours btw. Im really happy that you found it enjoyable:D
-C
Surfina-it was popular!! I was hoping that some members would give it a shot-it was so cute but Im amazed at how many brave souls we have!! Your very welcome for the images and Im glad it appears to be a success!
-C
Auntie and Artdudette-Im so glad you joined in! It is a fun night and a learning experience I think for us all! It really was rather fun hostin and hopefully will do it again. I really liked seeing what you did with the images. Thank you both for your warm compliments!
-C
Ariad-I hope to finish it! Thank you for complimenting it! Kinda wish I had chosen a different colour for my paper but have never done skintones before so thought the paper would do the job for me! Now is that cheating or what! And Im also glad that you liked my choice of pics!!
-C
Sundiver and Yielding-thank you for your comments! Im really happy with all of you for doing such tremendous work with these images!!

Rod
03-09-2002, 03:52 PM
Great work, lovely captivating atmosphere, love to see when finished,

Rod

orchidlover6
03-09-2002, 04:04 PM
I love the way the hands meet. It looks like something kinetic or spiritual is happening. Wonderful work. And thanks for hosting this weeks Draw.

ZOTMA
03-09-2002, 04:24 PM
nice choices you presented for the draw
the image you chose was a good one, challenging
nice job on the colors and highlights
I especially like the hand
well done

baquitania
03-09-2002, 05:50 PM
Congratulations Caron!!! You did so well as the host... Great varitey of images, fun theme, challenging and you even chatted!

I like the glowing effect in the hand of your piece, makes me wanna say, "Come back ET, look... I can do it too!" But seriously, thank you for hosting, and I will certainly take you up on your offer to come back in May! Wow we are booked huh?

Bobby :D

Lady Grey
03-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Wow, Caron - you surely cherished the child within you this time :clap:
Lady Grey

Lulu
03-11-2002, 02:23 AM
Beautiful work Caron - brought a smile to my face:)

Mae
03-11-2002, 09:41 AM
love your choice of paper caron and the soft linework..you've really captured" the look" of the boy ..thanks for hosting too!

busy91
03-11-2002, 10:15 AM
It looks great so far. The brown paper gives it a nice look.

pencils4me
03-11-2002, 11:10 AM
nice pics to choose from Caron! I had a really hard time deciding!

Your rending of this is very nice, and the brown paper works!

Please post the finished one

TJ

Pedro
03-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Good Drawing Perhaps He Has Seen Harry Potter:evil:

digistyle
03-12-2002, 05:31 PM
Caron,

Here's a late thanks for hosting and picking the challenging selections. Didn't have much time to comment over the last couple of days but I managed to look at everyone's work. I think you did a good job on this piece. Lots of atmosphere.

digistyle

TeAnne
03-12-2002, 07:17 PM
I know I commented on this one before. But I love the hands area :D