PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of VendorPro.com???

Dot Hoffman
06-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I got an email today, not from my website account but referring to my website, that this company wants to represent me. :confused: Has anyone heard of them and what do you know about them?

Thanks,

Tressa
06-13-2006, 07:16 PM
LOL, I just got the same e-mail!! I went out of my e-mail and went to their addy, and it looks like a marketing firm. Their website looks pretty impressive, BUT, who knows?? I sent a message back, stating if they wanted to give me contact info, I would "talk" with them. It is a fee based company at $340 per year, which is not bad IF they are legit...I will be doing some more research, as they list a LOT of companies as clients that we all recognize..
Tres

Bringer
06-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Well....then contact those companies....

Regards,

Josť

P.S. can you pay that money at the end of the year, just for the first time ?
after all they need you.

Orchidacea
06-13-2006, 07:58 PM
I got the same email. I didn't get a good feeling from their website.

Tressa
06-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I told my husband, they are doing one of two things!!
Cruising the net for clients or PREY!! :evil:
Tres

Susan Borgas
06-14-2006, 05:46 AM
I received the same email ........ had a look then thought I didn't want to risk it then deleted the email. Makes me wonder if they have been cruising WetCanvas for websites of artist. Not that I have an issue with that. :)

MarshaSavage
06-14-2006, 07:22 AM
I felt the same as you guys -- what is this? I have received two different e-mails in about two weeks. I feel they are making more money on representing the artists than on selling anything for the artists. But . . . I could be wrong.

Dot Hoffman
06-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Interesting!!!
What I can't figure out is that it came to my regular email address, not my web site address, and how in the world did they get my regular address when it's not referred to anywhere in public that I can think of???? And then refer to my website!!!??? There is no link between the two that I'm aware of. Spooky:eek: The whole thing doesn't "smell good" to me.

MarshaSavage
06-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Dot,
It is spooky! They even referred to a particular painting of mine they liked. But, I still feel like it is more a "vanity" thing rather than a real "rep" type of relationship. But, that is just my take on this.

Dot Hoffman
06-15-2006, 10:03 AM
My experience was the same. After reading responses here, I just deleted their email. Besides, I'm not interested in spending $$ on an unknown entity. :)

Shari
06-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Interesting!!!
What I can't figure out is that it came to my regular email address, not my web site address, and how in the world did they get my regular address when it's not referred to anywhere in public that I can think of???? And then refer to my website!!!??? There is no link between the two that I'm aware of. Spooky:eek: The whole thing doesn't "smell good" to me.

Everyone who has an address printed in a phone book or other publication, is available on the internet to anybody. You can look up any address and phone number for free on zabasearch.com and there are many other sites for this as well. In fact, there is no privacy anymore, that's pretty much a myth now.

Dot Hoffman
06-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Everyone who has an address printed in a phone book or other publication, is available on the internet to anybody. You can look up any address and phone number for free on zabasearch.com and there are many other sites for this as well. In fact, there is no privacy anymore, that's pretty much a myth now.

Hi Shari,
I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been. When I said "regular address" I meant my primary email address which is not published (not my physical address), and which has no reference on my website. I can't figure out how they got that main "primary" email address issued by my ISP, when the address on the website is attached to the website and is NOT through my ISP, but through another vendor. That's what I found to be creepy. I could understand it if they sent me an email by going to "contact info" while surfing through the website; others have done that. But they didn't. Instead they sent me an email to my ISP email address telling me they had surfed my website. How could they find my ISP email address??? Somebody knows something I don't know :confused:

Susan Borgas
06-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Madster has posted some info about this Vendor Pro mob, it is worth reading.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354615

Pat Isaac
06-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks, Susan for this great info. I, too, have received 2 emails from them over the past few months and also referring to a specific painting. I usually just delete stuff like that because it just sounds like a marketing ploy, where they make money.

Pat

MarshaSavage
06-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I just received my 3rd e-mail from them. They also refer to a specific painting each time -- but a different one each time.

Tressa
06-25-2006, 05:52 PM
If you google them, you will find some interesting reading...also I looked them up with the BBB and they have a pretty high average of complaints for not backing up their "promises"....I did receive an e-mail from a person Deborah Murray, with a phone contact, and this is how I found them with the BBB...
Tres