PDA

View Full Version : FND - 08Mar02

auntie_chaos
03-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Now don't laugh everyone ... this is my first try at the drawings. I sketched this and colored it in colored pencils as far as I could ... couldn't find all Nykki's pencils. I then took it into Paintshop Pro and finished up the coloring then took it into Photoshop to do the lighting effects ... to cover up the fact that it's not even half done. :evil: :) Also tried to do the eye but still have a ton of work to do on it to make it look like an eye. :evil: :D Had fun anyways.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2002/fnd-baloon.jpg

strawberry
03-08-2002, 10:11 PM
Very dramatic. Great lighting.

auntie_chaos
03-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Thanks strawberry. I think I'm going to try to finish it off tomorrow and try to see what I can do about getting the lines done right ... I got mixed up as I went up the balloon. (that's what happens when I get sidetracked by people and dogs in my household - I need all my braincells working on the same thing when doing things like this) :)

Surfinia
03-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Nice and crisp. I like the effects you've done with it.

diane555
03-08-2002, 11:40 PM
This is wonderful! It looks very much like a stained glass window! Great job.

Di :)

Thom Byrd
03-09-2002, 12:08 AM
Ditto:cool: what diane said*if she had not said it I was about to*
it does look like stained glass*

tuatara
03-09-2002, 06:28 AM
This balloon is just bursting forth from the page. I can feel the tension in the bindings. Well done however it was!!:D

Pam:)

Caron
03-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Auntie!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: ..for coming out and doing an amazing job!!! I love it! Does this mean you will join in from now on? PPLLLEEAASSEE!!! I love the darks you put around the balloon-great thinking-very creative! It really pulls the brightness and colours so intensely forward...you are amazing girl!

AriadneArts
03-09-2002, 11:45 AM
Very nice, Auntie! I really like how you put the focus on the very front of the balloon and left the rest in shadow. And the light reflection on the right side of the balloon makes my eye keep trying to look around it to the back side--really gave it that 3D depth. Good job!

reynolds
03-09-2002, 12:45 PM
auntie, i am completely absolutley fantasticly impressed...in case there was any doubt you are an artist, madame.:clap:

auntie_chaos
03-09-2002, 01:54 PM
Oh thank you all so much for boosting my ego! :) :D
I had fun doing this and yes, Caron, I plan on joining in each week now even if I can't make it at the actual time of the draw.
Maybe I may become an artist afterall - thanx Reynolds for the confidence in me. :) :evil:
I kinda liked the lighting I ended up with too ... was actually started to cover up the fact that I didn't get much done on it. :)
Thanks again everyone for your kind comments. :)

orchidlover6
03-09-2002, 04:11 PM
this is very dramatic auntie. Love the way it looks. It gives it a whole different feel. Very good.

ZOTMA
03-09-2002, 04:17 PM
I like it in its present state;
vibrant and in a state of construction
it's got a bit of everything, line, color, form, depth, light
interesting unfinished and smashing if you go on I'm sure

artdudette
03-09-2002, 04:24 PM
auntie_chaos, there's nothing to laugh at here, this is what I thought was the most difficult image Caron posted. I love the way you got the geometrics perfect, and yet they really also do look like they are bulging at the seams and full of air!

The detail at the base of the balloon is very nice too.

Bravo madame!

:clap: :clap:

BlackTigr
03-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Stained-glass balloon, but how does it fly...?

Terrific job.

--BT

racin-jason
03-10-2002, 05:47 AM
Well - win, lose, place or show - this is a wonderful and skilled entry into hand-rendered art. Actually one of the worst program manufactures I know uses a balloon as their Logo, and I like theirs a heck of a lot less than I like yours - in fact - there's no contest, yours is a hands-down winner in my books Auntie, but then, I'm prejudiced - cause I love everything you do.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rod
03-10-2002, 06:07 AM
Terrific Auntie,

Bold colours with great shading ,
the balloon pops right out at the viewer,

Rod.

TeAnne
03-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Me like this Auntie :D

Lulu
03-11-2002, 03:01 AM
Wow! Well done Auntie! I got quite excited when I saw your name beside the FND post :clap: :clap: :clap:

auntie_chaos
03-11-2002, 09:05 AM
Thankyou all for your kind comments. Now I can't wait for the next draw!! It wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be. :)

busy91
03-11-2002, 10:25 AM
This is so nice. It is dramatic like the other say. Nice approach. :clap: