PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Hobbler...

digistyle
06-10-2006, 10:36 AM
...and his faithful companion, Roy.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jun-2006/1629-hobbler.jpg

Hi, all!

I managed to twist my knee last month (I don't recommend doing it!!). Limited my mobility pretty good. The Hobbler character came out of all the "hobbling" remarks that I was getting.

The swelling is almost gone and now it mostly aches instead of the earlier pain. The doctor has me doing exercises to strengthen the tendon.

Been sketching on paper as it was more comfortable than sitting in front of the computer for long periods of time. I even played with the watercolors a bit. The Roy character came from a doodle session in my drawing tablet.

This sketch is the closest thing to a full digital painting that I've done in last couple of weeks.

Jin
06-10-2006, 11:35 AM
digi,

You have my sincere sympathy/empathy, as I did the same (similar) thing in April and it still hurts!

Sitting in front of the computer is extra bad, especially for long hours at a time. At least I can walk, something that was very hard for the first couple of days. Kinda scary when you live in a two story house with no one to fetch things for you.

I hope your knee will be completely recovered soon and this will just be a memory.

Now for the happy stuff:

Your painting made me laugh. Faithful companion is so cute with his crossed eyes and backward R. He's just what every injured knee owner needs at his (or her) side.

:D

barryt
06-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Nice one Digi.
I can see that knee throbbing.

LadyAlba
06-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Ouch!!! Glad to hear you are on the mend! :wave: I just love these two! :lol:

Annie*M
06-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I hope your knee is on the mend now. I love this fun painting.:)

justjean
06-11-2006, 07:44 AM
ditto on the knee and I love your two fellows :thumbsup:

Chiers
06-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Ouch Digi! Sorry about your knee. Seems once you hurt your knee it is never quite the same. At least, mine never was.

I love these characters! Especially Roy. YOu have lots of imagination.

TxAggieDarlin
06-13-2006, 10:03 AM
This is what you call turning lemons into lemonaide.....what a wonderful picture and it expresses everything so well...great work

digistyle
06-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks, folks! I appreciate the commiseration and support.