PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the clay forum!

rosebead
06-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Hello and welcome to the WC clay forum.
Its been talked about for along time and now its finally here. I am very excited to be a part of this. We are going to be covering ceramics, polymer, silver cly and paperclay here - so its going to be a very inclusive forum where we can learn from many mediums.
If you have any ideas or suggestions for this forum- please lets hear them. This forum is for YOU! :D

!Karen
06-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Let me welcome everyone also, and say how fun and exciting it's going to be orgainzing this new forum with Diane, meeting all the talented members, and viewing the beautiful pieces made from these mediums.

Can't wait to get started!!

Karen :wave:

ejralph
06-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Well I am all in favour of a clay forum.

I occasionally work in ceramic clay and work a great deal in polymer ( I have published two books on using polymer clay and often use it to make my art beads alongside the glass)
Check my website for my polymer galleries!

Good luck with it all

Emma

KetchikanSculptor
06-10-2006, 02:15 PM
So happy that this is here now! I love WC and wanted to stick to it rather then searching for another forum to hang out on. I just feel that showing chatting and sharing should be done here where the people are real and the folks that have it all together have put up this artist community for us all.

Thank you everyone that made it possible!!!

paintfool
06-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Thank you !Karen and rosebead, for accepting the job of moderating this new forum! I have no doubt that there will be a lot of exciting things to learn from our clay artists. :)

Welcome evryone!

Rose Queen
06-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Yay for Clay!!! :clap:

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

Jaya84
06-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Hello, i have just started working with polymer clay and i love it!!!im thinking about starting with art clay silver, how exciting, cant wait to see what others do with it!!!

richsantaclaus
06-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Finally!!!!! Woo, woo!!!

I have made a special folder in my favorites for the clay forum - thanks for all the hard work it took getting it to exist!

Rich

NYCindy
06-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Congratulations on setting up this new forum!:clap: I'm sure it will be awesome! :thumbsup:

Patricia'sglass
06-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Now we have to take pics to post.:D

gbot
06-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Thank you for starting this forum!!!! I work with polymer and want to try my hand @ silver clay. I have gleaned much information from other artist on another forum here on WC. Can't wait to start learning here!!!

Gladys

2 Toucans
06-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks! I luv my polymer clay. :clap: I have several pics I can post too.
Can't wait for this forum to get going....:thumbsup:
Lorraine

gladysharon
06-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for starting this clay forum...it will be very beneficial for all budding artists for reference. :thumbsup:

beadyeyedgirls
06-11-2006, 02:46 PM
so cool! very happy to see this new forum!!:clap:

MsLilypond
06-11-2006, 02:47 PM
This is wonderful, a little more motivation to get some stuff done!

vmrs
06-11-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm glad to see this. I started ceramics yesterday actually! Al i've made so far are two platters and two mugs, if those survive firing then I'll post them, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'm going to be taking some pottery classes too.

beautifulfreak
06-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Yippee! The timing couldn't be better. I'm teaching a 2 adult classes in unglazed terra cotta starting at the beginning of july, a beginners handbuilding class and an intermediate more student directed class in surface textures. I'm a stoneware kinda girl myself but not possible to know the condition of the mistreated kiln that I have been provided at the school so I opted to go low fire until i can assess the kiln. I might have kiln questions, hope someone is around to answer them.

redtreestudio
06-12-2006, 08:18 AM
YAY!!! Home at last!!! :)

Some place where those of us who love to "play in the mud" don't have to wash our hands and take off our shoes just to wake in the door!!! :D :D

Hello to All...:wave:

jaydiva
06-12-2006, 09:37 AM
YAY for CLAY from me too :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

rosebead
06-12-2006, 10:03 AM
YAY!!! Home at last!!! :)

Some place where those of us who love to "play in the mud" don't have to wash our hands and take off our shoes just to wake in the door!!! :D :D

Hello to All...:wave:
Yeh! you don't have to wash up to be here!:D

cmg_art
06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm so excited there is finally a clay forum!!!!!! Yayyyy, skipping around the room.

I work with stoneware and porcelain and fire to cone 6 in an electric kiln. I've been firing at the Denver Art Student's League, but am now starting a home based studio. I also like to dabble with pmc.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here!

rue d'oak
06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi Everyone,
I've been active over the the watercolor forum for the past year...
Doug, one of the moderators there, just told me that this was beginning. YEA!!!! Working with polymer has been one of my passions for many years, and like others of you, I am delighted to find co-conspirators and coherts here at WC.

I posted a WIP mask project recently over in mixed media - hmm, I should repost it here!:clap:

Look forward to seeing all of your work.
Jen

jaydiva
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi Jen :wave:

Please do post your mask project!!!

valeriebeads
06-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Glad one is finally here on WC! I usually lurk in the pastel and pen and ink forums, but now I have another to check out. :-D Very cool!

Valerie

cyber_holic
06-14-2006, 11:56 AM
WOOHOO! Clay! :clap:

Oeillade
06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh, balls, I've done it backwards... should have come on this thread first. Nemmind. Hope everybody's well.

Thank you very much to the moderators & everyone else involved for getting this channel going. Too, I'm looking forward to seeing the polymer clay pix as I have no idea what polymer is.

BF, I don't fire kilns myself but I know a master potter very well (my college tutor) and my boyfriend's an electrical engineer, so if you do have questions no one else can answer I'll pass them on for you.

:clap: :clap:
Marni
:cat:

gbot
06-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Happy that there is a Clay Forum on WetCanvas now. I have to take some pictures so that I can share.

Gladys

Nickel
06-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Just want to say hi! I am a big lover of clay. You can call me a collector or clay fan, lol, I never made anything other than once I fixed a broken leg on my Christmas Donkey, but I do love to see all your work! This is a great new forum! :wave: Nickel

WhiteHotGlassWorks
08-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Wow.....a place for clay ! ! ! The place I have been going for open studio pottery is closing...........and I am not ready to give it up yet. The studio did high fire and some low fire. I just going to have to get the old kiln out of storage and go for it myself. Low fire that is. The thing I like best is making tools for the medium that I am using. When the glass forum started we were making our own tools from the kitchen and anywhere else we could find them. Funny how things go...........now I make tools for the hand building clay that I am having fun with. If I can get good pics of the pottery I will post them..........that is if I can remember how to post a pic ! ! ! So....it was great fun seeing a clay forum..........I do so like WC.

Bobby

rosebead
08-12-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm so glad to see so many people discovering our new clay forum :)
Welcome to all of you :wave:
Hope to see you here often.