PDA

View Full Version : Ambigram WIP

Merry Scribe
06-07-2006, 04:11 PM
This is the begining of the ambigram commision that I am working on.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2006/75646-100_0016.jpg

This is the left side of the ambigram the next step is to turn the templet that I made on graff paper over and do the right side of the ambigram. The ambigram is going to say T. Jones.

The right side was done next and this is how it looks all together.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2006/75646-100_0018.jpg

Now I am going to paint the left side gold and the right side silver so my client can pick the color she wants and the paper she wants. She already told me that she wants it on an earth tone paper and I have several kinds of earth tone paper.

It anyone has any ideas I am very open to suggestions.

Brian

Merry Scribe
06-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Here is my draft in multicolor so the client can let me know what color they want and what paper they want it done on.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2006/75646-100_0019.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2006/75646-100_0020.jpg

These are the two colors of paper that I am going to suggest to her.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2006/75646-100_0021.jpg

Like I said before if anyone has any ideas I am open to them.

Brian:wave: :D

TessDB
06-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Looks cool, Brian!

Personally, I prefer the reddish/rust colored paper... Too much happening with the other.

Tiny little suggestion, and it may be too late... My eye wants to make the lettering thicker, bolder... not sure if you can do it without losing the ambigram, though.

Having fun watching this one!
Tess

Merry Scribe
06-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Looks cool, Brian!

Personally, I prefer the reddish/rust colored paper... Too much happening with the other.

Tiny little suggestion, and it may be too late... My eye wants to make the lettering thicker, bolder... not sure if you can do it without losing the ambigram, though.

Having fun watching this one!
Tess

Tess I thought the samething but I don't know I am going to give it a try and see what happens. If I loose the ambigram well I can always go back and make it thinner.

TessDB
06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Show what happens!

Tess

CPM
06-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Brian, This is really cool. I like this ambigram thing. I think the darker paper is too dark. Definately not an Earth tone. Thanks for the WIP. - Chris

Merry Scribe
06-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Hello again friends and neighbors the customer loves the ambigram and she wants it tri-color as the sample. She called me today and she wants me to mat and frame it. With my time and effort and the cost of matterials I am looking at at a $135.00 and that is with out the glass in the frame. With the glass I do not know what it will come to.

My question is is $135.00 to much to ask for here? Please advice me and give me suggestions Please.

I have to call the customer Thursday so set up a meeting to disguess the total price and exactly what she wants done.

CPM
06-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Brian, Hopefully, the pros will chime in. I personally don't think that is too much if it is matted. You have to figure that it is an original, several hours of work, and Paper, Ink, and Mat cost. - Chris

Merry Scribe
06-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Update friends and neighbors I spoke with the customer today and she decided that she wants it done just as I have it now. She like the tri-color and it will be on a 9x9 inch vellium opac with a black background with black 2 inch matting. All in a marroon frame which I am building and I am also making the matting. I will show every one step by step what it looks like. Because she wants a smaller version I am charging her $100. All the matterials for this project have cost me $35 so I am making $65 on the project. I don't think this is to much to ask for I hope. She has agreed to the price. What are your oppions did I ask to much or to little?

TessDB
06-16-2006, 10:19 AM
That sounds like a fair price to me. Of course, I've yet to actually *sell* anything, so take it for what it's worth. :D

Hope you'll post the final thing, frame & all!

Tess

Merry Scribe
06-16-2006, 02:33 PM
That sounds like a fair price to me. Of course, I've yet to actually *sell* anything, so take it for what it's worth. :D

Hope you'll post the final thing, frame & all!

Tess

I plan to Tess that is if Annie makes it back from San Antonio before I have to give it to the customer. She and her sisters went there for thier family reunion. And she has the digital camera. I am hoping she will be home Tuesday night. I have been bacheloring it since the 11th and I tell you what I don't like it.

TessDB
06-17-2006, 08:03 AM
I am hoping she will be home Tuesday night. I have been bacheloring it since the 11th and I tell you what I don't like it.

Then give her a proper welcome home! Us chicks really *love* walking in & finding the house is in better shape than when we left! Friend of mine's husband always trashes the place. He claims he's showing her how much he loves & needs her. *She* thinks he's a lazy @$*& who doesn't need a wife, he needs a mommy. :lol: So happy reunions don't really happen in her house... :rolleyes:

Hope to see the final product!
Tess

Merry Scribe
06-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Then give her a proper welcome home! Us chicks really *love* walking in & finding the house is in better shape than when we left! Friend of mine's husband always trashes the place. He claims he's showing her how much he loves & needs her. *She* thinks he's a lazy @$*& who doesn't need a wife, he needs a mommy. :lol: So happy reunions don't really happen in her house... :rolleyes:

Hope to see the final product!
Tess

Tess Annie is the bread winner and I am the house keeper so the house will be clean and I never trash the house because I am the one who has to clean it up. :lol: :lol: I love being a house husband it isn't that I don't want to work out side the house I cann't because of my injuries. I do the best I can and that is why I am trying to better my calligraphy skills and sell some of my work. I am hoping that this commission will get me more work. We could use the money.

We do alright but a little extra never hurts. I am still fighting with the VA and now Social Security and that is a full time job in its self.

I will post the final product before I give it to the customer.

TessDB
06-18-2006, 07:14 AM
I love being a house husband

Then that's the important part.

Tess