PDA

View Full Version : Advice for cleaning up wc

Eruname
06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't know how she did it, but my cat managed to get onto my palette and somehow got her back feet into some Hooker's Green and yellow ochre. I know she has licked at her feet and I'm wondering if these M. Graham colors are toxic?

I now have little dark green and yellow spots on a part of my floor. This is of course straight paint that has gotten on the floor. The Hooker's Green seems to stain as my cat's foot still is green...and this is after washing her feet off (and getting a small gash on the ear as payback). I'm not sure how to go about cleaning this off the carpet as putting water to it is going to make the color spread.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

laudesan
06-02-2006, 09:28 AM
It was through my cat Zoe that I got to know Diana and Art Graham.

Lovely - lovely people!!! :clap:

Graham paints are not toxic Diana assures me..

Email her [email protected] and ask her how to get the paint out of the carpet.

I do know Graham paints are staining.

I use them myself and the Burnt Sienna Zoe put on the polished timber floors had to be sanded out..;) ([email protected])

Jenoir
06-02-2006, 09:36 AM
We've used Prosolve and Oxy Carpet Cleaner I think the latter is a 3M product and they have worked really well on a lot of hard to remove stains, not sure about paint, but it's worth a try. Or I think JJ advice might be the best way to go, by contacting Graham. Good luck!

Eruname
06-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks JJ. Good to know they aren't toxic. I wanted to be sure my cat Holly would be okay.

Looks like her foot is going to be green for a while. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Eruname_Tinuviel/Smileys/rolleye09.gif

As I tried to at least get off what I could with a paper towel, I realized that there really wasn't anyway I was going to be able to clean the paint off the carpet without making it even worse. Luckily they were only tiny splotches on the floor so I went at the carpet with a pair of small, sharp scissors. The spots got a trim and then I had to blend the cutting out so as not to make it too obvious.

I'm so mad at Holly right now.:mad: I don't have any clue how she managed to get her hind feet in the little wells on my palette..it's hard to explain the positioning and all that, but it seems like it was a difficult thing to do.

And now she's begging to be fed. Guess who doesn't want to feed her her cat food treats after she made this mess and ripped my ear?!

Jenoir - Oxy Carpet Cleaner is a good idea. There's a slight bit of green tinge left in a few spots so I may give that a shot.

laudesan
06-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Just like Zoe, I have no idea how she did it either. Kitties hey. :D

ameliajordan
06-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Years ago I had just finished a quilt and my nieghbors had retarred their roof - these were attached 1890 houses. Well the darn cat went out the window, walked in the tar, and then on the quilt. I can state that nothing will take tar out of a quilt. Didn't seem to hurt the cat.....