PDA

View Full Version : Making peace with Painter 9.5

Elainepsq
06-02-2006, 03:56 AM
I've loaded CS and Painter 9.5 on my computer. I was not sure about painter, but after a little playing around, I think I'll be okay.
My very first piece in Painter 9.5, some parrot tulips, loosely drawn, mostly colored pencils.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2006/42008-parrot-Tulips_opt.jpg

Chiers
06-02-2006, 04:07 AM
Your flowers are great Elaine. Loose and clean. I like them. I have never used CS but think once you get used to the new painter you will just lvoe it.

Yako
06-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Like this type of pieces that mix paint and drawing, beatiful parrot tulips.
What is CS?

maria_khurram
06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
So sweet. Love the colors.

LadyAlba
06-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Just lovely! ;o)

kennychaffin
06-02-2006, 09:43 AM
WOnderful! Particularly for the first time!

KAC

JCoop
06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Elaine, I happy to see you two playing nice.:)

TWTom
06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
re: making peace with Painter...John Lennon urged us many years ago, "All we are saying is give peace a chance..." You've responded nicely here to him.

Painter is kind of that charming, sometimes frustrating lover we all dated at least once or twice in our lives. Oh we'd get upset when she (or he) wouldn't act the way we wanted, and we swore when we wanted her to do one thing, she'd go and do the opposite thing just to spite us. But oh that lover brought out good things in us, and all in all made us happy, so we kept hanging around with her.

Wow, colored pencils are tough on Painter in my opinion, so I applaud your first effort. I tend to avoid their quirks (IMHO) and if I want to do colored pencils, I go into the regular pencils folder, and just use the "cover pencil" with different palette colors.

I like the illusion of depth you've set up with the blender tool (I assume) and the sharper lines to the front. Though there are just a few colors, I think you've mixed them well.

What was most difficult for you? What was easiest? It's been too many years since I tried Painter for the first time, so I'm interested in what it's like for some booting it up for the first time.

Can't wait to see more of your explorations with Painter. I'm still hanging out with that ol' digital lover and she and I aren't breaking up anytime soon.

justjean
06-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Elaine your flower is wonderful :thumbsup: and it looks like you have made peace :D

Annie*M
06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
As this is your first attempt Elaine, I think we are in for some terrific work. Your parrot tulips are beautiful.:clap:

TxAggieDarlin
06-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Once you get used to it, I would be surprised if you dont fall in love w/ Painter.....This is a great start!!!

Elainepsq
06-04-2006, 10:41 PM
thank you all for your encouragement. I did not mention, that I have used painter, I was still using painter4, an old, old copy that still needed MAC classic to run. I purchased the entire Creative Suite (CS) for a freelance job. I've been doing for years without Acrobat, and with my old, quark 4, that it is just very exciting to get new software- of course then I needed ram too- so I'm running a 1Gig dual processor (G4) with 1gig of ram!