PDA

View Full Version : Help

Merry Scribe
06-01-2006, 09:43 PM
I have a question to ask my family here being that this is the first commission that I have been given. This evening my wife said that I have a meeting with my new client to disguess the project. My question to you all is should I dress in a suit and tie or is casual dress all right please advise me because I have no Idea. I have never done this before.

Brian:wave: :D

DBSullivan
06-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Brian, I always go "as is".. usually in jeans and a t-shirt. Just wear what you normally wear.. what you're comfortable in. I wouldn't wear a suit, that's for sure!.. they're hiring an artist, not an accountant. Folks usually expect you to look like an artist! ;)

valchina612
06-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Hi Brian,

Dave has given you perfect advice -- you can't go wrong by going neat and tidy, but clothes you are totally comfortable in. Good Luck!!!!

Val. :wave:

TessDB
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
So???? How'd it go???? What's the project???

Inquiring minds want to know. :D
Tess

Merry Scribe
06-02-2006, 09:33 AM
So???? How'd it go???? What's the project???

Inquiring minds want to know. :D
Tess

Tess I meet with the client on Monday and when I get home I will let everyone know what it is and I will make it a WIP.

Brian:wave: :D

CPM
06-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Way to go Brian! If you tell an actor to "break a leg" what do you tell a calligrapher ... "break a nib"?? -Chris

Merry Scribe
06-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Way to go Brian! If you tell an actor to "break a leg" what do you tell a calligrapher ... "break a nib"?? -Chris

:lol: :lol: :lol: Chris thank you and I have broken more nib than I care to remember many thanks.

Brian

Merry Scribe
06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Many thanks to you all I know I will do good and my be this will be the starting point of my profession career.

Brian:wave: :D :D :D

celticrichard
06-03-2006, 03:46 AM
oh,maybe this can help me with my future celtic knots projects,that reminds me,i must repeat my celtic fantasy myths.sorry for the last but i want to improve.