PDA

View Full Version : "City Heat"

reelart4u
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Hello Everyone:wave: Here's a painting I did in college entitled: "City Heat", a surrealism of Chicago in the summertime. C&C welcome. 24" ([email protected]) x 20"http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2006/83452-P1310013.JPG

dlake
06-01-2006, 09:41 PM
that is chicago. You have the energy of the city going. One thing I'd do is either do a little purple mixed in with the blue of the sky to make it dusk or use some white. The values are just a touch too close. So, either lighten or darken. But, with the energy of the city going there, I'd lighten it up.
I love this however. Being an hour out of Chicago, I well feel the coolness, the business, and that incredible energy in your painting that the city has. That certain atmosphere.

firebrush
06-01-2006, 10:53 PM
The whimsical strokes for the buildings and windows reminds me of Paul Klee, whom I really like. This is a fun piece. :cool:

Sam_I_Am
06-02-2006, 01:16 AM
I really like this :) The one thing I might like to see is more shadow to help give the buildings a little more dimension and separate them from eachother. Nothing terribly dark, but just enough to add some contrast :)

Good job, though. I really love the loose style of this one :)