PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Wednesday, May 31, 2006 ****

Christie
05-31-2006, 12:39 AM
Morning All!

Just about to go to bed, but thought I would give the Wash a start first.

It is my day with the twins tomorrow and then I need to stop at the library and get some books and return some DVDs. Hope it is quieter tomorrow than it was today.:)

Take care.

Lulu
05-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Hi Christie! Have a good sleep, and a lovely day with the twins tomorrow:)

'Nother great day in Kiwiland, at least where we live. Sunny and 17C here today. Gardening, painting, mowed the lawn, town to post paintings and home again!
Didn't get to the gym, going for a big hike tomorrow so saved myself for that lol
Have now lit the wood burner, off now to feed the hungry:wave:

butterfly.art
05-31-2006, 02:27 AM
Morning/'night Christie and Lulu

It's 10 a.m. here and 99F, 60% humidity. Not too pleasant outside for me:(
I will be flying to UK on Sat/Sun 12.30 a.m. I hope to be back in Ilkley by 10.30 a.m. uk time. Hope the weather there picks up a bit!

Better get started on getting stuff together for my long trip and putting all my painting things away here. My DH is planning on getting the house painted while I am away, and I don't want anyone near my painting things!!!

BBL

Tricia

rue d'oak
05-31-2006, 02:32 AM
Hi Lulu! Hi Christie!

Rarely do I get to the Wash this early in the game! Waiting for my camera battery to charge enough to take a few shots of my mask to post. So dropped by to see if there was any action...:p

Any one has recent news of Jeff, Darla's friend's son?

Tomorrow I SHOULD get to the nursery for plants for my boxes outside. Been procrastinating for weeks. And I SHOULD catch up on some admin work...bleah. But of course I will probably PAINT instead! :evil:

Be well...hello to you all!
Jen

plec
05-31-2006, 02:43 AM
Hi, and a very good morning , Christie, Lulu, Tricia and Jen. looks like it's going to be a nice day here blue sky and no clouds.
Best wishes, Ken..

sweetapplez
05-31-2006, 03:01 AM
Hi Tricia, Jen and Ken. Tricia, Do you have family in the UK that you stay with?

Jen, It is a treat to get into the wash this early.
Trish

rue d'oak
05-31-2006, 03:05 AM
oh I fogot to say --- Char, when ever you drop by...the English Muffin Loaf is TERRIFIC. Made it yesterday. Nearly all gone. Both kids wanted their sandwiches made with it for lunch. THANKS for posting the recipe.

:wave: Trish and Ken
Jen

sweetapplez
05-31-2006, 03:06 AM
Ken, we had a beautiful day here on the west coast of BC. Haven't seen very many this whole month. I shouldn't complain tho as I could not take the extreme heat and humidity the folks in eastern Canada are experiencing. I would just shrivel up and die!
Trish

sweetapplez
05-31-2006, 03:08 AM
Oh, I missed that recipe Will have to go back and find it.
Trish

sweetapplez
05-31-2006, 03:38 AM
Well I'm off to bed soon.

Elaine, Sorry about your Auntie. What a shock for you and your family.

Mike, Congrats on your promotion. More money Eh (for more art stuff, of course!)

Cathie, we'll miss you on our team for the birds. Your quilting venture sounds great. Good luck. Do drop in on the birds when you can.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, inspiring day . See you later. Cheers,

Trish

laudesan
05-31-2006, 03:46 AM
Wrote a huge reply..............

ziiiiiiip gone...................:( :mad:

I am sore and tired and will come back later........

:wave:

Sharon Douglas
05-31-2006, 04:05 AM
Good morning all,

I haven`t been in the wash for the last few days, I`ve been painting up a storm, with the kids.

Tony and I have also been tracking down literary agents, thats been a job and a half...........but, I`ve done my bit, hopefully it`s done to Tony to do the rest now.

Yesterday, I found a 20x30" canvas board in the studio, it`s new, but it had stains on it etc, not in the best condition at all.
I have an idea in my head for a big acr***c, with lots of textures and bright colours etc, so I got some mod roc and covered the canvas board with it.:eek:, when that is dry, I`ll paint on it, but I don`t exactly know what yet???

I went to see my dad on Sunday, he had passed out in the morning and he was having pains in his arm and shoulder, he refused to go to the hospital as usual, but when he spoke to his Dr, he said it was probably an angina attack.

Elaine, I`m so sorry to hear that you lost your aunty, (((((((((((hugs to you)))))))))))

I`m just about to start on a painting of St Micheals Mount (Cornwall) Dougy drew it out months ago then lost his bottle when it came to the painting part, so he has asked me to paint it for him:rolleyes:

He has just bought a BIG stretched canvas, so he can paint the same setting, but different viewpoint, in oils.......I hope he will complete this one, infact I will nag him to complete this one:lol:

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

doubleL
05-31-2006, 04:16 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2006/81323-good_morning_washers_1a.gif

Hi Christie, Lulu, Tricia, Jen, Ken, Trish, JJ and Sharon.

Busy again, hope to be back later on.

:wave: to all yet to come

Llalena

vasilkadifeli
05-31-2006, 04:23 AM
Hi and good morning everyone :wave:

it is the hottest day here this summer so far... the wind blows from the south so it will be 31C and may be more... it will be 33C on Friday...

JJ before you hit the button to post or preview, just right-click on the text and "select all", then right-click once again and "copy"... this is the easiest thing to protect your text... if something goes wrong paste your text in the notepad or somewhere else and wait for the WC! to come back again...

here is some comic strip :

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2006/32140-p1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2006/32140-p2.jpg

HAWLTAIN :grouphug:

jaytee
05-31-2006, 04:44 AM
:lol: Vasil........... now why does that ring bells here :evil:

Jen ... update on Jeff at end of yesterdays wash. Update on Kevin (who needs us) in his thread.

[[[[[Char]]]]] 'cos looking at this site she needs them !!!

Garden Calling :D :wave:

HAWLTAIN

butterfly.art
05-31-2006, 05:42 AM
Hello, back again.

Ken hope the weather is nice next week in Yorkshire!
Llalena, nice graphic as usual. Visit soon.
Jaytee, don't work too hard out there. Photographs? promised?
Vasil :lol: It's much hotter here:(
Sharon it must be nice to have a partner who is also into art.
JJ, hope you are feeling better?
Trish, I have a 2 bedroom flat in UK, as a base for us when we go back.

:wave: to all still to come

Tricia

jaydiva
05-31-2006, 05:54 AM
Good Morning all :wave:

Christie, sleep tight and have a great day with the twins!!

Lulu, have fun on your bike trip but be careful!!!

Jen, Ken, Trish, Sharon, LL, JT :wave:

{{{{{ JJ }}}}} :heart:

Vasil, that's quite hot, we're in for another winter as it looks like.
Hehehe loved the cartoon :lol:

Congratulations Mike, on your new appointment!:clap: :clap:

Truckload of CRS just arrived

I'm also a bit worn out, too much clay lifting and carting around, but well worth it :)

Today I'm gonna take it easy and paint. I'm trying a lilac wash, looks ugly at the moment but hopefully i can beautify it :lol:

JT wish my garden was calling but all i hear are bubbling and blubbering sounds :eek: reminds me of an 'octopusses garden...' :lol:

Tim will be here again tomorrow evening to put his car in the shop on friday :rolleyes: something wrong with the cooling system. He already called the shop were we bought it and they say it's still on warranty :)
That'll save some €€€ :thumbsup:

Gosh, not even noon yet and i have to turn on the light :eek:

:grouphug:

artmom
05-31-2006, 06:05 AM

Bed at 1 a.m.; up at 4. Will sleep later in the morning when DH goes out with DS to deliver a boat from its mooring to a marina to have some work done on it. Should be a nice morning for a boat ride on the lake. :envy:

Watched a good movie last night--a teen movie. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Some beautiful scenery on the island of Santorini in it. Basically, a chic flic. :thumbsup:

Last night was the baseball team's last night in a 10 day stand (I begin to get lonely by the end of it), so DH will be home for a few nights and I won't watch as many movies.:D He does love his baseball.

GD Alex goes to a year-round school; so, she has a week or two left before her five weeks off begins. She loves it; they have nine weeks of school, followed by three weeks off--with the slightly longer period during the summer.
Check it out; it's a cool public school. http://www.ci.maryville.tn.us/fce/index.htm

It is supposed to go to 92 F. today. Yesterday, we hit 93 F., one degree lower than the record 94 F. for May, set in 1941. :eek: If it is 93 F. now, what will it be like in August, when we have our traditional 8 days of over 90 F.?
Doesn't bear thinking about.

It's 6:00 a.m. and dawn is breaking. Looks like a cloudless sky. It is already 69 F.

HAWLTAIN

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

madmum
05-31-2006, 06:21 AM
Good morning wet and washies :wave:

Another sunny day, sadly yesterday looked good but had a wickedly chilly wind. The forecasters are promising warm days this weekend, which will be nice! I'm glad we don't have 90+ days though, that would kill me! :eek:

Sharon, good luck to Dougy with the oils, and you with the a*^"@#cs :D

Congratulations Mike! :clap:

Amelia, you asked yesterday how old my children are and said you loved it when yours were home from school. Well I used to like spending time with them, but they're teens now and they are not easy to live with! lol Amy is nearly 18, Craig is 16 (say no more!) and Katy will be 14 on Saturday (I can't believe that!!!!!) I know this stage will be over soon, but it's hell right now :lol: On their own they're great kids, but get them together in one room and sparks fly.

Tricia, safe journey, you might have timed it just right to come back, the weather looks to be improving!

I'm trying to decide what to paint, why is it so hard when I have thousands of photos to choose from? :rolleyes:

Big hugs and white light to all in need, especially Darla's friend Jeff and our own Stridey.

Ruth

jaytee
05-31-2006, 06:44 AM
There are lots of wonderful moments in gardening........... had to rush bac and share one of the best with you... this seasons frist Iris sibirica to open :

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2006/4661-W-1st-iris-1.jpg

I KNOW there's a whole Iris thread....but this one is spanking brand new fresh thismorning......

Jutta.... they tolerate damp places you know ;) :evil:

Also took lots of pic of my classy garden 'gnomes... but later... sun still calling

Oh... I just saw the sweetest young sandy -ginger cat sitting on the wall the other side of footpath peering into my garden..... camera NOT in reach..... wonder if he' loking for a second home ???

monikadeo
05-31-2006, 06:53 AM
Hello everyone!

Just couldn't help posting after seeing Jaytees Iris photo! It's too beautiful :) Along with the flower I think the photo is also very well taken :)

Thanks for posting it Jaytee :)

We have started getting pre-monsoon showers here and monsoon is all set to begin! Feels good to get rid of the summer heat :)

Everything will turn green in a few days and I'll surely share some photos of that!

-Monika.

painterbear
05-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Good morning all,
It is just a couple of minutes past 7:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. There is a beautiful sky filled with a yellow glow and soft, fluffy clouds outside my window. More heat in the forecast today. :o

Thinking of starting another Cades Cove painting—at least drawing it out to work on in my art class tomorrow. I like to have something to put paint on when I go there. The first hour is a demo by the instructor, then we get another couple of hours to work on our own paintings.

Mike, Good news in yesterday's Wash about your job. Congratulations on the new title and promotion! Is it more fun to teach the teachers or to teach the kids? ;)

Vasil, Wonder if that cartoonist secretly hangs out in the Watercolor Forum???? You are having hotter weather than we are. According to my handy-dandy duel thermometor, when the temps are in the 30°Cs, it is in the 90°Fs. That is enervating and uncomfortable, for sure.

Waving :wave: to Christie, Lulu, Sharon, JJ, Jaytee, Lyn, Ruth, Monika, Tricia, Ken, Jen, Jutta, and any and all I cross-posted with. :D

Off to check out the Gallery and Studio.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
05-31-2006, 07:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

No sun so far but temperatues are still going up and up, last day, tomorrow supposed to be cool.

No news here, I am going outside to have my morning coffee, maybe today I'll have a go at the mop lilac which I didn't get at yesterday.

JT - iris is beautiful!!

:wave: to one and ALL and wishing you a good day!
Uschi

mmcaloon
05-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Good Morning All :wave:

Hi to Christie, Lulu, Tricia, Jen, Ken, JJ, Sharon, LL, Vasil, JT, Jutta, Lyn, Ruth, Monika, Sylvia, Uschi, and all those yet to come.

Christie - hope you have a good day today.

Lulu - so how big is a big hike for you.

Tricia - You will have some painting things in the UK I hope.

Jen - We procrastinate on that stuff too. Especially now since we both feel the whole outside needs to be re-done.

Ken - have a good one in Northumberland

Trish - Got your bird and its posted this AM, funny there were only two groups up then and I am usually the last. Thanks, just a bit more money not much. You know we go into teaching for the high salaries.:lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ - (( ))

Sharon - Sounds like allot of painting going to be done at your place.

LL - hope to see you later.

Vasil - great cartoon sounds like one of our threads sometimes.

JT - have fun in the garden. The Iris was beautiful.

Jutta - enjoy your painting.

Lyn - stay cool.

Ruth - when my sons were teenagers I was certain one of us was going to die any day. But they did survive and turned out pretty darn good.:thumbsup:

Monika - good morning to you.

Sylvia - The funny thing is teachers are the worst students. They do all those things they would never let their students do - go figure:confused: .

Uschi - enjoy your coffee.

Thanks for the comments on the new responsibilities. I will let you know if they should be congratulations in six months :D.

TIme for me to hit the road and get to work. Ontario meet is coming soon I can't wait.

HAWLTAIN BBL

olliewood0702
05-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Happy HUMP Day Washers!!

Sounds like you all are haveing a so-so day so far...this HOT and MUGGY weather is taking it's toll on me. We have central air in our home but I HATE it when you can't even go outside without wilting. :(

Humans...hey??? we complain no matter what...just a few months ago we were complaining about the cold wet snow. But to go from 50's to 90's is just un-real.:confused:

I've heard nothing yet this morning on Jeff. I figure Donna's sister will call me here at work with an update and when she does I'll let you all know. THANKS for your concern. I'm hoping the surgery was successful. :thumbsup:

((((((OUR STRIDEY & PAM)))))))) White light and healing vibes along with prayers sent beaming your way.

Talking about kids...It feels just like yesterday that mine were teenagers and I felf like you Ruth!! Oh boy do I remember... UGH....the patience it took.....but in the "BLINK OF AN EYE" they are all gone and then it's so sad...I wish I could go back every once in a while an spend just one day when they were younger.
I can remember when our boys were playing hockey and our daughter was in figure skating competitions and we were running somewhere EVERY night and weekends were spend out of town. Those years flew by....sniff......:crying: :o

I guess this morning I'm just feeling kind of old and depressed. Maybe it has something to do with hitting the BIG 5-0 in July!! I went into a major depression when I hit 30 too. BUT 40 was great! I really LOVED my 40's and it's so sad to see them go......

Well, enough depressing stuff.:smug: ... LuLu....whatcha painting?? Post it okay?

(((Sharon's Dad))))) poor guy...he sure does have his bad days doesn't he? Sounds like you and Dougy are busy wetting your brushes..

Vasil....:D that cartoon is too funny! Be cool....HOT over there...

JT....if you can snap a pic of that pretty kittie do it okay? Hope you are gaining your strength back.

Hello Jutta! Christie, Tricia, Jen, Ken, Monika, Uschi, Llalena, JJ, Trish, Lyn, MIke, Sylvia and AWAYTC

HAWLTAIN,
Have a GREAT day!!:wave:

vasilkadifeli
05-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Vasil - great cartoon sounds like one of our threads sometimes.
I see now what the others mean ;)... No, I did not have that in mind when posting it, but it suits well :D

Little Old Lady
05-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Greetings:wave:
Cloudy and 60 here this morning. Cold front went through. Hope the rest of you get cool down soon. 70's are my ideal temp.
Painting at nursing home this morn. This aft-same old, same old!
Good vibes for all in need.
Have a good one.
Alphabet soup
:grouphug:

butterfly.art
05-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Lovely photograph, JT, more! please!
Mike, congratulations on the job. I hope it turns out fine over the next 6 months:thumbsup: Your right about teachers being the worst students, I guess it is like nurses and doctors being the worst patients.:D
Sylvia, good luck with your next Cades Cove painting. How many are you planning to do?
Monika - looking forward to some photographs from you.
Darla. Didn't you know 50 is the new 40 these days? So no problems:lol:
Ruth, keeping my fingers crossed for the good weather.
Lyn, maybe you should resist the urge to sleep during the day?
Jutta, can you show us what you were up to yesterday?
Uschi, hope your mop lilac turns out well again

Think thats everyone. If not :wave:

Tricia

JoAnn- you always catch me cross post! Hi.

keysgram
05-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Good Mornin'

I just saw what Jutta put together for Kevin and Pam - WOW! What a beautiful thing to do Jutta...:heart:

Ruth, thank goodness mine are all 'growed-up'. The teen years just about did me and DH in!! We are all best friends now, and I can't imagine for one minute not having them. HOWEVER-
Raising teenagers is like nailing Jello to a tree!:D

Beautiful morning so far...only 5C on the deck right now, but the sun is shining, and it is only 7am.

Hope you all have a great day!
HAWLTAIN

Linda

JustjoGA
05-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Good Morning, Washers...

Gonna be another warm one here, got to 92F yesterday!!
Thank goodness for A/C!!! :)

Kevin does indeed need our restrengthened prayers (see
Chris's update in Kevin's thread.)

I managed to get my birds posted this morning... Went to
bed early last night ... I think my cyber elastic supply
has run too low...

:wave: to all here, AWAYTC :grouphug: HAWLTAIN

JustJo

ameliajordan
05-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Got to fly this morning but hello to one and all.

Chris posted an update on Kevin who had emergency surgery over the weekend. ((((((((((()))))))))

Mike, congrats on your promotion!!!!!!!

Ruth, oh I didn't enjoy those years with the teens :eek: My fond memories are of younger children. Hope you make it through the summer.

Darla, enjoy the 50s - best decade!

Got to run - well walk - we are having another hot one today. Lyn, glad we had such wonderful weather in Townsend not the 90s!

laters :wave:

ameliajordan
05-31-2006, 09:51 AM
ps I forgot to say that Sudoku has nothing to do with math except counting from 1 to 9. It's all built on logic and figuring out the answer by eliminating the wrong choices. Very addictive. I started on the www.sudoku.com on the easy level and have progressed to the medium.

plec
05-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi Amelia,
watch out for sudoku it is very addictive.
Ken.

plec
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
hi anybody help please. I have just tried to access a post "a portriate of the artists mother" by sketchdude, I was unable to leave a comment when i tried i was told i was not authorised etc. this has happened to me before anyone have any ideas as to why this happens, are you able to access it.
Thanks Ken..

madmum
05-31-2006, 10:44 AM
hi anybody help please. I have just tried to access a post "a portriate of the artists mother" by sketchdude, I was unable to leave a comment when i tried i was told i was not authorised etc. this has happened to me before anyone have any ideas as to why this happens, are you able to access it.
Thanks Ken..

Ken, problem solved! That thread is in the Structured Critiques forum, and only registered critiquers can comment. Here's a link to learn how to become a registered critiquer http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28756

Ruth

plec
05-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks ruth.
ken.

madmum
05-31-2006, 10:54 AM
I know I moan about my kids, but they all have their good sides :D It's funny, everyone who knows their public personas (or is that personi?) tells us what polite, friendly kids they are. They keep the bad stuff for us! :lol:

LOL Mike, there are times I think the same. Craig is the prime candidate at the moment - is there anything worse than a 16 yr old boy in love? :rolleyes:

Amelia, I thought that was what you meant :D Little kids are fun, teens are our punishment for all the bad things we did as teens! :eek:

((((((Darla)))))) I'll be 40 next year, 30 was good, but I have a feeling 40 will turn me into a grumpy old woman (well it turned DH into a grumpy old man!!!)

Lovely iris Jaytee :)

Still not chosen a subject for painting, so another day is almost gone with nothing (fun) done!

Ruth

yahooserious
05-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Ken, maybe you somehow are logged out of the site and just need to log in again....

Good morning everybody... Strange weather here in Central Texas... Not as hot as some of you and a pleasant breeze all day yesterday.. In the 80's which is very pleasant to those of us who are native Texans..

I totally forgot to post yesterday..:o .... I've been reading the washes I missed while we were traveling.... Thanks so much to all of you that wished me a Happy Birthday!! My husband got up at the crack of dawn to go purchase a windchime I had admired at a CrackerBarrell... Is that wonderful or what??? We are officially afficianados of fine CrackerBarrells all the way from Texas to Ohio... We stopped for breakfast and lunch almost the whole way to and from...:D

Faith and Nick are just about caught up from their jet-lag so she and Masue (Japanese sister) are busy translating her movie script into Japanese. Faith has learned only about 75 of the 2,000 characters she needs to be able to write properly in that language. All that and backwards, too.... I could never do that!!:D I told her I drove her car yesterday and she wrote back immediately and told me to keep it under 150mph!!!:D BMW740.... That puppy will move..:eek: And side mirrors that move and adjust when you are backing up!!! How cool is that??? I don't know nuthin' about cars that fancy....

Sylvia, I hope your grandson is much better by now!!

JJ.... Chin up, sweetie... Concentrate on the good memories... Treasure those and keep them in your heart...

Cathie.... Wow... A quilting machine sounds like a good investment for you.. I have a friend from childhood who has one and she does the most absolutely fabulous quilts... Now I have TWO friends who are quilt artists...

I know there is more I need to remember, but that truckload of you-know-what drove down our street and left a pile at our house, too...:D

Oh yes, Pat, how is your friend who had the back surgery??

I better get to the ktichen... Need to get the day going....

Hugs and BSAKs.... HAPTAIN...

Emilie

p.s. Hi Ruth!! If teenage kids are punishment for all the bad stuff we did as teenagers, I wuz robbed!!!!... However, I did make up for lost time after I changed the dead-bolts and threw the suits and underwear belonging to my children's father in front of his office!!!:D :D

Ruth and Darla My 40's and early 50's... until I hurt my back so badly... were most excellent years!!! The good stuff is just beginning, ladies, so cheer up!!

Sharon Douglas
05-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi all,
I`m back again.
I`ve finished Dougys ST Micheals Mount, so I`m glad thats out the window:lol:

Poor Dougy started work at 1am, and he is still working.(3.55pm) He is an H.G.V. driver, and his truck had a puncture, so he was waiting for over 2 hours for someone to fix it for him, then there have been a few accidents on the motorway...............so he is only looking at getting home about 6-ish.
That makes a 17 hour day for him, needless to say he is taking tomorrow off, I wouldn`t be surprised if he slept through the whole day.

I`ve just spoken to my dad, he collapsed again last night, with pains. He is still being stubborn:rolleyes: and won`t go to the hospital, but, don`t be surprised if my next post says that my dad is in hospital again though.

Well, I`m offf to do some more painting while I`m in the mood, I`m catching up on all the painting I missed while illustrating those two books.:lol:
I must start thinking about getting some stuff framed up and ready for the show in August..............so many paintings so little time.:lol:

Be good.
TTFN

painterbear
05-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Ruth,
There is a WORLD of difference between men and women. 40 is a glorious decade! You'll love it, believe me.

Re: teens. I know what you mean about public persona vs private persona. LOL! I guess it was actually better than the other way around. I used to think that here in the States we should take a sparsely populated state like Wyoming, build a big fence around it where we sent the kids at age 13 until they were 20 when they could come out and live among the general population once more. Then I decided that wouldn't be fare to the Wyoming-uns! ;)

I haven't tried Sudoku yet. I'm afraid I might enjoy it too much. I do like to solve crossword puzzles. My favorite puzzles are the Double-Crostic kind though because you can work back and forth from the quote you are trying to decipher to the crosswords in the clues. I, too, do a JigZone.com jigsaw puzzle each day.

I just spent an hour watering our veggie garden and the flowers we planted last week. I figured they would like a drink each day with all the hot weather we've been having.

Waving to all who were here between my visits. I need to go do some proofreading, I'm just about finished the Kindergarten materials so I can send it all back today. Then I'm on to the First Grade materials.

SYL when I need a break. :D

Sylvia

Mike, LOL! re teachers doing things they would never want their students to do in class. Ain't it the truth!

CharM
05-31-2006, 11:33 AM
It is SO HOT in SW Ontario that even the birds are walking... :lol:

Good morning Washers!!! Ted and I were supposed to visit with Sue Galos and her hubby Pat, today... Sue called and their a/c is on the blink... what a time for that to go, eh? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, after telling her that we could deal with the heat, and arranging times, etc.... I thought... wait a minute... WE have a/c... I called her back and told them to come here... So, they're on their way!!! :clap:

The cat hair has been shovelled... my studio has been re-arranged... the bathrooms are clean... good to GO!!!

AND, now that my studio is a little more logically laid out, my BIG easel fits in here very comfortably... it's holding this full sheet that I have drawn out... waiting for paint... waiting... sheesh it's intimidating...

Mike... Promotions usually feel like a double edged sword... Congratulations to you (along with condolences)... I hope there was a nice pay raise... it's obviously well deserved!!!

:wave: Christie and Lulu

Tricia... here too... I feel sorry for my son at school... no a/c there... he says that kids are actually getting sick...

Nice to know that you have your priorities in order, Jen!!! :lol: That recipe is older than dirt and EVERYBODY loves it... try making grilled cheese with it... yummy!

Hiya Ken,Trish and Llalena

Welcome back JJ

Hi Sharon... I have a couple of small canvases that were given to me awhile back... and a whole set of ac***ic paints... every time someone mentions them, I think I should give them a try... :D

Hi Vasil... nothing quite like jumping to conclusions, eh?

Thanks for the hug, JT... yes, some days it's much needed... hey... did you see how much flying I did??? And, I got that HOT SPOT dealt with?? *smiling very broadly*... Love your iris!

(((Jutta)))... you know... we nag at you CONSTANTLY, to take things a bit easier... sheesh... *wagging finger* in your direction... I'm absolutely sure that your lilac wash will end up being something gorgeous and colourful!!!!

Lyn, the school that Matt attended in France has a very similar timetable... he found it shocking... especially since his hours were longer, too... I thought it was a good thing...

You really don't want this heat, Ruth... especially since you don't have a/c... actually, I think the high humidity is really the killer... anyway... I know you'll find something to paint that will knock our socks off!

Looking forward to your photos, Monika

There are sure a lot of beautiful references to choose from Syl... your Church painting is just wonderful!

Do you have severe thunderstorm warnings, Uschi? Apparently we're expecting some nasty weather to bring in the cooler temps... :lol: about your mopping!!

((Darla)) We must have been sisters in another life... I bawl my eyes out for days after the kids go home from a visit... AND... my 40's were the greatest! I had Matt at 40, and he made me laugh every day... BUT, I have loved being in my 50's... Prayers for Jeff and his family...

How's that new computer working for you JoAnn??? I'll take your cooler temps, thank you very much!

Hi Linda... "Raising teenagers is like nailing Jello to a tree!" You made me laugh right out loud!

Jo... are you taking your iron??? ((()))

So... I tried Soduku, Amelia... what fun!!! You stinker... I don't have time for another addiction...

My Grandmother told me that teenagers are punishment for enjoying s*x... :lol: And she was 89 when she told me this!!!!

Cracker Barrel is one of my favourite restaurants, Emilie!!! I'm sure I missed your Birthday... so Belated Best Wishes... gosh you look soooo young!

Positive energy beaming to erradicate some of your Dad's stubborness, Sharon!

Sylvia... My girlfriend always felt that teenagers should be put up in their own house... one per block... they could mess it up as much as they wanted... they could *visit* with their families at meal time and then go back to their dumps... All the parents could monitor the block house, each taking turns... :lol: Kind of smacks of your BIG fence idea...

Well... that full sheet isn't getting any more painted with me typing instead of wetting... :D

Cool thoughts and positive energy beaming to all... hawltain!!!!

Yorky
05-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Morning all :wave:

Just cooling down after a couple of hours in the garden helping Peter level the dock and shifting soil. These temperatures in the upper 80's/lower 90's are just too much for me, after a cold shower I laid on the bed for half an hour to cool down :eek:

Well, we leave for the airport in 3 hours and should be home by 10am UK time - a total of 14 hours door to door. This time we'll get someone to push the wheelchair and hopefully get through security quicker - we only have 75 minutes to change terminals and flights at Philadelphia and the transport is not as efficient as Chicago.

I haven't had time to check any threads, so will go and check upon Strider's progress before I log off.

Bye for now,

Doug

olliewood0702
05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Have A Safe Trip And See You Later Doug!! (& Ruth):wave: AGAIN...it was SO NICE to finally meet you two!!

Yup...me too Char...this time when I leave Josh in Atlanta I'll probably blubber. Atlanta is 12 hrs away whereas Buffalo was only 5-6!:crying: Now my daughter is talking about moving back up north (where we are from) with my two granddaughters:eek: :o ... oh what to do...what to do...:confused:

Emilie...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY...I think I forgot too! I hope you enjoy your windchime that your DH bought for you. I absolutely LOVE Cracker Barrel and I saw one there I liked too...Maybe my DH will go get it for me on my BIG birthday in July. ;) :D

THANKS all for telling me the 50's decade is good...I really LOVED my 40's so heres hoping.....

I became a GRANDMA at 40 Char! and you became a Mom!! :thumbsup: :evil:

Sylvia how is Atticus?

Ruth...you are right nothing WORSE than a 16 yr old boy in love......:heart: :smug:

ameliajordan
05-31-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm going to try to learn something new and put in a link.........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4666671#post4666671

Easy - now to see if it works. Anyway it's my Little Ballerina painting in the studio. It's not so good but I realize that if I keep messing around it will only get worse :mad:

Hope you have an easy trip, Doug!

:lol: at the sayings about teens

Sharon, hope DH gets some good rest! ((((((your dad))))))

Sylvia, you'll love Sudoku but like other puzzles have to set a limit like one a day :rolleyes:

mr sandbanx
05-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Hewy Folks,

Hot and humid here today, so being in the office does not hurt so much as normal. Malty is next door hosing the Baitte to keep it cool. (Being generous, I told him if there was any water left after that, he could hose himself down as well…. it’s one of many perks the the employees at the OBS Group of Companies enjoy… and please, as always, the concourse level is there for your shopping pleasure).

Anyway, I have been trying to keep up to date on Kevin but do not want to bother Pam et al so much. Have been corresponding with his nephew Seth from Las Vegas, who has been great so far in responding. I do know that the family is absolutely dumbfounded at all of the well wishes, cards and so on from here. Pam had told me that Kevin’s computer is not very user friendly from her perspective, so she avoids it and really has not had a sense of what he was doing here and who he had met. The response has overwhelmed them all. So keep it up, and he will be back here and asking for his turn with the peppermint in no time. I may try to call Pam later on.

With all of this, and some other things going on here, I have not been painting at all lately, although the staff at the OBS (Malty, Doug the Worm etc…) gave me a gift of some watercolour pencils yesterday, with the intent of either getting me out of their hair for a bit, or getting me motivated. Maybe this weekend I will give it a go.

Being at work I had to skim the wash today, will look in later for a more detailed read. In the meantime, hope everyone has a great day, or what is left of it….

Gooby

JudyL
05-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Hiya!:wave: I went to my uncle Bill's funeral yesterday so have not read Tuesdays wash yet, will do when I finish here.
The funeral was very traditional, including an open casket! lots of tears, and hugs, which meant I could not speak for awhile. , Bill's 3 sons-in-law talked about Bill and that was nice, apparently he threw away nothing! The first bit of humor was when Ken said that instead of Bills Sons-in-law he thought of them as the good the bad and the ugly, Greg #2 said he was wondering which one he was and Steve #3 said they had heard from the rest, now they would hear from the good. I have learned that the good thing about funerals is you enter crying and exit laughing. A good family day. This time we exchanged email addresses. Then went home to DD's house. Last night we went to grandson's class play. They got a grant from the Buck foundation, for education in art and music, it really was very good. Spencer was one of the storytellers, he did a good job, and reads well for a first grader. They are looking for a grant for matching funds for next year, hope they get it.
The inspection for our (hopefully) new house in Galt is tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed till all is completed and we have the keys.

Oh, white light for Bother Bob, he is having a gastric bypass today which would help him to eat again, the tumor is blocking that part of his stomach.

:grouphug: to all

JudyL

Uschi
05-31-2006, 01:36 PM
As I was sitting outside having my morning coffee I realized the grass needed cutting badly so that was my morning exercise.

I am procrastinating, haven't started any lilacs yet.

As to my responses to everyone here - What Char said:p

I can't tell you how many times I asked my teens "Do you speak to your teacher like this?" Of course not, they too were perfect everywhere else.

Sylvia, I am sure they would like nothing more than that, freedom, no nagging, a roof over your head and food in your tummy,and all that without lifting a finger - how much better could it get??

Sharon - hugs re your dad!!!

Doug, too hot for such heavy labour!!! Wishing you and Ruth a good trip!!!

Char, you are playing with the :evil: leaving that full sheet sitting there like that:eek: Waving to Sue, enjoy your visit!!!

I haven't tried the Sudoko either.

Amelia, link worked and Violet is looking GOOD!!!

Chris, Wishing for good news, good news, good news!!!!

I better get moving, :wave: Uschi

rue d'oak
05-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Hello again...just checking the news and weather, states of paintings and gardens from around the world.

Teenagers! Enjoyed the comparison to jello!

And any good energy beamed toward my daughter Gabrielle would be gratefully appreciated. :heart: Taking her math French Bac today. Physics was yesterday. Tough tough tough. House has been quiet as a tomb the last two weeks for her study time. Has only fallen apart once, sobbing because dinner was late. ouuww...walking the line of nerves. Graduation is Friday, then more exams next week. French system is out of synch with the American system.

Ah...you know (she says crossing her fingers), with at 15 year old and near-18 year old in the house, our lives are pretty good. The outbreaks are rare and usually reasonable. Our two, boy and girl, tangled more in earlier years. I think the oldest ignored the younger one the first few years of life!:p They are actually sweet and considerate with each other. And with us. Most of the tough moments are about handling a pressured school situations. I do remember telling them from early years that they did not have to love each other, but they did need to figure a way out of living together peacefully. Drove me nuts when people would coo to our daughter,"don't you just LOVE having a baby brother?" Nope, she didn't. :lol:so I told her to just find a way to live with him in the house. ;) Have my DH and I done something wrong?:confused: Will they drive us nuts in college?:eek:

Darla, thanks for the Jeff update. <<<<Jeff, Donna, Kev, Pam>>>>>

Char, yum, I'll try the grilled cheese version.

See, no gardening yet. I have avoidance down to a science!
Jen

Cathie Jones
05-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Yippppppeeeeeee . . . . can't contain myself, so the goodest news first . . . I just ordered the quilting machine!!!

Now for the GOOD MORNING Y'ALL part . . . (can you tell I'm excited?)

And the baddest news . . . the quilting machine costs more than my car!!! :eek: So you guys better be saving your quilt tops for me!!

Also - something I'm looking into is using transfer paper to put to put my (and your?) artwork on fabric blocks to make quilts. I know it can be done, but don't know yet how it lasts (fading, etc.).

Hope ((Kevin and Pam)) and the rest of their family are having a better day today.

Emilie, did you have a birthday and not tell me? You know I woulda baked you a cake!! :heart:

Gotta run . . . see y'all later . . . woooohoooooo . . . I'm a happy li'l camper! Or will be in July when the machine arrives.

painterbear
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Drove me nuts when people would coo to our daughter,"don't you just LOVE having a baby brother?" Nope, she didn't. so I told her to just find a way to live with him in the house.
Jen, you made me smile. This is a story I was told many times over the years. I was 5 years old when my brother, Bob, was born. I was happy for the first week or so that he was home and everyone was making a fuss. Then, apparently, I realized that this might go on and on. So, one day I turned to my Mom when she was changing his diaper and said very seriously "OK, you can take him back now." :D :evil:

Judy, I'm glad your Uncle's funeral turned into a joyful rememberance of his life and you were able to smile. Good luck with the house inspection. I remember that feeling of wanting to get everything over with and have the keys to our new home safely in hand! Hope all goes well.

Sylvia, I am sure they would like nothing more than that, freedom, no nagging, a roof over your head and food in your tummy,and all that without lifting a finger - how much better could it get?? Oh, no, Uschi. I think they would quite quickly begin to get on each others nerves, just like they do their parents. Did you ever read Lord of the Flies by William Golding? :eek:

Chris, Thanks for sharing the info you garner with us. We all want Kevin to get well so much, every tidbit of news is avidly looked for. :clap:

Amelia, Another Wet Canvas skill to add to your resume. Will follow your link to the Ballerina as soon as I finish here.

Like now.....

Sylvia

Christie
05-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, good thing I posted last night because this is the first I have seen of my computer today!:eek:

Tindy's stitches are out and she looks pretty happy with herself. Now one of the other girls is in to have a doggie wart removed...:D It never ends...:D

You guys are scaring me with your teenager stories! My son is about to turn 12 and the girl is only a few years behind him... :eek:

Cathie, congratulations on the machine purchase! Where are you going to put it? If I quilted, I would send you my quilt tops...:)

Jen, I remember exam time all too well. I hope your daughter makes it through fine.:) BTW, I broke down once during exams because I did not have any paired socks.:D

Okay, must go get my other girl who should have been dealt with by now. Poor baby is going to hate me.:)

Hi to everyone else. Sorry to hear about the hot temperatures some of you are having.

Take care.

ameliajordan
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Judy, glad the funeral brought the family together! (((((())))))) And more ((((()))))for brother Bob.

Jen, sending white positive light to graduating senior!

Uschi, thanks for kind words. It is hard to paint someone so far and see the image because it you make it strong the face becomes hard.

Cathie, if I ever finish my quilt top I know how it'a getting quilted. But it may take forever to finish my part.....

Christie, glad I don't have your vet bill this month :)

Sylvia, my mom was 5 when her twin brother and sister was born. I think it was OK for awhile but then they were curly headed toddlers and she was the awkard 6 year old - don't think she really ever got over it :D

Chris, thanks for keeping us up to date on Kevin.

Someone is looking at the house in a few so :wave:

Nacre
05-31-2006, 05:28 PM
:wave: Hi all . don't have anything important to say except to wish Emilie ( who is important ) happy birthday.

Emilie Happy belated Birthday

:wave: By all . God Bless

Christie
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Christie, glad I don't have your vet bill this month :)

Amelia, I am not sure that I want to see the vet bill this month!:eek: I think it should be up around $700 (even with our three dog discount!).

Poor Seeker is still kind of dopey...:D She keeps dropping off to sleep in the middle of a sit and sloooowly sinks to the ground snoring.:D She'll be better in about 2 hours... I know this because she woke up for dinner.:D

I wrecked my belladonna card and am repainting it. Much happier with this one already....:)

Dinner is ready... must get it on the table before my locusts get to it.:D

yahooserious
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
You guys are scaring me with your teenager stories! My son is about to turn 12 and the girl is only a few years behind him... :eek:

Christie.....Be afraid......very afraid......Don't you remember my story about having to be talked out of leaving Todd and Faith at the side of a highway in North Carolina?..... My cousin JoAnn (old enough to be my mother) had to really give me a talking to about that situation. I'd had it up to HERE with their continual arguing and fighting..... they were 14 and 16..... and I was 36 going on 85.... My head was spinning and I was spewing pea soup everywhere!!!:D

Emilie

Uschi
05-31-2006, 09:03 PM
It's not even 9:00 p.m. and I can barely keep my eyes open, I think it's because of the stress or boredom of watching one thunderstorm after another roll through for 7 hours, oh, I remember why, 7 hours of walking from one window to the next looking for clouds with a tail because we had almost nonstop tornado warnings.

Cathie :clap: :clap: SUPER!!!

Christie - OUCH, that is an expensive business!!

Judy, keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Amelia, same as Judy!!

Jen, your teens are to worn out to argue from all the skiing!!!

Well, I think I'll fight my eyes for another 1/2 hour and then off to bed.

:wave: till tomorrow morning!!
Uschi

JudyL
05-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Well I just got the word, Bobs surgery didn't work, it was just too late.
But thanks for the good thoughts anyway.

JudyL

yahooserious
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
(((((((((Judy)))))))))

mr sandbanx
05-31-2006, 09:43 PM
So sorry Judy

Christie
05-31-2006, 09:44 PM
(((Judy)))

maltman
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Hewy All :wave: :wave:

Just had a black-out for a couple of hours...so I lit many candles, and put on my I-Pod...listened to Beethoven's 6th, 8th and a bit of 9th....Man was that good!!!

It's funny, as I was listening, all kinds of previosly viewed images from postees from WC ran through my brain ...it was quite incredible....maybe I should do this more often...just thought I would share this with you!...you should try it!

Gooby

Brian:wave: :wave:

laudesan
05-31-2006, 11:04 PM
I woke up this morning and I could barely walk.. So I put a load of washing on and came and sat at my pc.

I sorted my photos', chatted with Johanne, she is so excited it ia finally summer in Quebec City. **grin**

I read the KIUAN thread again it is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!

I am disappointed I couldn't paint while we are away, not even a quick sketch but we had a wonderful, wonderful time with Alan's Brother Les and wife Jan. They are such neat people and it is a pity we live so far apart, but we are really looking forward to seeing them again in July.

Speaking of which I MUST work out our itinerary this weekend..

Lulu is there anywhere in Cambridge that we can go to dinner with Les and Jan as well. They said it is only half an hours drive from Cambridge.. You will love them too.. **smile**

I had the heater on last night too..:p

Mike you got a promotion? Wow congratulations..:clap:

Sharon what is mod roc?????????? ((((((Dad)))))

Vasil what a neat cartoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironic aye..

I was actually opening a web page to inert a link into my post, a link to Nimbin when the whole lot shut down. Had no time to save anything and as I was not finished I hadn't saved anything anyway. Poop.. Trouble is if you select all and copy and explorer shuts down you loose the lot anyway. :(

Tricia, Mike and Jutta, thanks for the hugs, muchly appreciated right now..:)

Lyn I will look at that link today, thank you..

JT beautiful pics..

Darla still sending healing vibes to Jeff..

Also Strider, Kevin really is having a rough run of it..:(

Darla 50 is the most exciting time, your 50's will be ful of fun honest. You are fit enough to enjoy yourself at 50 (usually) wise enough because you have had 50 years learning, financial enough because you have had 30 years working..;) embrace it with a rush, enjoy ..

50 is awesome!!!!!!! :clap:

THIS IS THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

JoAnn thinking of you!! :wave:

Teenage years were nerve wracking, but puberty :eek: Man I could have cheerfully given Tania away from the age of 11 and a half until 12 and a half..:( She put us through absolute hell with her up-heaved emotions and she herself suffered so badly poor little mite. I wonder how Elise is going to fair.?

Will check out Sudoku soon. Wonder if Reece would benefit from it?

Emilie said JJ.... Chin up, sweetie... Concentrate on the good memories... Treasure those and keep them in your heart...Thanks g/friend, I do try..

Char I had a look at your threads, and they brought back very wonderful memories of you and I walking along the lake. Wish I could have gone in the peddle boat with you, I would have loved that very much.
The yellow Iris was very beautiful, and what did you do with the egg?
Hope you Sue et al had a wonderful visit!!!!!

Our kids don't have a/c nor fans at school and it gets to 40 degrees more often than not in their classrooms.. They wonder why the kids are listless and don't learn..:( "They" have to realise that our weather is a LOT hotter than when they were at school, we have made a huge hole in the ozone layer over the years and it is still growing :eek:

Guess Doug is home.. How was the Toledo meet? Where are the pics??

Amelia I Will check out your painting asap.. congrats on inserting a link.

((((((((((JudyL and brother Bob)))))))))) How is the toe??

Cathie woo-hoo a quilting machine!!! e expect a heap of pics of absolutely gorgeous quilts!!! **smile**

What a great idea about the artwork!!

Christie Tindy has stitches????? what happened to her??? or is she the oldest one who has the abscess. Bayley has a doggy wart on her side that popped up the first time she got pregnant. The vets aid leave it.. He said it was common for a bitch to develop a pregnancy wart??

Aunt P soo good to see you. Huge hugs!!!!!!!

I must buy an I-pod. way to go Malty. Must remember to buy a couple of bottles of red for our next thunderstorm too. They always happen when himself is on night shift..

**happy sigh** I have just finished a cappuccino almost as good as Timmie's :p

I have some Irish coffee beens in the 'fridge and I bought some Gloria Jeans caramel syrup. (tastes very similar to maple syrup) Made myself a cappuccino that was to die for..:D

Must move myself, I need to hobble down to the basement and check on the washing..

Christie
05-31-2006, 11:25 PM
JJ, Tindy is the oldest one. She had the abscess last weekend.:D Seeker is the next oldest one and she has a wart (or something) removed today. So, two dogs in recovery right now.D:

I remember hearing about pregnancy wart in dogs. Seeker got one with she had her litter. It went away though...

Now, back to our regular knitting pattern...:D

laudesan
05-31-2006, 11:33 PM
They said Bayley's wart would go away too, but t never did, She had 5 litters, as were were breeding her, and the wart is under one of her black spots.. It is not always noticeable, but because I know it is there it is to me..;)

Glad your two are on the mend now.

I worry with all mine bring around the same again, 7 furkids ranging from 12 years to 10 years man are we going to have some vet bills coming up..;)

Mind you Bayley is in terrific health, and Dallies usually only have a life span of 12-15 years max.. It is scary..:(

dudleyze
06-01-2006, 12:06 AM
I have to say that I am just overwhelmed by all the posts in today's wash - I can't even begin to respond to anyone.

Seems like there is just so much happening in everyone's life, I have trouble trying to keep up - but I am here, even if it's in lurk mode. White light and hugs to everyone and I can only quote Jo....... I love being here (lurker or not)

I do want to say thank you to Mike, who remembered me a couple of days ago and want to say good night to John Boy, et. al. (thank you Mike)

Thinking of you all........ Carol

mr sandbanx
06-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Hewy All :wave: :wave:

Just had a black-out for a couple of hours...so I lit many candles, and put on my I-Pod...listened to Beethoven's 6th, 8th and a bit of 9th....Man was that good!!!

It's funny, as I was listening, all kinds of previosly viewed images from postees from WC ran through my brain ...it was quite incredible....maybe I should do this more often...just thought I would share this with you!...you should try it!

Gooby

Brian:wave: :wave:

Oh this is lovely!!!! While you were fantasizing, the baitte was all alone in the dark! See if you can't be in my office first thing (bring a cruller)

Christie
06-01-2006, 12:37 AM
I just set up a group at Gratefulness.org (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng) for Kevin. If you are going there to light a candle, add Kevin in the group box and then he'll be able to see how many of us there really are...:) Just click on an unlit candle and follow the directions, remembering that they only last for 48 hours. Going back every couple of days to light another one would be a good idea, if you want to keep a candle going.