PDA

View Full Version : Horsie, working hard.

einna
05-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Hello everybody, who is visiting.
I have to prepare myself for the use of my new oil paints. TO be sure what i am doing.. went to paint this first.
This is a horsie from my region back home. I thought they have better mashines today.. and no.. some small farmers still rely on the horse. I just wonder how this farmer can make a living with this mechanisation in nowdays world. But the horsie was so handsome.. had to paint him.. just as i remember them from my childhood.
Digi brushes.

Annie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2006/40899-kun_na_becve__grand.jpg

barryt
05-30-2006, 05:06 AM
It's lovely to see horses working. A friend of mine uses his horses in preference to a tractor when he can. A memory pulling painting. Thanks

TWTom
05-30-2006, 06:48 AM
Lovely, lovely. Delicate and wonderful. There's so much here to enjoy. I like the mix of colors and the blending, especially the splashes of what I see as a blue-green and the brick red roof color in the back. I like the way you did all the leather straps here. They have a realism to them, especially the long straps held by the man and leading to the horse. Finally there's something about the off-kilter stance of the horse's front legs. It's not something I would have expected, so it's pleasing to my eye.

What was the original size on this? So much gently rendered detail.

JCoop
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Annie, this is quite wonderful to behold. There is something noble about artists who preserve times gone by... artistic historians of sort. I like this very much.:)

einna
05-30-2006, 05:55 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2006/40899-kun_na_becve__rev2_00.jpg

Thank you Barry for looking.I like your digi oil work very much.

Hi, Joel, and thanks for looking.
I like this kind of horses, they are strong and full of muscle, so handsome and gentle. I used to watch them for hours, pulling the carts, tilling the land or just passing me buy.

I did some scrabbing on the pic. Prolonged the left leg a bit..smoothed up the sky, to make the scene deeper.

Thanks for looking TWTom and welcome to this forum. It seems that you like what i do.. i thrive on the irregularities of life. Hate poses on pedestals and staff like that... I think the moment is to be treasured, even if a bit unusual. In this case my horsie was told to make a sharp turn... as i am reading him and people do not like his leg up.. but how on earth has he to make that turn? LOL I love his obedient, quet action. One day i will paint a horse angry and running, free and happy... just dreaming loudly here i think..lol

Thank you all good people and happy painting!

del m
05-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Annie, if you like it paint it. I love horses, they are a noble group. Nice job

Annie*M
05-30-2006, 08:23 PM
From one Annie to another Annie, I think your painting is lovely:wave:

einna
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Thank you Annie.:)

What a coincidence, isn't it. I used to use M beside my name as you do.. stands for Marie... my middle name. What your M stands for?

Lovely meeting you.:wave:

TxAggieDarlin
06-01-2006, 09:45 AM
What a special painting. We should all go back to our childhood and paint a great memory....

omniartz
06-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Love your loose style here! And the warm colors of the foreground. Very pleasant scene! :)

justjean
06-01-2006, 05:46 PM
wonderful painting Annie, it brings back memories of my childhood :thumbsup:

LadyAlba
06-02-2006, 09:40 AM
I just love this, Annie! ;o)