PDA

View Full Version : another woodcut

Gisela
03-06-2002, 12:23 AM
I've been playing with this in between drying glazes on paintings. Finding bigger pieces of wood, this is 12 x 16.

Gis

mame
03-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Another method/technique is oil based litho inks thinned out/gooped up with stand oil. Did a two year study of automatism/color using the monotype as the vehicle because it's so immediate. Did several hundred.

Only have slides of a couple but could show you here. I didn't want to be rude by posting a work in your thread.

You are really developing a unique and singular "voice", Gisela (I know, I hate that term too, but don't know how else to describe a "personal style"). Make more.

Gisela
03-06-2002, 03:02 PM
I'd love to see what you did, and I'd be interested in hearing more about your study.

Thank you, Mame. :)

Gis

mame
03-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Geez! I was looking at your woodcut and monoprint/type (can't ever remember which is which and I replied in the wrong thread! Just chalk it up to weird auntie mame. I'll post it here a little later.

Sass-a frass will be on hand I hope to assist my memory of products/techniques etc. It's been a while. Any way all looks good with your printmaking adventure! Carry on...

Gisela
03-06-2002, 06:37 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. I'm still looking forward to hearing more. :D

sassybird
03-07-2002, 06:15 PM
Seeing your wood cuts makes me want to do some too. Any one reccommend a softer wood for cutting? My hands just aren't strong enough to work on pine.

Gisela
03-07-2002, 09:00 PM
Balsa is really soft, but maybe too soft for printing. You can make an indentation in that just by pushing with your finger.
Tjay said maybe try Cypress, but he's not sure where you could get it.

then there's always the Dremel...;)

Gis