PDA

View Full Version : Art After Dark, Jacksonville, Fla.

llis
03-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Our very own Deb Carroll will be among the emerging artists that will be featured in this exclusive show. I plan to be there, sure hope that others will too. :)

Art After Dark, Jacksonville, Fla. March 8, 2002
At the Florida Theater
7-10 pm.

http://www.floridatheatre.com/boxoffice/eventdetails.cfm?id=312

I can't wait!

arlene
03-05-2002, 04:58 PM
congrats to deb!!!!

where's her name on the list? :(

CarlyHardy
03-05-2002, 11:18 PM
A well deserved honor! Wish I could be there to cheer for your paintings, but at least I can say..."I knew you when..."

Can't wait to see you on the 18th!
carly

llis
03-06-2002, 08:46 AM
Arlene:

Deb's work is submitted under students, and students are not listed with the general emerging artists. :)

llis
03-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Sigh,

I had a wonderful time at the Art after Dark event. While I was with Deb, she made two sales! I haven't talked with her since I left, so she may have even more. Sad to say my pictures did not turn out real well, but Bobby, Deb's husband does have some and maybe they will be better.

Here are a few....

llis
03-13-2002, 05:53 PM
The silent auction

llis
03-13-2002, 05:56 PM
http://www.floridatheatre.com

and the ceiling lights were awesome!

owens1299
03-13-2002, 06:24 PM
Deb, I hope that you sold lots and lots of pieces...

and those are awesome looking lights!!!

CarlyHardy
03-13-2002, 11:45 PM
I can't wait to see Deb next week and give her a big hug....

Deb, Congratulations!!!! Hooray!!!! I knew your work would sell!!!
carly

(doing a fun dance she's so happy for ya!)

Deb
03-15-2002, 09:11 AM
Thanks everyone, it was a positive experience for me. Since this was my first exhibit I was flooded with self doubts. I hardly said a word to my husband on the hour or so trip to the theater...I'm not ready, I'm not good enough, what if no one likes my work? But all those fears melted away once I got there; and nothing warmed my heart more than to see Phyllis walking towards me among the 500 or more people there. At the last, the president of the Florida Theater bought a painting for his wife. I sold 4 in all which was good because I was not expecting to sell any! I have photos put up at http://photos.yahoo.com/Deborah234 in a folder called Art After Dark.

I met Phyllis, Carly, Arlene and many others through wetcanvas and owe much gratitude to them and wetcanvas for the things I've learned and for their support. When I stood in the Florida Theater last Friday night I felt like I was in a dream world. I never expected to be were I am at today...and so soon.

paintfool
03-23-2002, 12:56 PM
AWWW! I'm so sorry i had to miss this Deb! A BIG congratulations to you!!! I can understand the doubts you spoke of but as one who's seen your work in person i can honestly say you have NO reason for doubts!!!! I love the glass bottle! :D
Love,
Cheryl

kansas artist
04-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Deb, Congratulations on your show and sales. I checked out your work from the photo albums you posted, I am very impressed. Your work is beautiful, a lot if it seems to be very calming and contemplative. -Lisa