PDA

View Full Version : it got broken

justjean
05-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Painter has decided to quit working for me no matter what I do so here's one in PSP7, this is what happenes when you try to cook breakfast when your frustrated :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2006/36920-brokenegg.jpg

Smokin
05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
ouch, ..... Great pic, but did you try holding down Shift button while you double click the painter.exe icon? Hopfully you saved your settings somwhere :)

JCoop
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Jean, I love this! This is the kind of painting that I would like to hang in my kitchen. I like the glints of reflective light... enhances the "wet" effect. The plain background works good to. Keeps it simple. I really like this Jean.:)

Try Franks suggestion.

LadyAlba
05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Prime example of less is more!! I love this and agree with Joel...I would hang this in a heartbeat! :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

justjean
05-23-2006, 12:56 PM
thanks Frank:) I tried that no luck, also removed and reinstalled a few times but when I click on the icon all I get is "Cannot open file Painter Set" it's a educ. version that g/son gave to me and I always have had problems so just bought a full? version as it is on at a good price and one can never get the upgrade price with the educ. ver. :cat:

Joel and Marge thanks :wave: hang away :lol:

barryt
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
I love that Jean, and that bit of egg white still in the shell - great.

Smokin
05-23-2006, 01:28 PM
K, I've had that problem before , I thought holding the shift button down while opening the program would solve it though, although I try to avoid doing that myself and try to manually go to the problemed area to delete the problemed file.

GOTO:
C:\Documents and Settings\User'sName\Application Data\Corel\Painter IX

There is the problemed file called Painter.set, just delete that file and you should be good to go. For some reason, files here at times get corrupted and prevent painter from starting. Holding down the shif button while opening painter I though esentially ignores whats in this folder and boots up as it was never installed on the computer, but if it does not work, just mabnually delet the file or even the whole folder. I sugest that ANYONE, who has spent any major amount of time getting thier keys set up right or, binding, or sets, or brushes, to copy this entire folder and keep it safe somewhere. That definetly beats doing it all over again.

I would also hold off on trying to get a "full" version of painter. My guess is there is absolutly no difference between what you have, VS the "fullversion, except maybe the box it comes in and the lable it has.

justjean
05-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks Smokin I'll try that and as for f. vs e. ... as g/son is no longer in school I will have to get the f vs. anyway and right now it is about 300.00 cnd. off the reg price and then I will be able to utilize the upgrade/update pricing :) when Painter X arrives (unless they change the rules :lol: )

justjean
05-23-2006, 02:21 PM
:clap: :thumbsup: thanks Frank it worked , I'm a happy camper :lol:

LadyAlba
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Woo Hoo Frank!!! Thank you so much that is a great tip!!! Copied and filed it away with Painter tips! :clap: :clap:

Annie*M
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
What a wonderful painting. I agree this would be terrific on the kitchen wall, I love it.:thumbsup:

TWTom
05-24-2006, 12:28 AM
jean, love the curve of that yolk. Simple beauty of a subject you might not think could be beautiful. But you handle it so well.

chaz
05-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Saw this earlier and what I said then still goes here. Nice work with PSP7. Still my favorite in most cases.

Chuck

maria_khurram
05-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Jean, I fell love with this painting. Love the wetness and highlights.

kennychaffin
05-24-2006, 06:45 AM
K, I've had that problem before , I thought holding the shift button down while opening the program would solve it though, although I try to avoid doing that myself and try to manually go to the problemed area to delete the problemed file.

GOTO:
C:\Documents and Settings\User'sName\Application Data\Corel\Painter IX

There is the problemed file called Painter.set, just delete that file and you should be good to go. For some reason, files here at times get corrupted and prevent painter from starting. Holding down the shif button while opening painter I though esentially ignores whats in this folder and boots up as it was never installed on the computer, but if it does not work, just mabnually delet the file or even the whole folder. I sugest that ANYONE, who has spent any major amount of time getting thier keys set up right or, binding, or sets, or brushes, to copy this entire folder and keep it safe somewhere. That definetly beats doing it all over again.

I would also hold off on trying to get a "full" version of painter. My guess is there is absolutly no difference between what you have, VS the "fullversion, except maybe the box it comes in and the lable it has.

Yep. I've see this problem/solution on the Corel site.

KAC

P.S. love the broken egg...

TxAggieDarlin
05-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Excellent job, Jean.......... a WIP would have been awesome lol...I want to know how you did this one, it is excellent; great coloring