PDA

View Full Version : Yea! A sale to a web customer in Italy. :)

artist_pw
05-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi:

I just wanted to mention that through the absoluteart website, I sold 3 pastel paintings to a customer in Cologno Monzese, Italy. This city is just a little away from Milan, so that was so very cool to me. It was interesting to send them through UPS, and it took several days for them to get to their destination, and it was really interesting because I have never shipped anything out of the US. I have no idea how the buyer found my paintings or what he liked about them enough to buy, but maybe I'll have a chance to find out later because he wants to be on my mailing list to keep track of anything new. I am so happy!

Tressa
05-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Congrats Paula!!!:clap:
Tres

PeggyB
05-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Congratulations Paula - now you should consider hand delivery the next time he wants one - Italy is so cool to visit! I haven't been to Milan, but have to Tuscany and Rome, and I'd go back anytime I could to see other areas.

Peggy

Dark_Shades
05-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Way to go........ Congratulations :clap:

Well lol, I can say I have been to Milan last year.......... but was only passing through on the back road to get to Venice :)

Bringer
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi,

Congratulations on your sale !
Did the customer know that you'd send them through UPS ?
I would refuse that.

Kindest regards,

Josť

artist_pw
05-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi:

Yes, I checked both Fedex and UPS to see which might be more cost effective, and both were so similar. I went with UPS because I used them before, and it was nice to track the package along on its way. It went from KCMO->Louisville,Ky->Philadelphia,Pa->Koeln, Germany->Treviso, Italy ->Cologno Monzese, Italy. It was fun checking mapquest to see it's possible path, too.

Bringer
05-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi again,

Using the USPS one can also track the package and I would believe that it would be much cheaper.
I don't know what prices UPS does in USA and from USA to abroad, but here it's outrageous.
Besides they have this poor idea of passing packages through customs, which has the habit of making up taxes to pay.
I always use the post office service with tracking.
To send something to USA with 4 pounds will cost about 23 Euro (28 dollars) and will take about a week to get there.
Once I was sent a sample of glass from Truvue (USA). It had no price since it was a sample. UPS guys wanted to charge me around 40 Euro for the service and bla bla bla. Of course that I refused the sample.

Best regards,

Josť