PDA

View Full Version : March Project in progress

Axl
03-04-2002, 09:43 PM
Yuppers. I figured that if i'm going to be a part of this whole WC! thing then why not participate in a project or 2? who knows it might be fun!

This it the bird. what do ya know. I was actually drawing the gators, but that was more or less for my own benifit outside of the project (they showed some great examples of scales on big lizards that i wanted to examine for me dragons..)

But anyways, here's the first stage in my bird. well. you could almost say it was the 2nd cos it started out as a simple line drawing then i added the charcoal and now i'm working with pencil

What do you know, I screwed up and accidently drew it on the paper croked. lol. go me. I was too much into it though to start over. so i'm working with it cha ;)

Yup. so here it is anyways,

Caron
03-05-2002, 08:56 AM
This is really nice Axl..I like how he stands out from the black:) Your using pencil on the bird? Cant wait to see it done:)

animal
03-05-2002, 10:59 AM
This is looking Great. Looking forward to the progress.:D

artdude
03-05-2002, 07:23 PM
GREAT START on the Egret, Axl_Happy_Goth :D Make sure you post the final drawing :D

:clap: :clap:

Axl
03-05-2002, 10:17 PM
Did I ever just go to take the page with this stupid thing out of my book and rip it... lol

go me. oh well. *gets out the staples...*

Axl
03-05-2002, 10:57 PM
so. I've done all of that Damage. Now for some fun. How about adding some of that bluury blotchy dark greenness to the background of the picture with a little bit of acrylic, watercolour, tempra and my fingers? Why yes, axl, what a wonderful idea. lol.

And yeah. the bird was in pencil but I might add some colour to it. And the background was charcoal but I just added some paint to it.

artdudette
03-06-2002, 12:33 AM
Great Axl! and you can't see the staples at all! *wink*

You're doing a great job, but after seeing what you posted when you were asking for input into your portfolio selections, I had every confidence that you'd do wonderful work here!

I really love the touches of green in the background. How do you keep from getting any on the bird? Did you mask it off, or were you just really really careful? What kind of paper do you use that can take the water, tempera, charcoal and acrylic without getting all bumpy?

Can't wait to see the finished product!

_________
artdudette

Axl
03-06-2002, 07:42 PM
I'm so lame when it comes to anything technical cos i usually never do anythign too exciting. I was just really careful keeping the paint from getting on the bird. lol. I used some water to help blend the charcoal together on a brush around the bird itself, but as for the rest of it just used my fingers and the brush in places closer to the brid, making sure i didnt get anything on it. I think it said its like 50 lb paper... erm.. even though i'm not exactly sure what that is, thats what it says on the cover of my notebook. lol. I found that by adding a layer ot charcoal first, and then putting the paint on without use of alot of water itself and having it dry quickly it didn't crinkle that much. cha cha cha *g*

and you cant see the staples cos there arn't any yet. lol

Axl
03-06-2002, 10:42 PM
yup. like i said. might be done but i havent compleately decided yet. I'm honestly getting tired of screwing with it i think. it's been really messy and stuff but it's all good, really. I eventually added some water colours to it, and some white paints in places to make to add to the whitter parts on the bird from the photo. hmmm. some ink there too. yeah. i cant remember what else. ohhh. coloured pencil.

artdudette
03-07-2002, 02:46 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Wonderful Work Axl!

You really caught the glow!

I think you could be done too, and a fine job!

_________
artdudette

spitz
03-07-2002, 06:12 AM
woah, I still can't believe about the progress, they are great ;)
uhm sorry for asking, are there any info about March project here ? since I'm new here I don't know much ^^;

AriadneArts
03-07-2002, 12:35 PM
This is beautiful, Axl! I love your "unorthodox" technique--it really works for you. Great job! :clap:

Axl
03-11-2002, 06:37 PM
playing with messy things is what I do. lol. Unfortunately the keyboard always ends up black afterwards. oops.