PDA

View Full Version : Reflections (x-posted abstracts)

chinalou
05-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Posted in abstract forum also... I never know where to put them!

This one came out of nowhere yesterday... it happened very quickly in a semi-meditative like state... not sure how I feel about it yet!:rolleyes:

I'd welcome some feed back, and thanks for looking
:)Lou

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/72001-reflections.jpg
Reflections- acrylic on canvas 70cm x 150cm

3chaway9
05-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi Lou :wave: ....Welcome....iv'e looked at this one a few times...i'm not very good at commenting on abstract paintings...
as i'm just starting to paint them myself and don't fully understand them yet..
but i do know whither i like an abstract or not...and i like this one...i like the colours used and the reflection also the shadowy (is that a word?) lol movement in the far background....nice one...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
05-20-2006, 11:19 AM
It's very difficult (for me) to understand others' abstract paintings ........ take me all my time to understand mine! :eek:

However, I do like the colours, texture of the bk/ground and the vertical lines - give a rather nice contemplative (reflective?) feeling to me :D

Lady Carol
05-20-2006, 01:12 PM
LOVE IT. This is so strong in its simplicity and yet it is very appealing.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dreamz
05-20-2006, 02:17 PM
generally abstracts leave me scratching my beard, but some you just like. This just seems to dance and shout:thumbsup:

chinalou
05-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the kinds reviews guys.
I agree myself with you Carrie, Maureen and Dreamz: I don't much understand abstracts, but I know what I like. As I result I try not to think too much about them, and just feel whatever I feel when I see it.
This one for me was about strength, tranquility, and contemplation (reflection in many senses of the word). Thats all!
Though I love that an abstract can mean many things to many people.
Thanks for looking!
cheers, Lou

dolittle
05-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Lou, I like absolutely everything about this piece. Quite stunning in its simplicity and warm rich colours. Very very nice indeed.

Europa
05-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Wow this is the second abstract here that I can actually 'see' something in it - although it may not be what you deemed it would be - but to me I think of the graphics you see on an equaliser when music is being played - I imagine it to be something rousing blaring out which is reflected in the vibrant background.

Pat

chinalou
05-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the comment Pat, and I see what you mean. After finishing this one it occured to me that it looked a little like the readings from the electrocardiograph machine to test your heart rate... thats not far from the equaliser graphics!
Like I've said before, I've always loved that one piece can have many interpretations!

idylbrush
05-23-2006, 03:38 AM
I have had to look at this several times over the last few days. It took some reflection, I really do like the elegant simplicity of the work and the color, while simple, seems to have a rather sophisticated aire to it. I thinik it well done. Sometimes there appears to be an ah ha moment and it is those little gems we are waiting for it seems.