PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Saturday May20****

sweetapplez
05-20-2006, 01:25 AM
I'll start the wash tonight. This is a first for me. Hope I did this right.

Hellooooo. Is anybody out there??

Trish

Lulu
05-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi Trish:wave:
you did well to get wet first!! :)

Been another great day in Cambridge, up to 18C and I have mostly been gardening. Went to the garden shop this morning for more plants - a trip best taken without one's husband! lol (otherwise I hear 'Where are you going to put that??" or 'Boy that's dear!" :D
Bought two bouganvilleas (sp?), a beautifully fragrant gardenia, some poly's and some geraniums for a hanging basket.
Hope this wonderful weather continues on into next week.

Gearing up to watch the semi-final of rugby Super 14 tonight. NZ Crusaders v Sth African Bulls. Here's hoping for a NZ win - natch!

Haven't read yesterday's wash yet, hope everyone is okay.

Huggles,
Lulu:wave:

sweetapplez
05-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Where is everyone tonight? Left town?
I've had a very busy day and I'm pooped. Did a whole bunch of weeding and I just know I'll be paying for it tomorrow.

Also major grooming on my dogs.(yorkies) I've been keeping Ruby's hair in a show cut-very long but it is so silky it tangles easily. Getting too much work so decided to clip it much shorter. Only got her face, head and beard done today. She looks so funny, half done. Will finish the job tomorrow.

Any computer whizzes out there? I have this problem. Keep getting messages that I'm low on virtual memory and windows is increasing it. What the heck is this all about? I've just ignored it and it doesn't seem to be causing operating difficulty but it is bugging me.

Trish

sweetapplez
05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Lulu..Hi. I know just what you mean re husbands. Luckily mine doesn't bother with my gardens except to do the lawns. I like it that way. I'm sure he'd be pulling out all my plants if I let him loose.
Trish

plec
05-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Hi Trish, Lulu, if you are still up, it's 7.40am here in GB.
Ken.

sweetapplez
05-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Hi Ken. Still up, been looking around the gallery. Almost the bewitching hour here so will be heading off to bed soon.
Trish

Europa
05-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Morning Trish - Lulu and Ken - just passing through - was out with the girls last night - have decided am getting too old to be out carousing till all hours nowadays.....lol

Anyhoos - am going back to bed - cya'll later

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Nandie
05-20-2006, 03:06 AM
I'm low on virtual memory and windows is increasing it. What the heck is this all about? I've just ignored it and it doesn't seem to be causing operating difficulty but it is bugging me.

Trish I have the same problem lately! My virtual memory keeps flying out the window. I also just ignore it and I continue to operate without much difficulty. I don't let it bug me..... Ithink ignorance is bliss. :lol:

(sorry, I know I wasn't much help there.......) :lol:

Roun2it
05-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Mornin’ each:wave:

Well it’s raining stair-rods here and no let up all night. Can’t believe I live in the same country that has a water ban, and drought orders. :lol:

WARNING..Geek bit coming for those who don't want to know about Virtual Memory don't read this bit!!:lol:
Trish I'll try to answer your problem here, this has happened to me also. First of all Virtual memory is hard disk space used for temporarily storing RAM contents in order to make more free for use by an active program, your operating system, Windows, has the facility to set the size of virtual memory. If virtual memory is reported to be low this is usually because it has been allocated insufficient disk space for efficient operation.

To change virtual memory on XP....go control panel<>system<>advanced tab<>advanced tab (again)<>virtual memory box at the bottom press the change button ..you can increase it as you wish ...but don’t do too much possibly set it for something like 1150 meg.. If your hard disc can afford it.

For instructions on how to …. Using Microsoft support go here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260424

It is the lack of RAM type memory, that causes this and this is because lots of computers are sold with 250meg but really to run XP and large progs like Photoshop you need to add more, 500meg or even 1gb if your motherboard will take it.

It is a simple and rather cheap upgrade in computer terms, and will make the biggest difference in speed you can do when upgrading. You just buy a Memory card compatible for your computer and push it into a slot on your motherboard. And that’s it. The tricky part is finding the compatible card. If you need more info just PM me.

Hope that helps you too Andrea, and have you got a key for those cuffs, it's beginning to chaff, and I'll never manage to open Trisha's box with these on to install her memory for her:D

I managed to fix my friends computer yesterday, he gave me a nice little pressy of A Cotman No16 Round Brush and 25 quarter sheets of Fabriano paper. And he gave me an impromptu lessons on colour values and mixing, he used to demonstrate for W&N. He is in his 80's now but still teaches and demonstrates, he is a marvel. I still need to get him on the internet, but he keeps putting it off, we are going to try again after I return from holiday.

Roun2it
05-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Sorry - Extra Geek bit

If you don't know how much ram you have gotto Control Panel > System > Click on the General Tab if it hasn't defaulted there and somewhere in that box it will tell you about your computer, Make, Name, Processor size AND the size of your RAM.

laudesan
05-20-2006, 04:01 AM
I am sure I have a leaking something. All my oomph is leaking out somewhere....................

We went shopping to buy a couple of bit and pieces and a sponge so I can wet my paper without marking it.

Alan decided he needed a car washing sponge too when we were at the store. Come home - he unpacked everything - can't find my sponge. :(

So.............. he doesn't have a car cleaning sponge anymore..;)

He wanted to cook dinner tonight and make his rissoles..

News is on and I need to put my feet up. maybe it is all leaking out of my feet..:(

plec
05-20-2006, 04:06 AM
JJ wear tighter socks,
Kev. could you keep the rain over there please.
Ken.

doubleL
05-20-2006, 04:25 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/81323-mor1_64.gif
Good morning Trish:wave:

Hi Lulu :wave: I love bouganvilleas ( I don't know how to spell them either lol) they smell heavenly don't they!

Good morning Pat, Kev, Andrea, Ken, JJ :wave:

Another bright and sunny morning. Hope everyone is doing fine.

Llalena

plec
05-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Morning LLalena, nice flowers.
Ken.

Lulu
05-20-2006, 05:35 AM
H'llo again:wave:
Wow, exciting rugby, NZ Crusaders won:) Finals next w/end between 2 NZ teams.
Hi Ken, yes, still up but only just.

Hi Pat, I'm well past carousing with the girls! lol except when we nursies get together:D And we're having another one of those in October.

Kev, are you going on holiday again?? Wonderful life you lead;) lol

(((JJ)))

Llalena, have said it before (I think), what a pretty name you have.
(You have too Kev):p:p:p

Hi Andrea, throw away the key!!! :lol:

Nitey nite all, off to bed, perchance to dream...............I could write a book about my dreams!
:wave:

laudesan
05-20-2006, 06:15 AM
way to go NZ..

Roslyn just emailed me some baby photos'..

Tada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte in her new pink dress..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/22284-Charlotte_in_pink_dress2.JPG
Got to go.................... in pain tonight..

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Trish, congrats on your first wash, :clap:

Bought two bouganvilleas Lulu, never heard of them but I'm sure they are a nice flower.enjoy your day out at the rugby,
while typing this out you've been congrats to the crusaders, now you can go and have a few touch downs, in your dreams.

Kev, well done with the computer info, I let my son in law sort all my problems out, infact I don't have any problems he's always one step ahead of me, he can't stand the grief off this silver surfer.
you do get your fair share of rain your neck of the woods don't you, and I'm not complaining.

JJ I wouldn't let Alan in the kitchen tonight, he might serve you up a SPONGE puddin for afters. :lol:

Llanena, nice flowery motif this morning, you look lovely in pink. :o

Ken from yesterdays post, dahlias are easy to grow, :rolleyes: they need a little more care in the early stages of growth when they are lush end tender, the slugs love them. they are very popular over the northeast area I know a lot of growers over there.

Andrea, Morning:wave:

laudesan
05-20-2006, 06:23 AM
JJ I wouldn't let Alan in the kitchen tonight, he might serve you up a SPONGE puddin for afters. :lol: Now you could be right..;) HHe says he has no idea where my sponge went you know, and he isn't worried as it only cost 2.00 .....but if you lost 2.00 a day for 365 days that is 730.00 lost..:eek:

He said he will go buy himself another car sponge..:p :D

plec
05-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Jim,
My delias were either eaten or the flower buds seemed to turn to mush.(techical term), I think I should really consentrate on slug growing I feel that is where my talent lies. Something is even eating my sweetpeas now.
Ken.

painterbear
05-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Good Morning all,
Just about 6:30 a.m. here in Oakwood. I can actually see some beautiful blue sky and sunlight outside my window! Today is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous! :clap:

We went to the garden center yesterday and bought our veggies and some flowers. We got 6 tomato plants (2 each of 3 varieties); 4 Japanese eggplant (long ones like zucchini instead of round like the Italian type); 2 semi-hot pepper plants (mainly for me ;) )—the rest of the veggies will be planted from seed. Then we picked up begonias, impatiens, petunias, and a couple of other kinds of flowers for the front of the house and walkway.

We also took our cover off the garden, I'm afraid to look this morning in case the mystery digger came around last night. :eek: May not get around to planting anything until Monday because we are having company for dinner tomorrow and will need to get the house all polished up and prep work done today. ;)

Shameless Self-Promotion ahead: I posted a painting in the Gallery that I used for a Pour Demo at the Spring Fling. You can see it http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4633442here if you like. :p

Lulu, Have fun planting your garden goodies!

Kev, What a wonderful thank you gift from your friend. Of course, I'd be willing to bake you a pie or cake if you were close enough to come work on MY computer. ;)

JJ, Your little Charlotte is beautiful. Love her little pink dress. LOL! re Alan losing out on the Sponge Wars!

Jimmy, My Dad was a wonderful gardener. Dahlias were one of his favorite flowers, too, along with roses and a huge veggie garden.

Waving :wave: to Trish, Ken, Pat, Andrea, Llalena, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

jaytee
05-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Morning ( just ) All :wave:

Stair-rods here too.......ditto re hosepipe bans !!!! Thanks goodness it wasnt mini meet this w/end

Just been to the white light & prayers thread......... lots of help needed there. ......especially today for Otter, Becky and Christies oldest pet....... so even if you dont visit regularly please send healing and comforting energy their way....... as well as to those already on our list.... and in other individual threads.......

Wheat has finally hit the target here, sadly....not 'real bad', but enough to keep me awake till dawn , so its back off the menu :crying:

Not an inspiring day..... may try a bit of decluttering in small bites.......

Wondering if first weekend in June would be a better one for 2007 Minimeet in Kington.........

brekkie/brunch calling

H&S BBL

doubleL
05-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Hi Ken :wave: thx

Good night Lulu sleep tight and sweet dreams....and thank you.

Originally Posted by dahliaman
JJ I wouldn't let Alan in the kitchen tonight, he might serve you up a SPONGE puddin for afters
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thx Daliaman ;)

JJ thx for sharing isn't she a cutie!!!!!

Hi Syl :wave: your painting is beautiful

Hi Jaytee :wave: enjoy your lunch

get well soon wishes to everyone who is in need of http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/81323-getqwell1_2.gif

Llalena

Maffet
05-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Hellooo to all :wave:

Dahlia> Bougenviles are simply great, easy to care for, but they need a lot of sun and some shaded warm place by the wall, than they have planty of flowers and their leaves are wanderfuly intensive. When we have them in a greenhouse, so in winter they are nearly pink but in summer the same plants can have deep purple false flowers :-)

Here something new....

my new stairs ... they will still need one layer of color to be the same shade like beams, but thery are lovely even now. I think I will do it tomorrow :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/8104-newstairs.jpg

Here is another look, this time from bottom up to my little bedroom. The space in this floor is very small and it's not made for human of normal size.
And of course new "ocre" floor in bathroom. It looks dark, but walls will be finaly very light - combination of white, neapol yellow and gold :-) I hope.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/8104-koupelna.jpg

Next photo ... hope you will not kill me for such a big pictures, I tried them do as small files as for bites. :-) This is part of my future floor leading to kitchen. It names is "Galicia" and I think I choose nice combination, when dark is outside and create frame for decorative line and inner space will be whole in burn umbra in cotto style. It goes very slowly, because my father had some little medical operation and we have to go slowly, each weekend we do two lines of tiles.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/8104-technicke-zazemi.jpg

That big holes are technical background. In the biggest one will be boiler for water and first one .... who knows ... maybe space for boots :-)

And last photo .... these are old stairs, over hundred years old and vere never repaired so there will be planty of sanding, we have to also repair walls and do some painting. There is one tricky thing. Woodcuters removed one beam but they had to add another going down ... you can see diffrent colors. We have to keep old stairs dark so I think I will do some decorative strip from polymer cly with some metalic patine to hide this place. I got idea to do it with sun and moon - so bottom part will be night and upper day :-)))
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/8104-stareschody.jpg

Have a lovely day :wave:

Jana

Little Old Lady
05-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Greetings:wave:
another run through. There is a village wide rummage sale today and our church is taking part. Spent yesterday helping price and will be there at 7 to get things out.
Will get my new computer Monday. Hope things will go faster and I can participate a little more.
Have a good one.
Alphabet soup
:grouphug:
JoAnn

butterfly.art
05-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Jana, your work seems to be coming along nicely.

JJ, I am so sorry you are not feeling well.

:wave: ing to Trish, Lulu, Andrea, Pat, Jimmy, Ken, Kev, Sylvia, Jaytee, LLalena, JoAnn

Pheeew. Hope I haven't forgotten anyone!!!!!!!!!

So so day today. Nothing special.

Will BBL Tricia

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Ken, I'll put money on it it'll be Mr Slug :lol:

Uschi
05-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! A little sunshine here and there, more rain this evening.

SLUG CONTROL THAT WORKS - crush up egg shells and place around plants. The sharp edges of the egg shells tears their stomach.

Jana, this is quite the project, stairs and tiles are looking wonderful!!!

:wave: to always busy JoAnn

Sylvia, will look at your demo in a minute, it looked great from what I saw in the Spring Fling thread!!

JJ, Gosh Charlotte looks sooooo cute!! :lol: re sponge

Llalena, such pretty greetings!!!

Kev, I'll be printing your info out for future use, thanks!

Lulu, always chuckling at your Fall gardening, the only thing people buy here in Fall is Chrysantemums and they mostly stay in pots

JJ, will look in the "white Light" thread, was wondering where Becky and Otter went.

My friend Audrey (MY DIL's mother) and her husband finally moved into their new condo, months by months their move was delayed by the builders over a year. So we are all going to have a look and probably dinner afterwards, they are in Toronto.

:wave: to one and ALL and wishing everyone a good day!!!
Uschi

Christie
05-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Morning All!

Sounds like people are doing well.:) Can't grow dahlias. Either I do not pay the enough attention or too much attention. I expect that I should also take up slug farming...:D

Have to get moving today as there is a great deal happening between vet appointments and ballet classes and maybe some gardening (if it does not rain).:)

Hi to everyone and white light to all who need it.

Take care.

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Syvia, the times I've heard that said travelling around the country "my Dad use to grow Dahlias" :smug: I love it :lol: :thumbsup:

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Uschie, eggshells tearing open Mr Slugs belly :eek: how cruel can you get :lol:

jde
05-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Good morning, how is everyone today? It's rainy and chilly so lots of indoor tasks will get done around here.
Lulu, your fall gardening sounds like summer around here...
JJ, Charlotte is darling!
Jana, wow, what a project. With your touch, this will be beautiful when done.
Jimmy, I saw some dahlias at the store, was tempted to buy them but really don't know how to care for them. I'm very inexperienced at gardening, things seem to die around me.
Llalena, I agree, what a pretty name you have.
JT, sorry the wheat isn't going to work for you. At least you know what to avoid. Hope you feel alright.
Hi to anyone I forgot. I hope it's a good day!

My big excitement for the week? Our bank account was robbed!!!!! Someone set up an on-line account using our stolen information. Apparently this was done last July and the account sat untouched until early this week. A few days ago the account was cleaned out! Imagine my husband's surprise when he started to do some banking yesterday! Luckily the bank was great to deal with and we'll be reimbursed, and so far some check recipients have been understanding so the damage is minimal, more inconvenience than anything else. I'm still a little shocked, you know you hear stories but it sure hits home when it happens to you! Lesson learned, watch your back!!!! Actually, real lesson: periodically check your accounts/credit. You just never know!

Have a nice day!!!!

Julie

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Jimmy, I saw some dahlias at the store, was tempted to buy them but really don't know how to care for them. I'm very inexperienced at gardening, things seem to die around me.
I would keep wetting your brushes Julie, if every thing dies around you!!! I don't want a Dahlia killer on my conscious :lol: :lol: :evil: :p

jde
05-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Jimmy, it's a deal!:thumbsup:

Julie

Starsprite
05-20-2006, 09:59 AM
SLUG CONTROL THAT WORKS - crush up egg shells and place around plants. The sharp edges of the egg shells tears their stomach.

GROSSSSSS!!!!! Bloody slugs with their guts hanging out!!!! :eek: :eek:

I hate slugs though....they are UGLY!!!! :D

Hey I bought some orange Dahlias a couple weeks ago and they are STILL alive!!!! I have them on a sunny porch and just give them water every couple of days. How do YOU take care of them Jimmy??????

What a beautiful baby JJ!!!!!

Love those tiles Jana!!!!!

You have such great animations LL!!!

Not a lot happening here...I may get to paint some today!! Yippee!!!

Have a good one! :wave:

keysgram
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
G'mornin all!!

Uschi, I had no idea you had such a dark side:eek::evil::lol:

Julie, be careful that your identity hasn't been stolen!! :eek:

Hello :wave: Trish, Lulu, Pat, Tricia, Joann, Llalena,Ken,Andrea, Jim, Patty!:wave:

((((Jaytee)))

Sylvia - WOW!! gorgeous painting!!!:clap:

(((JJ)))- Hope you get that leak fixed:wink2: Excellent strategic move with the sponge:evil: :evil: That Charlotte is one beautiful baby:) :)

Kev, Great Geek Gods!!! You are pretty handy to have around!:evil: :)

Looking forward to a nice day here. Hope to pick up my brushes - gosh I haven't done a thing since I got back from holidays...

Hi to anyone I may have missed and all yet to come:wave:

Linda

JustjoGA
05-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, Good Morning, Washer Folks...

76F already at 10:30am my time, looks to be a warm
one... overcast but bright ... so who knows, maybe
rain, maybe not... Weather people put in 20% chance
just to CTA I think...

My heart goes out to our (((Otter))) this morning ...
Her post is in the White Light thread ... She needs us
... I too have a 45 year old son, and it hurts to think
about their pain. Also thinking of ((Jackie)) today too.

I am also on the puny list still today... bad night, restless,
wakeful, achey (understatement!) More rest today looks like.

We had lots of bouganvilla when I lived in Phoenix ... such
bright cheerful colors ... I pruned roses in my yard planted
by a previous tenant... but that was the extent of my yard/garden
work :) Just not an outside person...

I am, like Lyn, still enjoying reliving last weekend
at the Fling, and looking forward to next year's...
Hope more WC'ers will sign up then...

I've been reading a whole list of novels based in Medieval
Scotland ... love that place, and reading about the countryside,
houses/castles/manors, dress, customs, food, and language...
Entertaining and educational for me.

More later ... must get my second cuppa ... and a bite.

:wave: to all here, AWAYTC :grouphug: HAWLTAIN and Soup!

JustJo

CharM
05-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Good morning Washers... Ted and I have been to the Nursery this morning already... It's more cloudy than sunny in SW Ontario, but at least it's not raining!

We also bought some tomato plants to augment the ones I started in my newspaper pots, some peppers (both hot and bell), dutch sets for spanish and green onions... We also bought a few bedding plants, mainly petunias, to add some colour to the garden... We also plant up our large patio pots in geraniums, so have those as well...

Everything is still pretty wet, so I'm not sure that we'll start planting today... I think I can get my patio pots done, at least...

I was hoping it would warm up enough that I could paint out of doors, but so far it's still too cool... heck... the FURNACE is running!!!

Congratulations on starting the Wash, Trish!!! Have you cleaned up your temp files lately? And defragged your harddrive?? Your computer is trying to tell you that it needs a good housecleaning... :D

:wave: Lulu... you are gardening in the fall and we're just starting in our spring... Typically, our fall activities include preparing everything to fight against the deep frost and winter's cold!

Hiya, Ken, Pat... Pat...Pat!, Llalena, and Nandie... hehehe

Hi Kev... I have a #16 Cotman round and I REALLY like it... lucky you... great friend... wonderful friendship!

Awwwwh... Charlotte is sure a sweetie... kissable tooties... :D And poor Alan... :lol: JJ... he'll never change, you know...

:wave: Jimmy.... missing Jean yet??? :p

Syl... great minds must think alike... your nursery trip sounds very much like ours... any word on Atticus yet?

Your apartment (flat) is really beginning to take shape, Jana... I love your tile choices!!! And I hope your Father is getting better, too...

That's exciting news, JoAnn... I'm just glad that you poke your nose in when you can to let us know everything is ok... and that you're just as busy as ever...

Hi Uschi!!! Want some bunnies??? Four of them in the yard last night... We watched them playing while we sat on the porch after dinner with our coffee... I told Ted we should just start a petting zoo... we have bunnies (of course), racoons, kitties, possums... :lol:

(((JT))) I'm so sorry that you're feeling punky... will get over to the White Light thread...

Hi Tricia!

((Christie))...

Julie, our debit card was compromised a little over a year ago... we had deposited a significant amount of money in our chequing account because the property taxes were due, it was time to buy RRSP's (like your IRA's), etc. Cleaned us out... and the bank wasn't particularly helpful... our account was insured, so we knew that we'd be reimbursed, but it didn't help pay the taxes on time!!! :eek:

Happy painting Spritey and Linda!!!

((Jo)) There's going to be a medieval faire in our neck of the woods the first weekend of June!!!

ok... I have to get moving... stuff to do... beaming warm thoughts and positive energy to all... hawltain!

mmcaloon
05-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Good Morning All

bouganvilleas.... now that you brought it up all I can think of is this song with the lines

"She wears bouganvillea blossoms
you pluck them from her hair
And toss them in the tide
Sweep her in your arms
And carry her in side.

Her sighs catch on your shoulder
Her moonlit eyes grow bold
And wiser through the tears
And how can you stand
to leave her for a year"

Oh well got to run. Back from my bike ride and got to shower and get ready to go to an "Art WalK" at a local town. HAWLTAIN BBL

artmom
05-20-2006, 12:59 PM
I'll just :wave: to everyone above and to AWAYTC!

i feel much better today than I did yesterday. Of course, sleeping for about 13 hours (during actual night :eek: ) helped tremendously. So, I'm feeling good today! :clap:

GD Alex is coming over this afternoon--she wants to watch the Preakness (she's horse crazy and rides wonderfully) and "visit" while her parents go to dinner and to see The De Vinci Code. I'm looking forward to our visit, because she hasn't been around much because of my sickness, then last weekend's Fling and her 3 performances as Little Red Riding Hood in the "Trial of the Big Bad Wolf."

Well, it's lunch time, so I need to take a break from the computer.

HAWLTAIN

May your today be better than my yesterday.

Lyn

thommo
05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
jimmy

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/12643-PICT0219.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/12643-Picture052.jpg

and this from the balcony of the appartment in our fav resort Kalymnos Greece
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2006/12643-PICT0002_copy.jpg

jaytee
05-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Well the rain stopped soon after I brunched so I popped out into the garden ....... just come back in.........5 hours later.... fifthy from clasping large muddy plants to my chest while playing musical plants AGAIN :D I think the mini meeters would still recognise MOSt of it though ... though their paintings might not look the same :lol: :lol:

Jana... your flat is looking fantastic already..........thanks for the pics :)

Lyn.... 13 hours sleep !!!! I think you just broke my record !!!!!!

Fantastic bourganvillea (sp?) pics thommo :)

I keep telling the froads to upgrade their slug eating.... but they just look at me :rolleyes:

CRS vans been back .... sorry !!!

butterfly.art
05-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Just a quick visit as I am trying to keep up in the gallery!!!

Hello, Lyn, so glad you are feeling better today.

JustJo, sorry you are still not so good :(

Julie, how awful, re your bank account. You really can't be too careful.

Hi, Char, Patty, Linda. And Jaytee.

I have lots of Bougainvillea in my garden - pink, purple, peach, orange and red. It grows well here and tolerates the heat and dry soil.

Maybe back later

Tricia

N.B. Jimmy - better watch out, Jeans back tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

artmom
05-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Thommo, are those pics for snagging? I particularly like the alleyway!

Jaytee, every so often my body just has to rest--big time!:lol: It picked last night. I was in my recliner before going to bed, and kept dozing off, so my sleep was actually longer! :eek:

Hi, Tricia! Yes, Jimmy needs to keep an eye out! :lol:

Lyn

thommo
05-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Lyn yes no problem:)

madmum
05-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Evening gang! :wave:

What a day! Up early to take Craig and Katy for eye tests, they've both worn glasses since they were tiny, then shopping, then I saw Craig, Amy and DH off to Leicester for the Conference Play-off final between Hereford and Halifax (soccer, the winners get promotion into a higher league). Peace this afternoon, then I watched the match on Sky :eek: I have a headache now, from too much shouting and stress! Hereford WON!!!!! 3 goals to 2 after extra time, and in spite of the Hereford goalkeeper being knocked out with 10 minutes to go - he still got up and produced a magnificent save! :clap:

I think my family will be happy! I'm not, though, the tumble dryer seems to be on the blink again, not warming up. Time for a new one! Luckily the rain we had earlier cleared and we now have blue skies, and wet clothes are drying quickly.

Julie, I check accounts all the time, and shred every piece of paper with anything that could be used to set up accounts/credit cards. I'm glad your bank was understanding and helpful!

Thommo, great photos!

Lynmom, so happy that you caught up on sleep! :)

My head is throbbing, just thought I'd better report in!

Hugs to all, and white light to those in need,

Ruth

footman
05-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Saw lots of Hereford United Football Club busses in Leicester this afternoon - thought of you and your family of fans. Hope your head is better soon!

Kate

madmum
05-20-2006, 04:18 PM
LOL Kate, I believe there were 18 coaches? My lot went in a people carrier, so they should be home earlier. I'm relieved, another year of the conference would have been miserable! My head is pounding - painkillers and a lie down might be a good idea, but we have Eurovision on :eek:

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks Thommo,
now I know what they look like, I have seen them growing in spain, but I haven't seen them here in the UK.

cheeers for the photo's, there great.

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Come on Mike!!! lets hear you sing it :evil:

:music: She wears Bourganvilea blossoms:music:

:music: you pluck them from her :music: Hair:music:

ta ra :lol: :lol: :lol:

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Lyn
Hi, Tricia! Yes, Jimmy needs to keep an eye out!

Tricia
N.B. Jimmy - better watch out, Jeans back tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebody is winding me up:rolleyes: :lol:

I'm gettin Butterflies :eek:

sweetapplez
05-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi washers, I'm back and my v. mem is too.

Kev..thanks for your help. I PM'd you.

Ruth..so sorry your head is aching. Hope it is not a migraine! They can be killers!

thommo..super pics. Thanks for sharing. I snagged that middle one too.

Lyn..glad you got a good sleep. It really does make a difference in how well you feel.

Tricia..lucky you to have those beautiful flowers in your garden. So colourful.

JT..gardening for 5 hours straight! How do you do it? I'd be dead!

Mike..interesting song. Don't know it. Have fun on your art walk.

Char..thanks for the puter tips. I try to keep up with the regular maintenance.
DH just ran a systems mechanics program for me and it cleaned up alot of stuff. Also did some of Kev's suggestions. I am so techie challenged. Pathetic!

Jo..hope you feel better soon. Hugs. I love reading those novels too. Feel like I'm learning a bit of history at the same time.

Linda..Hi. Have fun painting.

Spritey..Hi. Nice to have a day off to paint. Another full sheet?

Julie..scary business. Nice to know the bank was understanding.

Christie..Slugs are a real problem here and can't use bait because of the dogs. Snails are even more a problem. How is your doggie today??

Jana..your apt. is really coming along. Like your flooring. Great tiles.

Sylvia..looked at your pour thread. Lovely. Commented there.

Uschi..thanks for the egg shell tip. Do you think it would work for snails as well? I've heard wood ashes will work too, but haven't tried it.

Jimmy..Too many slugs, too much rain when they're starting to flower..that's my problem. I'll just have to enjoy yours through pics.

JJ..what a sweetie is little Charlotte. Ah paintings coming up?

Ann..you are one busy lady. Glad you keep in touch.

Pat..hope you are over your late night antics. Totally agree it is much harder than it used to be.But do you think it is what goes along with the late nights, like one too many, that makes us feel bad? Is for me.

Must get a wiggle on(someones fav saying,who??)
Cheers....Trish

JustjoGA
05-20-2006, 06:02 PM
It comes from Ruth (Madmum) Trish... and has
caught on somewhat :D

JustJo

sweetapplez
05-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh thanks Jo. Kinda like that saying. Are you feeling a little better now?
Trish

JudyL
05-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Hiya :wave:
Had a wonderful time at the ballet last night, g-neice (15) was in most of the dances, she is really very good. We had a lovely chocy dessert from Costco, yummmm
DH and DS took BART in to SF today to check on their numbers for tomorrows race, DS got up here at 2AM so came home and dozed in the chair
Doug, take the advice and go shopping for paints there, cheaper too I'll bet!
Today I did laundry and little else, but did some sketching, neice's kids, have asked me to do some of my waitress type paintings for them. I think I will do one for each, the boy (5) is going to be a problem, only thing that comes to mind is a pirate, which he loves. So far I have sketches for a ballet dancer, an artist, a soccer player, and a lion tamer for the girls, the lion tamer? you would understand if you knew her.
They also have aquired a dog, 6 mos old part husky. He is a timid thing, an barks with his tail between his legs. They are his 3 or 4th owner. Think he will shape up well, he took to us well and tollerates children using him as a pull toy.
Later
TTFN
JudyL

dahliaman
05-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Trish,
Jimmy..Too many slugs, too much rain when they're starting to flower..that's my problem. I'll just have to enjoy yours through pics.
I can see your concern about poison pellets being left around,

I have heard about and tried egg shells, it didn't work for me and they attract flies "YUK"
depending on the size of your garden area there is a product called cocoa shells that I have tried in the past that do work.:thumbsup:

when you plant out spread a layer around the plant area, when it rains they dry out, the cocoa shells knit together and go hard and make a rough surface of which they don't like to venture over, same theory as egg shells.

there are pluses as well, you get a faint aroma of chocolate with it. :evil:

Beware!!! this can be fatal to some WCers that I am not going to mention, :rolleyes:

plus it is Bi grade-able at the end of the season and enriches the soil :smug:

Snails usually come from walls and hidey places, under pots and the likes.

now here's one for you, I throw mine in the middle of the road????

it's not cruel :confused: they have a 50/50 chance of getting to the other side. :lol: :evil: :p

Yorky
05-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi folks :wave:

It's been a wonderful sunny day here after apparently 3 weeks of rain.

We have had visitors - a friend of Adrienne's who comes from Blackburn UK and has a 5 month old daughter and her husband. After lunch we went to the local park so that Alexander could have a run around and play on the swings.

A lovely day and tomorrow we drive down to Lima Ohio to visit my neice Janet and her husband.

Sorry I'm not getting much time here - busy enjoying my holiday.

Doug

laudesan
05-20-2006, 08:49 PM
JJ... he'll never change, you know... nope........:p he sure keeps m on my toes..

I am sitting here thinking seriously of packing up my pleine air kit and getting Alan to drive me down tot he waterfront. He bought a new book yesterday so he will be happy reading while I paint.

I upped my pain meds last night so can at least walk well hobble today..

Slugs hate salt too..;)

Bet the birds love you Jim..:lol:

(((((Julie & Hubby))))) I have a paper shredder and I shred everything all my receipts even from grocery shopping.. Lousy world we live in hey..:(

well I am going to move my sorry butt, or at least try, ...................go downstairs and see if I can find my pleine aire kit..

Nandie
05-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Jimmy, I thow my garden snails onto the middle of the parking lot! :lol: I've used dishes of beer in the garden to attract & drown slugs with some success. It's icky though, cleaning up the dead bodies afterward floating belly-up in the beer. And my neighbour used to cry when he saw me pouring out good beer for the slugs! OH, and when my boys were little I would give them bamboo shish-kebab skewers and tell them to go make slug-kabobs! They had great fun trying to see who could skewer the most slugs onto a single stick......

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin!!! You were so excited about the handcuffs when I first brought them out and now you've tired of the game so quickly!! The key? I used to have a key.... somewhere.... at one time........ I think I may have misplaced it! Maybe it's gone the way of Banxy's R*PE??? :evil:

lizcar57
05-20-2006, 10:29 PM
:eek: :eek: OH NO!!!!:eek: :eek:

Not the k*yS:eek:

Nandie
05-20-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm afraid so. Kevin and Mike are doomed to be shackled together for a very long time.... I sure hope they like each other! ;)

Nandie
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Whoops double post. Oh well.... I can add that at least it was THEIR insistence that got them into this pickle.

lizcar57
05-20-2006, 11:06 PM
It seems Kev & Mike do like each other, but close up????!!!!

Lulu
05-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Kev, Great Geek Gods!!! You are pretty handy to have around!:evil: :)

Not when he's handcuffed he's not:D
Any luck finding the key Andrea???;):lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi everyone:wave: coming in on the end of the wash, don't feel like getting my feet wet in a new one yet! lol

Beautiful baby Charlotte!

Beautiful pics Thommo!

Slugs & eggshells....................thanks Uschi!