PDA

View Full Version : smiling woman

TWTom
05-19-2006, 07:03 PM
mostly painter 9.5 charcoals. Started with rough outline tracing, and then just began to play. Fun. C&C welcomed. I'm working on thickening my skin.

Chiers
05-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Terrific Tom! I really like this style. The best things happen sometimes when we play.

Annie*M
05-19-2006, 09:38 PM
I think it is lovely and her eyes are smiling:)

Yako
05-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Wow! i like that happy face! Like the loose brushstrokes

TWTom
05-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Thank you so much. Sherry, I know! Good things happen when we relax and play. I have to learn to do that more. Toss out the stuff that didn't work, and don't worry so much.

Annie, yes, I loved the eyes on this one.

And Kareen, yes, I'm so pleased about the looser brush strokes. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to be a little more loose with my drawings.

Thank you all for your support. It uplifts me tonight.

barryt
05-20-2006, 03:56 AM
I like that Tom, a very fresh image. I hope you don't mean thickening your skin against criticism :) You certainly don't need to do that. I like your colours too.

justjean
05-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Great painting Tom :thumbsup: and I really like the style of this :)

TWTom
05-20-2006, 09:50 AM
I hope you don't mean thickening your skin against criticism :) You certainly don't need to do that. People here are so kind. But ya know, a great time occurs in all our lives when we tentatively post something we've been working on and we're not sure it's any good and someone suggests this or that way to improve it, and yet the sun rises up again the next morning and no walls collapse.

I get scared of criticism or even rejection, and it can freeze me in art (or love.) But it so good to learn how to handle it.

JCoop
05-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Tom, I really like the flare you've rendered in this portrait... and you've captured her sassy little smile.

Try to make criticism your friend... it can really be an ally towards improving. Keep the ones that seem resonate some truth and insight, and discard the rest. Most of the crits you get here are well meaning... and the ones that aren't don't count.;)

digistyle
05-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Very lively and playful. I like the strokes as much as the colors!

I get scared of criticism or even rejection, and it can freeze me in art (or love.) But it so good to learn how to handle it.
Not trying to play semantics, but my rule of thumb is to ignore criticism and embrace critiques. Tell me how to make it better not how bad it is!

LadyAlba
05-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I like this very fresh! :thumbsup:

TxAggieDarlin
05-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I agree with digi, but I think that is usually what we try and do...sometimes someone sees something I don't see or don't know how to do...

You did a great job with this and I agree, you should have fun and they don't all turn out great, but you learn w/ each one.

maria_khurram
05-29-2006, 04:47 AM
I like the colors and your style very much.

fugitive
05-29-2006, 07:24 PM
The work is fine and looks like something for magazine illistration(cover) is it by chance, that overly popular girl from Friends, who so many love.