PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Friday, May 19, 2006 ****

Christie
05-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Morning All!

Okay, looks good to start this.:)

I am about to go to bed. It has been a busy day between work and school. Oh and baking 60 lemon meringue tarts for Katherine's school. It is international feast day and children are bringing all kinds of different foods in.:)

Hope everyone has a great day. Will check in tomorrow morning.:)

take care.

laudesan
05-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I finished painting my Koi (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4630109#post4630109) this morning.. (Christie sent Chris and I to the naughty corner to paint) but by the time I had finished that we had cloud cover.

So I sit here looking out the window and every now and then the sun pops out and there are wonderful shadows then poof it is gone again. how can I get my life painting done.......grrrrrrrrrrrr

So............ Alan has just woken up and he saw my painting and liked it. Wow!!! He said it is frame-able.. Wow!!!

:wave:

Hugs and Love

artmom
05-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Hi, Christie and JJ!

Been cool (low 60s F) and rainy here today; more scheduled for tomorrow.

Had the neighbor's sons climbing on the roof to clean the gutters. Very agile guys and soooo polite, too. Nice to have teenage neighbors who answer that description. :D

Well, my eyes are beginning to cross, so I'll say "gooby" for a bit. See you later.

HAWLTAIN

May your today be really good.

Lyn

rue d'oak
05-19-2006, 02:04 AM
:wave: Morning!! UH, actually it's night...just in from a celebration for a retiring teacher (and friend) and a very well done but wierd play.

Feel like I'm getting in here EARLY..:eek: I guess this means that LATE my time gets me to the Wash EARLY. Uh, that's ok...my brain gets a little goofy by this time of night. Especially after champagne and oysters.

Darla, that is the BEST of news about Jeff. I believe in miracles.

Glad you all enjoyed "Char Holding the Fort"...so, ehem, Kev and Mike in handcuffs eh?? And all the OTHER mischeif makers around here??

Have a great morning all. See you later in the day!
Jen

plec
05-19-2006, 02:59 AM
Morning all
Christie I should be saying good night
JJ I've just popped over to look at your painting and alan obviously has good taste (I suppose that, as you were then when he woke he is your partner, so his good taste goes without saying).
lyn low 60's here would be the hight of summer
jen another good night

laudesan
05-19-2006, 03:15 AM
JJ I've just popped over to look at your painting and alan obviously has good taste (I suppose that, as you were then when he woke he is your partner, so his good taste goes without saying).Thank you.. :) And yes Alan is my DH and my #1 critique. He doesn't hold back either if he doesn't like he says so..p

I am watching Cheng-Khee Chee's (http://www.ccpvideos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ARTCKC) Saturated wet technique Dvd. He is painting koi. Amazingly beautiful!!!

Roun2it
05-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Mornin each:wave:

Low cloud and even lower rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plop plop!!!!!!!!

Got to go and see my artist friend today, he is still having computer problems, but he has been so busy demonstrating and running classes he hasn't had time to see me!!!! I mean no time for me, I feel hurt:D

I going to worry him today, I'm going to take my screwdriver!!!!!!!!!

If I'm home early enough I'm going to paint yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Can't get outside to do anything for the UKNIA ....... NAKUI ....... oh whatever thread:lol: it's windy and rainy, I may have to set up a still life.

plec
05-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Kev.
you must also take a hammer remember the old engineers rule if it moves when it should not, Duck tape.and when it does not move and it should wd40 if those do not work THE HAMMER
Ken

doubleL
05-19-2006, 04:48 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/81323-mor1_55.gif
Good night Christie

JJ looks trerrific, love the water texture wow

Hi Lyn, Jen, plec,

Kev I am shocked :eek: :lol: why not try this one ;)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/81323-i1_15.jpg

Sorry was not online the last 2 days dentist kinocked me out, though.
Off to see what's new at the gallery

:wave: to all already here and those yet to come :wave:
Llalena

butterfly.art
05-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Hello All

Goodnight to Christie, Lyn, and Jen who is goofy after drinking champers!

Afternoon/evening to JJ, Your DH is right -frame it.

Goodmorning to Ken and Kev ( they sound like the terrible twins or something!!):D. My DH finds a hammer usually works too.:lol:

Thanks to everyone who looked at my first post in the Gallery yesterday.

Darla, once again, great news about Jeff.

TTFN
Tricia

Hi Llalena, nearly missed you!

painterbear
05-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. I was here earlier but WC was taking its morning constitutional!

Good news from Darla in yesterday's Wash re Jeff! The power of people like the Watercolor artists here is mighty! Hope I can report good news about Atticus soon too.

JJ, Will zip over to see your Koi painting when I finish here. Glad your IHC (in house critic) liked it!

Funny remedies to computer problems. I feel like doing some of them at times but haven't....yet. :rolleyes:

Lyn, There was a story on our local news last night about damage to one of the neighboring towns' civic building caused by a clogged gutter...water came in and caused roof tiles to fall onto desks, etc. The cause of the clog was a bird's nest....filled with little baby robins. I didn't see the whole story so I don't know if they moved the nest or are going to wait til the fledglings leave. :rolleyes: The reporter very seriously looked at the camera and said "This is why it is so important to keep your gutters clear!" Duhhhhhhh!

Christie, You could have made 61 of those lemon meringue tarts and sent it to Ohio! You are making my mouth water thinking of 60 of those little beauties all lined up. Bet they went over well.

I haven't been to the Gallery in a week so will start off with JJ's koi and explore what I've missed.

Waving to all who were here before me and those still to come.

SYL,

Sylvia

Europa
05-19-2006, 05:11 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Waving to everyone :wave:

Just got up - not feeling too hot this morning - got physio today too - will wait and see if the meds kick in.

JJ - love that painting - agree with Alan - frame it!! :thumbsup:

Posted my first a*****c in the wash yesterday - just me 'having a go' - am quite chuffed with meself .......lol.....here it is for those who missed it. I didn't post it in any of the galleries as its just a practice kind of thing....although Jamie's fiance Debbie did ask me to paint The Scream for her - so if she is happy with my version she can have it! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/29499-The_Scream.jpg

Sending hugs all around

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

doubleL
05-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Hi Tricia :wave:
Good morning Syl :clap:

Pat that's an exellent painting of Munch's scream and well worth going into the gallery :thumbsup: colours are very vibrant and the impression of despair is absolute real :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nandie
05-19-2006, 05:48 AM
it is directions for Mark to get to Andrea's house. Apparently he likes women with handcuffs.

Although, now that I think about it, if he made a turn east on the Transcanada Highway, I could wave as he drove by the next day. I'm boring compared to Andrea though I could have my policeman brother stop by in the company car, just for Mark.

So there you go Mark (And Kevin and Mike and anyone else who likes handcuffs) you should go to Christie's house instead...... after all, her brother is a REAL policeman and has much bigger, stronger cuffs than the flimsey little ones I use :evil: I'm sure you'd like those better..... :lol:

jaydiva
05-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi Washers :wave:

Dull, cold and windy day over here, heat is turned back on, jacket and thick socks too :D

I'm totally sore and worn out ... might be the pottering and lifting tons of clay last night :D . I made another monumental, huge flower pot and stand ('cause my old one gave up on me). Who needs to go to a gym lifting weights ... :lol:

My bloodpressure sure is up this morning ... found a TICK crawling up my leg (DH of course not here) ... realised i had to somehow remove this bloodsucking murderinsect myself :eek: so i used to BBQ tongs to remove it :) (have to admit i thought about burning it at first ... on my leg :eek: stupid eh)

Pat, that's a great painting!!! You've got the colours down real well :thumbsup:

Also read about Jeff's news and sure hope all turns out ok. More White Light to him and his familiy!

This truckload of CRS hit us this morning ... can't remember all that was written ... maybe i should start chewing gum while reading the wash :D

I was going to paint pleine aire today (lilacs) but with the wind out ... nawww rather stay inside and try a stillife :eek:

see ya

laudesan
05-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Pat I think your painting is really neat. Way to go. Acrylics can be a lot of fun..:D Abstracts too..

Those Meeting abstracts of mine I painted in Orange went to Canada..:D I never dreamt anyone would want them but Johanne loved them and they are framed and on her wall.. Wow.. :D

Pants drying better get back to it.. ;)

Huge hugs to all those hurting, and a special one for young Atticus. He has been in my thoughts..

dahliaman
05-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Good morning everyone, :wave:

its a grey ol moody sky out there with a fresh wind a blowin,

another busy day ahead, starting with a visit to the plot to tidy it up a bit after the high winds we've had.

JJ I can detect you really enjoyed doing them Koi, I had a sneak preview at chee's DVD's, intresting. :clap:

Kev, keep the rain up your neck of the woods PLEASE!!!! :lol: :thumbsup:

Pat, its a scream :thumbsup: I think Debbie will frame it. :clap:

Have a great day everyone.

plec
05-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi Jim I was over your way last Friday, ( well the lakes anyway) and we had a fantasitic day temps 20degree.For all you members in other parts of the world 20degrees is hot for us!!
Ken.

Olga
05-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi all,
Darla--what an amazing and wonderful news about Jeff at the end of yesterday's Wash!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: Hope he continues improving!! White light still beaming that way!

Christie--you are making my mouth water...60 lemon meringue tarts??? WOW! or rather YUMMMM!

JJ--good to hear you are painting and pelased with it, too! I'll go look... Have not really been in the Gallery since I came back from Israel. (Anyone has some time on offer? I really could use a large extra supply... Sigh...)

Kev--you are going to worry your friend by visiting him with a screwdriver???? And I thought you were a gentle, hugging kinda guy...:p

All these handcuff stories making me worried, too... Play nice, kids!

Good job on that Munch, Pat!

(((((Jutta)))))--hope you get some elastic back soon! HUGS!

Waving :wave: to Lyn, |Jen, Llallena (lol at that cartoon--full empathy here), Tricia, Carol, and Sylvia and all ye4t to come...

Cold, rainy and windy here today... and they are predicting the same for the whole weekend...also for Paris. We are actually hesitating about going away since Gene is still feeling lousy... and crabby. We'll decide later today, but it looks like it may turn into a painting weekend at home after all and, truth be told, I would not be even that disappointed (we were planning to drive and staying with friends so no big planning was involved in this trip, which makes cancelling or postponing a matter of a phone call...but we'll see how Gene feels tonight and decide then).

We had some nice news from our older daughter from NY yesterday: first, she just booked a flight to visit in Sept. (still a long wait...but at least there are dates when she's coming and she'll be here for full 2 weeks :clap: :clap: :clap:) AND she had an evaluation at work with lots of kudos and praise and a 20% pay raise! So I am a happy mom today. :)

Better get back to work... Reading, reading, reading....I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon and have quite a stack of things to get through before that!

HAWLTAIN and :grouphug: and :heart:

If we go--have a good weekend everyone... and if we don't: see you later!

:wave:

Olga

doubleL
05-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Olga that's great news about your daughter :clap: sorry about Gene not feeling well and the Paris trip.

Jutta sorry to hear you're not feeling well. :eek: aren't that nasty little creatures:eek: Good luck with the still life

:wave: to Nadia and Jim

It's another beauty sunny day out there, just took a pic of this one. Maybe someone like to paint it

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/81323-mini-rhod_1.JPG

Europa
05-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Well I bit the bullet and posted it in the a******s forum here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347442)

More bad news - my sister in law Sandra rang to say that her older sister Audrey had a bad accident yesterday in the Lake District. She was getting onto a ferry when she slipped and fell down the steps knocking herself unconscious. She is in Lancaster hospital under sedation with bleeding in the brain - they say the outlook isnt good.

I know they say things come in threes but would prefer happy things rather than these sad occurrences that have happened.

Off to take SWMBO grocery shopping - later folks.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

doubleL
05-19-2006, 07:32 AM
((((Pat))) I am sorry to hear the bad news. Here's hope that she will get better soon. Your family certainly had had enough of bad things happens, though. Please keep us posted.

P.Albert
05-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Morning everyone! :wave:

I am not liking my DH on this shift at all! I hardly get anytime on the computer like I'm used to. And I found out yesterday that he will be on it all next week too. Yeesh! So if you don't see me for a while, I'm just lurking.

Morning Christie!

JJ, your kois are beautiful! I hope the weather makes up it's mind and you can paint your life painting.

Morning Lyn! I'd like to borrow your neighbor boys once in a while, lol. For yard work!

Morning Jen and Ken!

Morning Kev and LL!

Morning Tricia, I'll have to go and see your painting. I'm so far behind in the gallery I don't know if I'll ever catch up!

Morning Sylvia!

Pat, sorry you're not feeling well! I hope the meds work! Nice painting, by the way! And I'm sorry to hear about your SIL's sister! What a terrible accident!

Morning Andrea!

Hi Jutta! Yuck, TICKS!!! I could tell you a tick story from the other day involoving my cat having a dime size tick in a place no animal should EVER have to get them... But it still makes me gag just thinking of it. Eeew eeew eeew!!! Are you going to post a pic of your pot when it's finished? I love clay work, but I'm bad at it!

Morning Jimmy!

Olga, that would be awful if you have to cancel your trip! I hope Gene feels better and you have a nice weekend!

I have been working on landscaping most of the week, the area beneath my deck. The deck is second story in the back yard, and the area beneath it is sloped. So the *idiot* former HO decided to put in a gravel bed. With no retainer wall leveling the soil or anything. So it's been a huge pain in my rear the last three years as it would rain and the gravel washes down the hill leaving huge bare patches - and pools of gravel in the lawn.
Anyway, I built up the wall (dug the stones myself, very proud!) and leveled the soil. I was SUPPOSED to be finished yesterday, after replacing the weetarp and gravel and found there was not enough gravel so I ordered some. It was supposed to be here yesterday afternoon but they never showed up and the company wouldn't answer their phones. I'm not happy... I'm going to call them later this morning and complain a lot!

I have done some painting though, made good progress on my still life. Also, a couple days ago my Dear Husband got me a really nice present! He ordered me a roll of watercolor paper, that is 42" high and 30 feet long. Woohooooo!!! Gonna do a great big floral that will take me weeks and weeks! Yay! And I am set for paper for about a year or two, lol.

That's all my news, hope you all have a wonderful day!
I'll try and checkout the gallery in my remaining 10 minutes!

jaytee
05-19-2006, 07:46 AM
:wave: HI :wave:

Up late......and already behind..

got side tracked in the garden yesterday trying to anchor things.... you know, plants, trees, furniture - the usual - down in the howling gale !!! Great heads of lilac were blowing in from the neighbouring garden and all the end tips of the walnut tree branches... so no nuts fo the squirrels this year! The lombardy poplars were swaying so much my blood pressure was rising trying to calculate whether theyd miss my greenhouse /house :eek: when they fell........so far they havent.....fallen - not missed :rolleyes: .....and it freezing cold and MAY !!!!! The month of blossom and Maypoles !!!!

H & S & bbl maybe :D

leverettfinn
05-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Morning Washers :wave: ..

Christie....Gosh I'd love to see a photo of 60 lemon meringue tarts! drool drool drool....:D What a wonderful mom you are!

((((Pat)))) Like your painting too!...Hope things get better for you and yours.

Hi Olga...that will be a nice long visit with your daughter...and congrats to her! Sounds like a win-win for the weekend...paint in or Paris!:clap: Have fun whichever it is!

Sylvia...still thinking of sweet Atticus and your family....hope good news comes soon....

Jutta...do you need to worry about Lymes disease over there? It is a nasty thing over here (spread by ticks)...tough to diagnose...Hope you are feeling better soon...I just love your happy ceramic pieces!

:wave: to everyone else...

Went to see "Menopause the Musical" night before last...I think the three of us were the last women "of a certain age" :p who hadn't seen it in metro Detroit area....most have seen it at least once...It's been here for over 2 years....Just a hoot! I laughed through the whole thing :lol:

Going to see a friends show this afternoon...meeting another painter friend for lunch....supposed to golf this evening...but not if the weather stays like it is now!:eek:

I am trying to paint 4 hours 6 days a week....we'll see how that goes....

Gooby!
Lauren

Bob(2)
05-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Morning folks, just another warm day in Florida. Still under fire warning. Not much rain in sight. After all my hard yard work this week, I get to paint today..at last. Still trying to keep up with who is who here, etc...and getting to know everyone.

Started a funny thread, at least I hope it is funny, and it gives Kevin a up-lifting moment.

Have a great day and do good work!

laudesan
05-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Oh Pat I am so sorry........ (((((Audrey)))))

Uschi
05-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! We have sunshine, I don't know for how long but it sure cheers up the soul.

I am not sure yet what the day will bring, probably drawing my still life.

Darla, FANTASTIC News!!!

Sylvia, sending more white light and prayers toward little Atticus!!

This reminds me, especially considering Striders pneumonia, there is a shot available against it and very adviseable for people over 60.

Pat, sounds like you had fun "screaming" and it is very recognizeable so you did a good job!!! The parking thread is fun!!!

Olga, a painting weekend doesn't sound all bad, either way HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! and I am happy for you re good news from daughter!!!!

Jutta, be very careful re ticks, they can cause great harm, ask Jana aboaut it.

Destany, sounds like you are going to do a lot of large painting!!!!

LL, beautiful photo!!!!

JJ, will check out your Koi

Sending good thoughts to one and ALL, HAWLTAIN and :wave:
Uschi

CharM
05-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Good morning from the SW Ontario wetlands... there's no pleasing us, you know... we want rain, we need rain, we get rain... we complain about the rain on the plain... Is there no such thing as a happy medium??? :rolleyes:

Ted and I will get groceries this morning and then go to the nursery for bedding plants... my neighbour was *mudding* hers in yesterday... and maybe I'll splurge a little and buy a bouquet of fresh flowers... to paint from life... :D

I have to volunteer at the Gallery this afternoon for about an hour to do my orientation...

For all the FlyLadies... have a peek here at the Housekeeping Channel (http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/)

With only one wild kitty outside now (the others have flown the coop), and the two Moms are inside, food is sometimes left over in the dish... A racoon paid us a visit last night, enjoying the free meal... IBK was *talking* to her through the glass sidelights... :lol:

The two bunny babies have been busy eating the dandelion clocks... surprising, but true... and, Uschi, clearly a GOOD thing!!!

Oh, Pat... I'm so sorry to read about Audrey... white light beaming... Your *Scream* interpretation is a good one!!!

Destany... hey! You shouldn't be doing such heavy lifting and moving, you know... I'm sure it'll be beautiful... And what a thoughtful husband you have!!

Sorry to read that Gene is still under the weather, Olga... cancelling a trip to Paris for us would be a HUGE deal... :(

Keeping little Atticus in my thoughts and prayers, too, Sylvia...

Such GOOD news about Jeff, Darla!!! The human spirit and will to live are remarkable...

Jutta!! *shudder* Lauren's right... we worry about Lyme's disease...

BobBob... we've been watching the terribly devestating forest fires, on the news... let's hope you get some rain...

:wave: All

Warm thoughts and positive energy radiating everywhere to everyone... hawltain!

jaydiva
05-19-2006, 08:24 AM
JT, i know just how you feel ... cold here, rain, windy as h**l and another thunderstorm coming up. I'll have to shut down my computer then

Yes, ticks cause some real bad deseases. I don't know what they are called in english though :rolleyes:

Hehehe of course i'll show you my claywork (if you want to or not :D ) it still has to be glazed and fired though ... not to mention to carting it home :eek:
I brought home some 10kg's of clay so i can do some pottery at home as well :D seems i get withdrawel otherwise.

Gotta turn off the puter now :(

olliewood0702
05-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Hello all and TGIF!!

((((((((((AUDREY))))))))))), (((((((((((((Atticus))))))))))))), (((((((((((((((JEFF)))))))))))

Olga WONDERFUL news concerning your daughter!!

Cold AGAIN today and cloudy, rainy...but supposed to see sunshine this weekend. Hoping as we have many plans, to do some planting, visit the East Lansing art fair, take granddaughters to movie, more planting, maybe a cook-out!!

AFTER ALL like JT said THIS IS MAY!! BRRRR

((((JJ)))) you sound a bit down lately but you sure did produce a BEAUTIFUL painting!! (visit the gallery to view)

Only one more week and I get to meet other WC'ers in Toledo at the art museum! WOOT!!

DoubleL hoping your dental work is done!! ouch...

Only two more weeks and we are going to Buffalo to help our son move to Atlanta, GA!! Just DH and I. I'm looking forward to a whole week off, even if we will be packing and unpacking ;)

I hope you all enjoy your day and are able to wet your brushes.:wave:

dahliaman
05-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Good Day,

I have'nt ventured far, turned noon here now and not a pot washed. :o

a lot brighter weather, alot of cloud with some nice blues. thanks for keeping the rain Kev. :lol:

a lot of names here today, it gets bigger, waves to all :wave:

Ken do you visit the lakes often? you were in Amblside not long back.

Pat, life can be so hard at times, have faith, God bless.

Went to see "Menopause the Musical" night before last...I think the three of us were the last women "of a certain age" who hadn't seen it in metro Detroit area....most have seen it at least once...It's been here for over 2 years....Just a hoot! I laughed through the whole thing
Lauren, it sounds and looks hilariious.

got to go :wave:

Olga
05-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Sorry to read that Gene is still under the weather, Olga... cancelling a trip to Paris for us would be a HUGE deal... :(

LOL Char--we are only something like 5-hours drive away... and staying with a friend means no hotel reservations to cancel :) My very dear friend from NY was going to be there on Monday, though, and not seeing her would be a bit sad :crying: Still undecided.

Thanks for all the kind words, friends...

((((Pat))))

Off to get my hair cut....

Olga

JustjoGA
05-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Morning, Washers....

Went down early last night with a headache ...
Today is a "tired" day ... no elastic at all.
So I will rest, read and hopefully paint an
L bird tomorrow ;)

Darla, good news re: Jeff... I too believe in miracles.
Sylvia, hope Atticus' doctor gets his problems sorted soon.
Pat, so sorry about Audrey...white light and prayer beaming.
JJ, I too love your Koi painting... that background is great :)

We are in a sunny, cloudy, rainy, sunny cycle this week... rained
buckets and I got wet getting home yesterday, then sun shone brightly
til sunset !?

:wave: to all here, AWAYTC :grouphug: HAWLTAIN and Soup

JustJo

Little Old Lady
05-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Greetings:wave:
I'm running late for a day full of meetings and such
Have a good one.
Alphabet soup
:grouphug:
JoAnn

laudesan
05-19-2006, 09:06 AM
That Menopuse the Musical is on here!!!!!!!!! Alan doesn't want to go becasue of the name..:( Is it really good??

Gosh so many of you are sick or your family is sick..:( This is not good..

Darla I am struggling at the moment, thank you sweetie love and hugs back to you.

bluegenes
05-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi all!:wave:
Taking a much needed day off work today to enjoy an extra long weekend! (Monday is a holiday).

Pat, I love your interpretation of "The Scream". One of my favourite paintings, and it's not really the style I like usually, but that painting really says how we all feel sometimes, doesn't it?

Makes me think of something that happened at work yesterday, it was so cute!
I work in a medical laboratory as a phlebotomist (you know, those mean ladies that poke you with needles...), and we had a little girl of seven who had to have her blood drawn. She was very brave, but the day before she had been given an injection at the doctor's office, and then we had some trouble getting blood and had to try 2 times before we had success. When it was all over, I told her how brave she was with all the needles she's been getting, and what a good job she did. She looks at me and says, "Well, I've been screaming inside my head, but I just held it in." LOL Seven years old! I think we can all identify with that.

Well better get my butt in gear, go have breakfast, have a shower and enjoy my day off!

TTFN and HAWLTAIN!

Patty

plec
05-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Jim, love the lakes but do not get there often enough.It is a waste of time going over at the weekend during the summer months just nose to tail traffic and nowhere to park. I like to go early spring and then September onwards.
I have never had any success with dalias all i could do was cultivate their various ills and pests. I have built up a nice collection of Hostas and more recently started to collect auriculas. I used to have an allotment but since I retired I havn't had the time !!.
Regards Ken.

ameliajordan
05-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Really zooooooming thru this morning. We are leaving in the morning in the RV for Atlanta and will be gone until Thursday - getting home before the Memorial Day weekend. While there my granddaughter has her dance recital - just her class in their room - not the cast of thousands with expensive costumns. Then Wed am is her "graduation" from pre-school - it's cap & gown which is rediculous for that age - we only had commenment from highschool - weren't graduated untill college. But we will have fun.

Pat, sorry to hear about your SIL - that must have been a terrible fall!

Hugs to all and I'll be back later...............

doubleL
05-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Thx for asking Darla ( hey my friend names too is Darla ) unfortunatly it isn't done yet :( that darn thing is giving me problems since february but my dentist was very pleased with the result so far; got a new refill of meds and he is optimistic to close the tooth permanently month after next.
Wow there is much you are looking forward to, wc meeting and visiting you son, Enjoy and have fun.

Jo sorry to hear you are a bit under the weather, hope you'll feel better pretty soon.

Patty what a cute story, poor girl but very brave, much braver than me that's for sure. Enjoy your long weekend.

:wave: to all

Llalena

leverettfinn
05-19-2006, 09:32 AM
That Menopuse the Musical is on here!!!!!!!!! Alan doesn't want to go becasue of the name..:( Is it really good??

JJ....if you need a pick me up...I suggest you go!...it is really funny...they took popular hits from the 50's,60's and 70's and changed the words around.....:music: "I'm havin' a hot flash....a tropical hot flash":music: (instead of "we're havin' a heat wave") "Puff...my butt is draggin'" :music: is another one that comes to mind! LOL
There were men there...but honestly mostly women...but the men really enjoyed it too...He'll have a better understanding of "us" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yorky
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Morning all from rainy Novi, MI :wave:

Just typed in a reply and lost it to cyberspace:( I'm working on a Microsoft contoured keyboard in the Opera browser, so it's a little strange.

Still a little tired after our 16 hour journey but it's wonderful to see Peter, Adrienne and little Alexander again. Three is a wonderful age to be, Alexander is absolutely bursting with energy and it's fun to play with him.

Off to browse the forum now BBL

Doug

doubleL
05-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Good morning Yorky :wave: no jet lag? Wow. Have fun playing with your grandson.

Emilia
05-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I am stealing a moment just to say Hi to all of you here.

HI

Emmy:wave: :) :heart:

Starsprite
05-19-2006, 10:28 AM
HI Doug! Awww..three is a great age to play with! And here I thought Malty was the only person with that Opera browser! :D Have fun!!

Darla...I was very happy to read of Jeff's improvement at the end of yesterday's Wash!!!! That's WONDERFUL!!! He must have a very strong will to live. :)

Jutta..ticks are called ticks here too! I hate those beasts!! We don't have them around here in the city usually but when I was a kid going to Missouri to visit my grandpa, (where there are a lot of trees)..we used to have to "check for ticks" every night. :eek:

Well.... I finally gave up on parking that durn car in the Parking Game!! It was demolished by the time I got done with it! :lol:

Dessy (Destany's new nick from Roun2it Kev) :D , I hope you get your gravel today! I hate when things don't go as planned....especially if you can't get ahold of someone about it on the phone. How aggravating!

Well better get back to work!! Later!! :wave:

Christie
05-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi Emmy, is everything ready for the weekend? This is the wedding weekend right?

footman
05-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Saw a job advert at work today, and immediately thought of several people here who might like to go for it (I take no responsibility for the capital letters!):

Counter/Back Office/ROPE Team Leader – Scotland

• To ensure that ROPE applications are sifted, prioritised, printed and quality checked in line with published Tiered Service targets.
• To … guide staff in adhering to security and quality systems in ROPE handling and across all Operations in accordance with Policy, Procedure and Best Practice Guidelines

That should keep you out of mischief!

Kate

footman
05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Saw a job advert at work today, and immediately thought of several people here who might like to go for it (I take no responsibility for the capital letters!):

Counter/Back Office/ROPE Team Leader – Scotland

• To ensure that ROPE applications are sifted, prioritised, printed and quality checked in line with published Tiered Service targets.
• To … guide staff in adhering to security and quality systems in ROPE handling and across all Operations in accordance with Policy, Procedure and Best Practice Guidelines

Kate

Christie
05-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Oh Kate, i can see several people here deciding on a career change.:D

Starsprite
05-19-2006, 10:47 AM
LOL....Rope team leader eh?!! LOL :lol: :lol:

To see that ROPE applications are sifted?! That sounds so funny!

jaytee
05-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Kate......... dont you mean R**E :lol: :lol:

Doug.......... hey , where did you mislay that sunshine???? Since you didnt leave it in Kington it must be half way across the pond...... could you be sure to collect it on your way back....Im frozen........ ta very muchly

Seems a few of you need Cyber-elastic out there..... would you like it sneezed or coughed through cyberspace ?? :D:D One version is cleaner but louder than the other :lol::lol:

back to the self imposed grind:D After Ive checked Chars reference ;) PS Rther wish I hadnt..... but at least i dont suffer from dog drool on my hardwood :) As for 48 hours of spring cleaning .... havent they heard of flylady and 15 minute baby steps ??????? :lol:

doubleL
05-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Counter/Back Office/ROPE Team Leader Scotland

To ensure that ROPE applications are sifted, prioritised, printed and quality checked in line with published Tiered Service targets.
To guide staff in adhering to security and quality systems in ROPE handling and across all Operations in accordance with Policy, Procedure and Best Practice Guidelines

Kate

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/81323-lol1_18.gif

rue d'oak
05-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Now shape up everybody or I'll sift your rope, I mean, bring out the handcuffs...no no don't put them on Char, HAND them to her...HEY where'd all that GUM come from???? And NO HIDING behind the FLY LADIES. Ah, I wish they would just go back to running with scissors....Out, out of the Bait Shoppe...Come on, PAINT everyone, KIUAN 2 is happening! There's a day's worth of posts in the Gallery!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/63987-WC_man.jpg

JustjoGA
05-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Well, I don't have any funny graphics to express my
opinion .... but

ALL I KNOW IS I DON'T HAVE ANY R***E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :evil: :angel:

JustJo

Starsprite
05-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, I don't have any funny graphics to express my
opinion .... but

ALL I KNOW IS I DON'T HAVE ANY R***E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :evil: :angel:

JustJo

Are you sure about that Jo?!!!?!!! Then what's this draped around your neck...some snakes ?! :D :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/6385-Jos_rope.jpg

Starsprite
05-19-2006, 11:56 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND ANITA!!! (ArticRose)!!!! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

mmcaloon
05-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Been having the devil of a time getting on and staying on. Now there is just way too much to reply to especially after the truck delivered so much yesterday.

So I have read it all and hope all is well with everyone.

and Char....
Is there no such thing as a happy medium??? :rolleyes:
There its called watercolor.......silly rabbit

jaydiva
05-19-2006, 12:55 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny wash today!!!

I liked the story of the little girl getting her blood drawn, too cute :)

Spritey, that's no r**e around Jo's neck it's a 'summer scarf' very light and thin :D

Hi Doug :wave: I missed wishing you BON VOYAGE :rolleyes: I'm happy that you are enjoying your grandson and familiy :wave:

I can't remember a lot as I'm getting a bit nervous --> tomorrow is the exhibition. I just have to put the camera out or i will forget it.
Even though it's just a weekend event (tremble, shake, shiver) i'm really excited. Hopefully i get to see all the other participants :clap: There will be about 15 Restaurants joining in and serving 'edible art' now that will be a treat!!!

Sending out heaps of White Light for those in need

:grouphug:

Yorky
05-19-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm back for a moment,

I have a confession to make - I was in so much of a hurry to get to the airport yesterday I left my bag behind containing my camera and paints :rolleyes:

Luckily there was nothing vital in there, but we did buy a cheap videocamera in the Duty Free. Ruth has been wanting one for ages, wondering if I can make it her birthday preseny? :evil: :wink2:

Good luck with the exhibition, Jutta,

Jo - I thought they were dreadlocks :D

Happy Birthday to Anita

Just shows how incredibly lucky we were with the weather last weekend Janet.

Doug

Starsprite
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Jo - I thought they were dreadlocks :D

Happy Birthday to Anita

Doug

Heee heee..that's IT!! DREADLOCKS!!! I told you that you looked young Jo!! :)

I hope Anita comes back to WC sometime soon.

plec
05-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Kate re the rope job. Will it involve new rope or will it be a case of money for old rope!
Ken..

JudyL
05-19-2006, 02:19 PM
:wave: Hiya from sunny California, but it is supposed to rain on Sunday when the Bay 2 Breakers race is on in San Francisco.
I have been waking up at 3 and 4 in the AM, no jet lag, that will happen when I go home again to the UK.
We are going to a ballet recital tonite, but first, shopping! DH has been fixing my sister's computer, one of the disk drives has not worked since she bought the thing, as it is an HP, and so is he, he checked it out and found it is defective, so he sent for a new one to replace it (warranty) it arrived today! so he is installing it, he is as happy as------, well you fill in the blanks.I Everyone is gathering at my daughters in laws Saturday for a pasta party, should be fun.
My Cheap Joes order arrived at DD's so my water soluble crayons will be there to meet me, along with the Flylady vest I ordered. The paper had to be re-ordered so it will go to our UK address.
gotta go, something is beeping

JudyL

sweetapplez
05-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone. It is only 10:30 AM here But after reading 4+ pages of wash I'm already exhausted and I certainly will never remember most of it to respond.

My DH and I have been involved with our family owned children's carnival for the past 10 years. It is a small carnival with rides and games and mini golf(not like the giant midways that travel around to the different malls). Mostly geared to kids but we own a giant teacup ride and a few things that adults can enjoy. Our busy season starts this weekend with 6 dates in the next 8 days. We do alot of school events in May and June and then community events and festivals through the summer until the end of October. We used to travel over to Vancouver Island and up country but the cost of hauling all the stuff became too prohibitive, so now we stay localish. It is really a fun job as everyone is in a happy, party mood, and the kids are always so excited. I have the easiest job of all, running the mini golf. I hate it when it rains..but we have been very fortunate with the weather over the years and have only had a few dates cancelled. They are calling for some rain this next week so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that it will only be light showers if at all.
DH has been busy this past month painting and sprucing up the rides and golf.

Darla..That is such good news about Jeff. Hope he keeps improving. Collectively, I truly believe we have very strong karma on this site.

Pat..I liked your scream. Nasty fall for your SL.

Jutta..good luck on your exhibition.

JT..terrible winds. They can be quite scary. Only once did I experince living through a hurricane(we were camping in a tent before the storm hit) I never want to feel that frightened again.

Destany..momma to be please take care lugging all that heavy stuff around. Wow all that paper! you have one super hubby!

Can't remember any more off the top of my head, so I'll close and wish everyone a great weekend. Hugs and white light to all in need.
Cheers...Trish

sweetapplez
05-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi Doug..oh too bad about leaving your bag behind. Hopefully you can pick up a few paints to tide you over.
Trish

JustjoGA
05-19-2006, 02:54 PM
LOL... It's funnier than you know,Doug!
At the Tennessee Fling, two of the men came in
asking "Where's the nearest Wal-Mart? I went off
and left my suitcase at home!" They went and got
necessities, and everyone had a good laugh about
it. I bet they remember for the next one :D

Still feeling draggy and achy ... time for another
nap, or read my book...

I hope all is going well for everyone ... BBL

JustJo

artmom
05-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Had a really bad night/morning--severe neuropathy pains. Had to take a second med--which absolutely sends me gaga. :rolleyes: However, the pains have stopped, thank goodness and I am now wide-eyed and bushy tailed!

Sending white light and thoughts to all who have friends, relatives, pets who are in trouble. I won't even get started on the troubles in our extended family! :eek: Suffice to say, everyone's health seems to be under control; whether they have a job or not is another story.

I'm still basking in the glow of the Spring Art Fling and have already started negotiations regarding next year's Fling with the Highland Manor Inn. :)

Time for a cuppa' and a cookie (biscuit).

Happy to see Doug checking in even if he is sans camera and paints!

Lyn

doubleL
05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Jutta good luck with the exhibition :clap:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Anita :clap:

Doug what a dreadful thing to happen. I am so sorry. Thx heaven for Duty Free shops. I am sure your wife will be over the moon about the video camera especially as she already wants it for such a long time. About your painting stuff hmmmm....why don't you treat yourself with a birthday present for your upcoming b_day and get yourself some nice painting stuff in Detroit?

Lyn I hope you'll feel better pretty soon ((((()))))

Llalena

butterfly.art
05-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Time for my bed, so just popping in!

Hi, Doug, sorry about your bag!!!

Good luck with the exhibition Jutta

Lyn and JustJo so sorry you are both feeling unwell.
I hope things improve really soon.
Also JJ, take care of yourself.
Destany should you be doing all this manual work?!
Great about getting the paper though.

I'm not getting into all that r**e stuff tonight:D

Must go. Take care All

Tricia

Olga
05-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi again,
Just a wave of good bye since it now looks like we are going after all :) Gene's feeling much better and we actually packed :) (that did not take long--it's just 3 days and having lost that suitcase, I have almost no clothes :) It's sort of liberating, in a way...no decisions what to pack need to be made...

Jo--hope you will get your bounce back quickly and feel better.... and enjoy your thin summer scarf...errrr....dreadlocks...errrrr....I mean R**E

Jutta--GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! ENJOY!

Glad you are enjoying Alexander (and your son and DL), Doug!

(((Lyn))) --cyber elastic for you, too!

I was so glad to read Stridey is improving in the other thread!
Thinking of all who are not well and waving to everyone. Have a good weekend, and I'll be back on Tuesday....

Olga

maltman
05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Hewy all :wave: :wave: :wave:

On this long Canadian weekend, I thought I'd recomend a couple of movies to catch on DVD....particularly for Jo....one ..sort of old...the other quite old

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/48302-B00005AUJS.01.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2006/48302-rope_copy.jpg

If you manage to watch them, let me know what you think!

Gooby

Brian:wave: :wave: :wave:

ameliajordan
05-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Great wash today! Look like good R**p movies, Brian!

Doug, new camera sounds like a deal but ya need some paints! Have fun with Alexander.

Sending lots of white light to the sickies ((((((((())))))))

Juta, :thumbsup: on the exhibit. We want pictures!

Have most stuff done to leave but got to pack clothes still so best get to it!

I'll miss you in the morning but maybe at Flying J truck stop tomorrow night where I can connect for $5 - outrageous but it only money :lol:

JustjoGA
05-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Ummm... there's a point to this, Maltimus????????? :angel: :evil:

JustJo

Starsprite
05-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Ummm... there's a point to this, Maltimus????????? :angel: :evil:

JustJo

Is there ever a point to the madness of Maltimus, Jo???!!???? :lol: :lol: I think he's making fun of your dreadlocks!! :D

Mark G
05-20-2006, 12:25 AM
So there you go Mark (And Kevin and Mike and anyone else who likes handcuffs) you should go to Christie's house instead...... after all, her brother is a REAL policeman and has much bigger, stronger cuffs than the flimsey little ones I use :evil: I'm sure you'd like those better..... :lol:

Aw Andrea - you're no fun....I would want to get out of them eventually:)

JJ- like your koi. They turned out great.

After two weeks of 90 degrees it is raining today and supposed to rain for the next three days. DW and I have a wine event to go to tomorrow (outside of course) and now it is going to be yucky.

Hope all had a great today and a better tomorrow.

Mark