PDA

View Full Version : Refubishing Frames Program Notes--Info from MidAmerica Pastel Society

Donna A
05-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Hi, everyone! As promised, here are the pdf sheets with notes from the program I presented in April for MAPS. I'm also including the MAPS May Newsletter which has another bit of info from the program along with some other info that may be interesting to many of you. I hope there are things here that are as inpiring to you as they have been to many of the artists here. Very best wishes! Donna ;-}

Tressa
05-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Hi Donna. Great article! I got some more ideas from you!! Thanks!
Wish you had pics!!:wink2:
Tres

Donna A
05-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi, Tres. Thanks! Look forward to your ideas. And there was so very much information we did not have enough time to share, even with a hour and a half of program with many examples and demoing that evening. There is sooo much more to show and demo----and it was so lovely, at the end of the program, they asked if we could do a Refurbing Frames, Part 2. So the Program Chairman is planning that. Would love to add your ideas and others!!! Always great to share!

And----I did take a LOT of photos from start to finish through most of the frames. Must find the time and energy to get them "done to" and organized with the text. Have just had so many other things on my plate, still not "cleaned up!" :-) But one-o'-these-days!!! Take good care! Donna ;-}

Kathryn Wilson
05-17-2006, 03:34 PM
aha! I've been waiting for this! So glad you got to share with us and we shall put this into the Pastel Library for sure.

I bought two frames at auction the other night that I am going to experiment on.

Thanks!

Donna A
05-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Oh, exciting, Kat! I'd love to know what you do with your new 'treasures!'

I was just thinking about Mike's frames from an attic! LOL!!! Ya didn't even want to touch them they looked sooooo awful when we started! :-) Sounds like you will be starting with something much nicer! Good luck and have fun! Donna ;-}

artist_pw
05-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Hi:

I was there and the presentation was interesting. I persistently pester my hubbie to make me some pretty simple frame molding from quartersawn oak, because he is a woodworker/carpenter/jack of many building talents/artist/craftsman. Once in a while, my persistence pays off, and I get some nice frames from whatever scrap wood he has, which is cool, because I've gotten mahogany, and some riff sawn oak (very nice) frames.

Tressa
05-19-2006, 06:45 AM
A couple of weekends ago, I got around 12 or so really nice frames at the flea market that just need some TLC for around 20 dollars!!
I love redoing them, and making them look pretty again!!
Tres

Donna A
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi:

I was there and the presentation was interesting. I persistently pester my hubbie to make me some pretty simple frame molding from quartersawn oak, because he is a woodworker/carpenter/jack of many building talents/artist/craftsman. Once in a while, my persistence pays off, and I get some nice frames from whatever scrap wood he has, which is cool, because I've gotten mahogany, and some riff sawn oak (very nice) frames.

Oh, HI, Paula! And time for yet another meeting next week, already! I'm so glad we'll be having a "visiting-with-each-other" meeting this time! See you there, I hope!

How excellent to have such an also-talented husband! That's ever so "handy" at leat when you can sweet-talk enough! :-) Take good care! Donna ;-}