PDA

View Full Version : I sold my first 4 paintings!!

Bhavana Vijay
05-13-2006, 06:34 PM
It all happened in 7 days!!:)

A friend in India fell in love with "Heading Home" and wanted to buy it.So i will be taking it with me to India when i go in June.

Also Mike, the person whom i met in the plane asked me if he could buy the large version of "Patagonia". I need to find a way to get that to New Hamphire, can i post it? I am so afraid to do that.

And today we had a community yard sale and i had kept some of my paintings out (hardly the right place right!!), just to see the reaction. I really didnt expect to sell anything, but a person who collects bought "red carpet" and the smaller version of "patagonia".I was thrilled to put it mildly! I was also very pleased with everything everyone had to say.

I am soo happy today and i thank you all for all the support and encouragement.This is truly a dream come true!

Dark_Shades
05-13-2006, 06:51 PM
What great news.......... hey why not do a yard sale each month of your works....... you never know..........
I bet you are thrilled to bits........ well done

Tressa
05-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Congratulations!!! It always makes you feel sooo good when someone buys your work!!!
Tres

khourianya
05-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Congratulations!

It's great to know how the yard sale went with your aintings. The small ton we are building our house in has a parade of garage sales every may and Cam said that it might be an idea to have an open studio on that day too - so people can come in - see where I paint and see my work...I was skeptical - but now, after reading your success, think it might be the way to go!

meowmeow
05-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow! Congratulations! You must be thrilled! I am not surprised people like your work!

Sandy

Bringer
05-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Hi Bhavij,

Well, like I always say : quality sells.
Congratulations !

Regards,

Josť

bacchusny
05-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Bhavij,

Those are all wonderful paintings. Congratulations!

--------------
Ian.

Khadres
05-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Congrats! But this is just the beginning, I'm sure! :D

DrBrad
05-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Congrats! And I'm not surprised either!

Bhavana Vijay
05-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Thank you so much for your support Dawn, Tres, Cori, Sandy, Jose, Ian, Sooz and Brad!!:D

Cori i think an open studio is an awesome idea! The person who bought the paintings was very interested in meeting me in person and wanted to know the history behind each painting he bought. It was also very interesting for me to see which paintings people liked the most. Most people in the yard sale of course werent looking to pay that much for anything.The thing i sold the most were simple earrings i made for really cheap.

bjcpaints
05-15-2006, 01:05 PM
I am so very happy and excited for you Bhavana!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Barbara

Karen Margulis
05-15-2006, 03:05 PM
That's wonderful news!!! I am sure it is just the beginning for you! Congratulations!

Karen

Bill Foehringer
05-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Way to go Bhavij!!! It sure feels good to make those first sales. BillF

talisman
05-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Iím so happy for you! I hope these are the first of many sales.

fortysomething
05-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Congratulations! I am very happy and excited for you. They are all vey nice- my personal favorite is the cityscape.:)

scall0way
05-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Gosh, I love a great story like this. Congratulations!

Bhavana Vijay
05-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks so much Barbara, Karen, Bill, Dianna, Lisa and Debbie!! It feels so good to be able to share this with all my friends here!:D

Mike_Beeman
05-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Congrats...I bet there will be many more!!
Mike

Bhavana Vijay
05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks Mike! So far its been mostly friends buying my paintings, i was joking with my husband yesterday that after all of them buy one each that will be the end of my career!!:lol: