PDA

View Full Version : oh my!

idylbrush
05-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Well, I thought I was on a few days off.

until......

got a call from one of my galleries and they want more work for their walls.

I decided to revamp and speed up my web page...

A few repairs around the house and a bit of work in the garden.

Please take a moment and check out my revamped web site.

I am hoping to speed up the page loading.
Concentrate to the most recent shows and images
Most recent press
Make it easier to navigate
Make contacting me easier

Getting things ready for a newsletter page.

What do you think?

Got a new haleconia for the garden, it is a lovely red with creamy white and a beauty.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2006/36241-IMG_9829.jpg

Mary Woodul
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I really like the way your two series look in your website. Everytime I have seen your work together I find something I had not seen.

Great news about needing more work, that means that we will be looking forward to seeing more.

Beautiful Haleconia! My hydrangeas (sp)? are finally blooming. As soon as they get intense I will take some pictures of them.

Monrea
05-11-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm mostly a lurker here (don't have a lot I'd feel proud enough of to post pics of!), but I read all of your posts! I think you're a great artist. I like the site, but I'm on Firefox and for me it it's all showing up just on the left side of the screen. I can read it, but it's a bit disconcerting. Congrats on the big show!

idylbrush
05-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks for looking at the new site. It has had its share of troubles. This is a new redo of an older program that I liked and with the current updates it has become problematic.

I think I have gotten it centered a bit better and I think it appears to be somewhat better in appearance.

The learning curve is incredible now on this simple little program.

Jakeally
05-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Will go check out your website later Howard ... on my way to the dentist in a minute:eek:
Just had to pop in and say that flower is just beautiful.

Monrea
05-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Now it's centered! Looks great. I hope you post an announcement when you've got a newsletter to share :)

Sonia
05-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Looking good, Howard. My word you do keep busy! Congratulations on the call for more work.

idylbrush
05-12-2006, 06:28 PM
My first news letter is up. it is a bit rough but it is there. It is a pdf file which, depending on your computer may open automatically in acrobat or it may download as a pdf file. I can't figure that one out myself.

I have a bit of tweaking to do, a few capitalization issues. Overall it is coming along.

Mary Woodul
05-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Nice work on your news letter!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sonia
05-14-2006, 06:19 AM
The newsletter is looking good.

Jakeally
05-14-2006, 09:41 AM
The web site is coming along nicely Howard. The newsletter is very informative and not too long.
I had a small problem reading your Artists Statement. The font is a bit small for me but apart from that it looks fine.
The best of luck with your show.

idylbrush
05-14-2006, 10:06 AM
The one thing I really dislike, and my web page at the moment is not an exception, is not having prices listed.

I am considering a pricing page as a note so that others can see the prices if desired and not if desired.

I price by sizes not by content which should make it easy.

If I see a web page without prices, my first assumption is that I can't afford it. It may not be true but it is how I think.

Other thoughts on this appreciated if you have a reasonable thought as to why not to do a price page.