PDA

View Full Version : Fuchsias

Annie*M
05-10-2006, 04:01 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2006/82004-Image2.jpg
Painted in Psp X palette knife and smudge tool.

TxAggieDarlin
05-10-2006, 12:28 PM
ohhh how pretty......love the colors you used...I tried growing this flower, but killed it.........I think it really did not like Texas heat....

beautiful flower and beautiful painting

Chiers
05-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Nice job Annie. Fuschias are georgous flowers!

TX, if they won't grow in Texas, at least you can paint some that won't die.

justjean
05-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Annie they are just gorgeous :thumbsup: , you should do a step by step for us on how to work with the palette knives :wave:

Annie*M
05-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi TxAggieDarlin:wave: Fuchsias grow very well here in New Zealand, try planting them out of the direct sunlight and give them plenty of water:thumbsup: These colours are just how mine looked.
Hi Chiers. Thank you:)
Hi there JJ. I just use the default palette knife in the same way as I would use a default brush. I like the oil painted look and for some reason I like the effect better than a brush. Perhaps it is because the paint appears thicker and "softer" I have not experimented with the settings, only the size and the smallest size is 3. Most of this was done varying the palette knife from size 9 down to 3. I go over all the edges on completion with the smudge tool set at about 55 on size 5 usually or smaller for tight corners. I also work in layers so I don't have to redo the whole lot if I have an "oops". I also save my work as a PSP file so I can go back and change things later if needs be, as I did with the nectarine blossom background. If there is any particular aspect you would like me to make screen shots of I would be pleased to do so.

LadyAlba
05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Just lovely! ;o)