PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Trek

digistyle
05-09-2006, 10:19 PM
I worked a little differently with this painting. I started out playing with brushes painted a background. I let the background suggest what was going to be painted on it. I scribbled a few sketches on separate layers until I settled on this idea. Painter IX.V
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-May-2006/1629-snowy.jpg

Annie*M
05-09-2006, 10:49 PM
This looks as though it was a nice experience to paint. It evolved delightfully.:heart:

LadyAlba
05-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Good one Digi love the deapth of this and you can feel the cold :thumbsup: , although it is hard to get use to seeing cold again since it was 100 here today. LOL

Yako
05-10-2006, 06:55 AM
I've never seen an eskimo ride a bear, is it possible or is it an artist license? I like the idea and your painting, is beautiful

Chiers
05-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Very cool digi! Nice painting and I wonder how long it took to break that bear? I've ridden bare back but this is taking it a step beyond!!!

Jin
05-11-2006, 01:45 AM
digi,

What a wonderful idea, and a great painting that would fit perfectly in a childrens' book.

I've always thought it would be so nice to be able to hug a polar bear, they're so beautiful and look so harmless (but no doubt they're not harmless and would hardly welcome my hug).

It'd be great if you wrote a story and did a series of illustrations to complete this idea. You certainly have the necessary incredients in you, imagination, talent, and a warm sense of humor.

Just a delightful painting, in any case!

justjean
05-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh I love this one, everything looks GREAT :thumbsup:

JCoop
05-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Digi, your skill in painting is only matched by your great imagination! Thank for the smile.:)

TxAggieDarlin
05-11-2006, 11:20 AM
It is great and I want to know too, can you ride a polar bear? What an awesome idea!!!

digistyle
05-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks for all of the kudos, folks. It means a lot coming from my peers!

I've never seen an eskimo ride a bear, is it possible or is it an artist license?
Definitely artist license!

I wonder how long it took to break that bear? I've ridden bare back but this is taking it a step beyond!!!

I think that it is more of a friendship. I almost named the thread "Bear Back" :D

can you ride a polar bear?
My guess would be only once! :D