PDA

View Full Version : cheetah dream

SanDL
03-02-2002, 05:11 PM
This is from my collage days. 10x12. Mixed media on paper.

Leaflin
03-04-2002, 09:45 AM
Hi SanDL :)
I really like this
Great colours for a dreamy effect.
The Cheetah looks like he is dreaming of soaring through the sky in search of his prey.

diane555
03-06-2002, 09:27 AM
Wow SanDL. This is quite beautiful. Are some of those fabrics? they remind me of the batiks and hand-dyes I work with a lot. The colors give this a real sense of the mystical forest. Thanks for sharing.

Di

SanDL
03-07-2002, 06:33 PM
lacy Japanese stuff beautiful to work with. I also used "Peerless" water colors, made in Rochester NY. They are more like dyes and they are very intense in color.

hannaHLitz
03-11-2002, 09:15 PM
mmm the collage days, some of my favorite days :) i love this one, its very peaceful and tranquil. see you soon,
love,
Hannah

sassybird
03-12-2002, 08:00 AM
Wow! This is a beautiful piece. At first glance I thought it was a mermaid resting at the bottom of the sea, then I saw the cheetah, and realized it was a jungle scene. Very nice work.

Even though it is difficult to spot right off the bat on close observation the woman is nude, and her butt cheeks are showing. It might have been a good idea to have used the butt icon on this piece, and on future pieces that show parts of the anantomy that is usually covered.

SanDL
03-14-2002, 07:31 AM
so sorry. Can't help feeling chided though. I think as moderator you have to make sure that things are going by the rules. I'm just sick of this American obsession with censoring nudity in art. Wish I could just pack up and go home.

crazi4art
03-15-2002, 10:31 AM
hey,
i finally decided to get on, i think this is a great collage. i love the colors and the dream effect. great job, see ya monday
shivani