PDA

View Full Version : I'll leave landscapes to the pros ;(...

JCoop
05-04-2006, 01:07 PM
This mornings mileage... I had to force myself to post this.:o

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2006/30872-lndscp_scrnL.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2006/30872-lndscp_scrnR.jpg

Painter 9, Artist Oils

justjean
05-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Joel this is a great landscape, colour and strokes and everything :thumbsup:

Goff
05-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Force yourself??? You're gunna have to force my eyes OFF of this! I love the texture of the sky and all the colors in the landscape. I'll give you my honest nit- I think there are too many birds. I'd keep the left 2 birds and of the right birds, I'd ditch all but the small one. Of course, that is completely just my preference and still love this regardless. I generally only point out things that "stick" out at me right away as a potential "question".

You are amazing Joel! :clap: My new Wacom Intous3 6x11 comes in today- I can only HOPE to do half as good as you!!!!

beebluefern
05-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Joel, it's gorgeous! Please do more...portraits and now landscape...Wow! Very well done! Is this from photo ref or from imaginating?

Smokin
05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Awwwww this looks cool! Especially the sky and reflections. I think you should definetly do more of these.

Elvira
05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Joel, I don't think the problem has anything to do with your skill, but you just don't have the passion for it, what you have here is very well done but feels like an excercise when you can't find a good scene to work from and I have tons of those too.

My problem is usually with portraits and I have a couple of them on file that I can't seem to finish because for me portraits are work, whereas when I get inspired by a land or seacape it is sheer bliss to paint.

So Joel when you have time get out and take picture and sketch scenes that really catch your fancy they will be much easier work with.

Your colours an brush work are fine in this sketch.
Edie

TWTom
05-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Joel, why don't you like this?

jhercilia
05-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Joel you are the master of digital media and you do wonders with your stylus.

Yako
05-05-2006, 07:13 AM
You must force yourself to do this more often! It's a beautiful vibrant landscape!:clap: :clap: :clap:

LadyAlba
05-05-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree with all of the above and especially Edie .... there has to be something in a landscape that really pulls you but then that goes for even portraits to flow easily there has to be that emotional pull. I love the colors in this the only thing I would add would be more waterline between the bank and the water so your reflections could be seen more as such. Don't know if that makes sense or not LOL

JCoop
05-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Thank you all for your great comments and insights. It's true... the passion wasn't there. I didn't approach this painting with any forethought... and half way through, I prayed to be done. The birds also were an afterthought... I felt the painting needed "life". I coiuld have added more detail and spent more time to make it "special", but I didn't have the heart.

In the end, I don't feel it was a waste... i'm happy for the brush mileage, but this painting will never see print. I think of it as an exercise. Pam, this painting was based on a photo ref.

Thank you all again.:)

TxAggieDarlin
05-05-2006, 09:24 AM
LOL, Joel, ....."I prayed to be done" now that is HOW I feel when I do portraits lol.......different strokes for different folks.
I really think you did a good job........but the love was not there. Now, lets see you do a flower :)

maria_khurram
05-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Joel, no matters what ever you paint turns out to gold. YOu are always inspiring.

barryt
05-13-2006, 08:23 AM
I like it Joel, though at first I thought it was a tin of sardines. :)
No only joking, It's funny the things that inspire and the things that you think of as work. I think we all have those hangups, all with different angles.

Annie*M
05-14-2006, 12:55 AM
I think this is a very interesting landscape and I very much like the colours

kennychaffin
05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Great job!

KAC