PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all

barocio54
05-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I have been watching this site for some time now and have learned a great deal from everyones art. I can not even compare my art to yours. I have never taken a class and I really enjoy art. Especially stippling. I am humbly submitting some of my so called art to see if anyone has any pointers or critiques. Please be as tough as you want for I Thank you all......

CPM
05-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Robert, Don't sell yourself short. The artwork you've presented shows a lot of ability. The hummingbird is really good. You just need to work on the values a bit more to make it stand out. It need some more darks/shadows to identify where the light source is and make it a bit more 3-D. The stone totem is cool as well. It has a lot of detail and youve rendered it well. Take a look at the tutorials that you find here. The foliage tutorials (Dave has us up to 5 parts) are phenominal. There are more on the intro page of the forum that deal with a stone archway. Keep working on it and show us what you've created. - Chris

TessDB
05-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Welcome, Barrocio! :wave:

Hope to see more of your work!

Tess

barocio54
05-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Thank you very much CPM/TessDB. I really appreciate the comments. Its funny because I have never showed anyone any of my art before. I really thought someone on this site was going to tell me to not quit my day job..lol..
Im trying to look up what "values" means?
Thank you so much.....

CPM
05-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Values are the light and dark elements of the drawings. Up one level in the Pen adn Ink forum, there is a sticky note thread with a value scale that you can print out. Have fun! - Chris