PDA

View Full Version : Encaustic Medium ( Hot Wax )

joemajury
03-01-2002, 12:44 PM
Well,
What can I say, I forgot to take my camera with me today.
I was going to do a step by step on this one, but, that will have to wait till Monday.
I did however, manage to practice a few pieces.
Im quite pleased with the way they have turned out, and can only hope that I get better with Practice.
Its a very fun medium to use.
Here are the 5 pieces I was " messing around " with today.

My very first piece of molten wax

Joe
;) ;)

Bendaini
03-01-2002, 01:54 PM
This is an interesting medium, i've never seen it before. I can't quit figure out how you did it... Care to tell us, or is there somewhere i can look to find out?

joemajury
03-01-2002, 03:31 PM
On Monday, I hope to do a step by step, and take photos as I go along, I will post them here, and it should give you a good idea of whats involved

Joe
;) ;)

Wally's Mom
03-01-2002, 03:48 PM
I love the colors !
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bendaini
03-01-2002, 04:57 PM
oh good joe, can't wait :)

ya know, it reminds me of embosing foil... its very shiny like that.

wendee
03-01-2002, 05:32 PM
Hey Joe these are wonderful...the colours are just beautiful....I have heard of wax painting but have never tried it ....:D :D

Bendaini
03-01-2002, 06:03 PM
I watched something on TV not long ago about how they made some of the colored eggs in the netherlands. It involves dipping them in dye, then using wax in a type of writing utinsel to cover over the area they wanted to remain that color, then dipping again, waxing, dipping... ect.... till they got all the colors on. After it was all done they would heat the wax and whipe it off and have a beautiful dyed egg that looked like it had been layed that way. They were quite beautiful....

Lulu
03-01-2002, 06:43 PM
You have amazing talent Mr Majury:) They are ALL beautiful, and I can't wait to see how you did them.

olika
03-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Quite impressive, Joe... One never knows what you are going to get into next. It will be interesting to see the progress pictures. Quite dramatic colours, as well !! thanks :)

Ivyleaf
03-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Joe, those are great, the 4th one reminds me of being back on the ocean!!!!!! *sigh* Would be nice to be back there again!

Great job!

:D :D :D
Ivy

joemajury
03-02-2002, 06:25 AM
For those of you that cant wait until Monday ( LuLu and Crissy)
you might like to check out this link.
http://www.waxes.co.uk/

Joe
;) ;)

diane555
03-02-2002, 09:17 AM
Joe: These are fabulous. I can't add anything to what the rest said about the radient colors except "ditto" But I did see a couple that would make wonderful quilts!!!! :D The second one is my favorite...deep luscious colors. Reminds me of some wild exotic flowers. I'll check out the link.

Di

Leaflin
03-02-2002, 10:28 AM
:clap: I love these Joe :clap:
They are rich and vibrant just like your pastel pieces.
Can't wait till Monday to see your step by step.