PDA

View Full Version : inauguration of my celtic ink series

celticrichard
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
News is:I bought at last my celtic mythology book,and its inspired me beyond my wildest dreams.So,Ive decided to ilustrate parts of the myths in chinese ink on watercolour paper.I just say this because when i post my wips, every different work will be marked like Celtic Myth Ilustration(number).So i dont know if to post it all in one post or by different posts.My thecnique will be this:I will use for lines,knots and circles pure black ink and for stones ,people and trees(maybe) i will use a gradation from grey to black of that ink and use it for fur mmoss and sones and then washes of watercolour to add colour.

TessDB
05-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Sounds great, Richard!

Are you going to do them as wip's or just show when you're done? (please wip? please please?)

tess

celticrichard
05-02-2006, 08:35 AM
wips.but please.patience,my money will reach me soon and i shall begin when i buy the paper.im also going to practice with chinese painting on my acquisition of japanese paper.the first mith will be of the first brabch of the mabinogion:pwyll prince of dyfed;read his myth.title of the wip:vision of pwyll.look for jim fitzpatricks works on internet to see an aproach of what i will try.

Merry Scribe
05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
WIPS Richard please we like to see WIPs. You always do fine work so I know these will be great.

Brian :wave: :D

TessDB
05-03-2006, 07:18 AM
look for jim fitzpatricks works on internet

I love his stuff. Might want to check out Cynthia Matyi's pages, too. http://www.matyiart.com/index.html

Tess

celticrichard
05-05-2006, 03:07 PM
really.im having problems with the girth of my veltic knotwork lines.can you help me please

TessDB
05-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Rich--

Can you post or pm me with what you're working on? I can't quite picture what you need help with...

Tess

celticrichard
05-07-2006, 09:40 AM
sorry.but my problem is that sometimes the girth of the celtic knots is i think not the same.but ive seen a closeup of jim fitzpatricks works and i see he has a bit of the same prtoblem,the same as with many of other celtic art painters,so im not so worried now.

TessDB
05-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Ah! I get it. :D

Part of that comes with practice. And part of it is what gives the knotwork an organic quality. Glad you worked it out for yourself! :thumbsup:

Tess