PDA

View Full Version : Another in the spirit of the WDEs Tulips galore WIP 28th April and MI

silverflagon
04-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Well I am not going to say it's a failure yet, but if you had seen me trying to paint tonight, you would of laughed till you cried.
I have been so clumsy you just wouldn't believe it. My easel nearly went flying, the palette did fly, the rug now needs Vanish spraying on it to remove the rest of the paint, I all but stepped on my painting while it was drying flat, and that is just three of my adventures:lol: :lol: :lol:

The painting came of worse in this circus, but I will still post it and continue working, it does show some promise..... I think?

It's watercolour on 200grm NOT paper and measures 10.5x7 inches, and took a lot longer than 2 hours:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2006/44191-tulipfield_500.jpg

*Deirdre*
04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Never mind Steph...you gotta suffer for your art, y'know?:p It looks like red tulips to me...what did you mean it to look like?:evil:

Valri Ary
04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Oh Steph.......how fun is painting, huh? I laughed out loud reading and then re-reading your 'experience.'
This painting shows loads of promise. I can't wait to see where you go next. I'll be back.

silverflagon
04-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Thank you Deidre, especially for telling me that they do look like tulips *Hugs!* It started as a wash, but a blue line appeared across the paper at about halfway up the paper. So I painted over the whole wash when it was nearly dry, with colour almost neat from the tube to hide it.
Well did I tell you that I am so accident prone today, I'm going to bed very soon before I do something really stupid:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Vari, I love it when I can cheer someone up by making them laugh *Hugs!

lisilk
04-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Wow Steph, I bet you're more fun to watch than Laurel and Hardy!:lol: Glad you survived. Looks awesome already! Gorgeous reds. That's one of my choices too once I finish the bleedin' collage!

Looking forward to the finish!

Li

angelcat
04-28-2006, 08:12 PM
When I looked at the photos, my husband picked this as one he found interesting....I like how your tulips are shaping up, and we're both looking forward to seeing the conclusion of your adventure!

Elain
04-28-2006, 08:28 PM
nice feeling of distance already. Lovely red colours - as long as the carpet doesn't look like matching tulips Haha :)

Elain

Brooklyn
04-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Steph, Well for all your miss adventure, you definitely got those rows and rows of tulips! It looked very difficult to me! Looking forward to seeing the finish. Be carefull getting into bed, don't want you falling out the other side! :)

Pat

Chloe_1
04-28-2006, 09:36 PM
LoL Step.. had days like this when things just turns out awkward no matter how right one tries to do it.:p ...but nevertheless those tulips are coming out good..Looking forward to see more

phoebecat
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Lovely, rich reds and they do look like tulips! Sorry about the painting mishaps. Just be careful not to step on a tube of paint and track it around the house--I did that recently!

Anne

yabby
04-29-2006, 02:23 AM
Tulips like. I'll come back to see...

maritajill
04-29-2006, 05:59 AM
It's guaranteed that when the painting goes butter side down - it's covered in wet RED paint :p

Looks great so far Steph :thumbsup:

kwint
04-29-2006, 06:15 AM
I really like the sense of depth you're creating in that luscious field.

Dewi
04-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Yes I saw tulips in raws before they were cut for the bulps lovely colour and thinking of Laurel and Hardy sometimes it happened such as trying to do something unsuccesfully again and again. (do I make sense?)

AcrylicsMichelle
04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Steph...oh had to laugh.. have we not all been there with the flying easel and/or canvas? And as already mentioned.. typically when using reds ! :evil: So what was the other ' curfluffle ' ? Did you dip your brush in your drink? tee hee. :lol:
The painting is coming along great. Awesome colour with the tulips, and yes.. they do look like tulips ! Looking forward to the finish. Am always impressed when I see wc used so vibrantly ! Bravo :clap:

OzonaLori
04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
nice feeling of distance already. Lovely red colours - as long as the carpet doesn't look like matching tulips Haha :)

Elain

I agree! I think the depth in this is marvelous!

connievanwinssen
04-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Murphys law, isn't that what its called when everything that can go wrong is going wrong? Well everything else maybe, but your painting looks just fine. Nice neat rows of red tulips:)

JamieWG
04-29-2006, 12:32 PM
*nods* Yep....It's tulips alright! You can't fool us! I think it's coming along just fine. LOL about the easel flying. I'll bet ALL of us can relate. Pleae show us the finish.

Jamie

silverflagon
04-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Thank you All, and I mangaed to get into bed safely, but after at least one more spisode of dropitit. Oh boy what a day I had... It wasn't just confined to my paints, other items flew, it's wonder that nothing actually got broken. "Touch wood....."

Well I typed that a little while ago, and the tape tore the paper even though I had taken every care over it, makjing it less tacky etc. But it could look worse I supose? I also had a play around with individual magnolia blossoms as well on OCEO size papers. 2.5x3.5inches for those who don't know the size.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2006/44191-Valstulipfield_500.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2006/44191-magnolia_2_500.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2006/44191-magnolia_1_500.jpg

silverflagon
04-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Yes I think it was Murphy's law Connie, and it hadn't finished with me either.

Thank you again everyone, and making you all laugh has more than made up for my shinanigans :thumbsup: I hope you like the results, I'm not sure, as I can see the tear repair. Why o why do I always tear the paper?:rolleyes:

ExpressiveAngie
04-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Trust me when I say my carpet is a many colored splendid thing to behold :D and I dont even care anymore :D

Tulips are beautifully red (my fave color) ~
The card sized paintings are really superb Steph! Loving them!

KathyDebby
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Love those tulips..and those reds (my favorite color, too!) Glad you hung in there and finished that! It is beautiful!

silverflagon
04-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Thank you Angie, Kathy, perhaps the real one will look just as good if I frame it? Isn't it strange how our pictures always look so much better on the monitor?

Deano
04-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Great job, Steph! Beautiful color on all three. Enjoyed hearing about your mishaps...now I don't feel as bad. I put a squeeze of blue oil paint on my palette while doing my acrylic today and took my awhile to figure out why it acted so strange when I tried to mix it...Lol.

Chiers
04-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Beautiful tulips Steph and the color in your magnolia is georgous too. I can relate to your mishaps! Quite common place for me to have them.

silverflagon
04-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Thank you Deano, Sherry, now I know that I am not alone, and a clumsy day just gives us all a good laugh. :D *Hugs!*
Deano I did the same once with some white paint, acrylic and oil doesn't mix at all well does it :lol: :lol: :lol:

tyree
04-29-2006, 11:48 PM
too funny, but those tulips are soooo beautiful, love it...tyree:clap: :thumbsup: :wave:

silverflagon
04-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Thank you Tyree :)

AcrylicsMichelle
04-30-2006, 07:32 AM
Steph.. your tulips turned out beautifully ! And the magnolias are beautiful as well:clap: :clap: ( I chose them for my painting, but ended up with a day much like yours, so had to give up and go outside and dig in the dirt to rid my frustrations, too many interuptions for me to paint ) :evil: I had thought the magnolias looked like what we call around here. A tulip tree. They are beautiful and bloom proudly in the spring..but don't last long before the lovely blossoms float to the grass below. :o( Happy mishap free painting ! :)

silverflagon
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Thank you Michelle :)
Tulip tree is another name for the magnolia, so your quite correct in thinking that. :D I don't know loads about plants just those I like or I've grown at some point. I like magnolias, but it's one I never got around to planting in my old garden, and this one is far too small for one :)

Valri Ary
04-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh so pretty. And teeny tiny too! GREAT JOB. Glad you are staying accident free too........

artbyjune
04-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Strange mishaps this weekend, Steph. I can just picture things flying out of your hands.

The tulips turned out gorgeous. Magnolias too!!

Charlie's Mum
04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Are the gremlins still teasing you Steph?

The tulips turned out well - I loved the swathes of light appearing to cross the field - really nice :D
The tiny teenies are lovely too - really like the colours there - what paper did you use for them?

silverflagon
04-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Thank you Valri, and so am I :lol:

Thank you June, somedays are just like that, and don't you wish on those days that you had stayed in bed :lol:

Nope not today Maureen, but I have been avoiding painting today, just a little sketching, and a lot of typing in the Article Publisher :lol: the tutorial is coming along slowly. I've not long packed up because I was seeing double with so much typing.
I'm pleased that you see the differences as swathes of light, the darker bits are the tears in the papers surface that the masking tape left behind :lol: I just refused to let that stop me finishing it :D

mbeckett
04-30-2006, 07:40 PM
nice work, Steph... despite all the tribulations! bravo! your mini looks wonderful too. those are tricky to draw... let alone paint that small.

lisilk
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Lovely finish on the tulip fields Steph. You managed to keep the beautiful vibrancy of the fields.:clap: :clap: LOVE your little mini mags! Simple but effective, almost abstract. Well done!

Li

Brooklyn
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Steph, The tulip field is gorgeous and so are the little blossoms! Nice job on both!!
PAt

Dewi
05-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi Steph oh how I love you magnolia both of them and the tulips field is beautiful. So far I had problem too with tape but only on the edge so when taking out I have to be very careful to pull it out not in.

silverflagon
05-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Thank you Mike, Li and Pat. I hope your weekend wasn't as trying as mine turned out to be? I had problems with an Ebay listing as well, it's sorted now though, but it was upsetting me until I found a way to remover the listing and replace it.

Thank you Dewi. I had that problem around the edge, but like you said you just pull away from the picture. My problem was the masking tape across it :(

YYcat
05-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Lovely red field of tulips Steph, and those little aceo's too.:clap: :clap: