PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from yard work...LOL

LadyAlba
04-27-2006, 10:12 AM
All freehand from my imagination. Different brushes sherrys flat variable, snitched digi's little circle one and used it in the xsoft pastels for the bird , clumpy brush for the log and my stipple brush for the background. :lol: Then I forgot to sign it! rofl

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2006/29951-nesting.jpg

Skinny
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Love it! Such a tranquil scene. This is very nice, but I also want to see you do more with the impressionist brush. It gave your work a nice edge. ;)

My solution to yard work was to cement over the d*** grass. :D

barryt
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
What a lovely delicate bird, and nice subdued colours.

LadyAlba
04-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Thank you Skinny and Barry...Skinny I actually thought of doing the stump with the Impressionist brush but I really wanted to try out the clumpy brush , which I might add will really take some practice from me to get a handle on LOL :wave:

TxAggieDarlin
04-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I like this very much. awesome colors

justjean
04-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Your thoughts must be beautiful to think of this lovely serene painting Marge :thumbsup: clumpy is fun :lol:

LadyAlba
04-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks Aggie and Jean .... the only thing I find about the clumpy is the shape I just don't like it! Can't figure out how to change it though. ;o(

omniartz
04-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Very beautiful imagination you have! Excellent piece! the bird and stump look wonderful and your DOF looks great too!!! :D

Jin
04-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks Aggie and Jean .... the only thing I find about the clumpy is the shape I just don't like it! Can't figure out how to change it though. ;o(

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can't really change the shape of the Artist's Oils brush dab except on a very limited basis, by choosing another of the Artist's Oils' Brush Dab Profiles. That only shows a very slight change in the brushstroke, though, mostly at the beginning of the stroke.

To change the Brush Dab Profile, go to the Brush Controls' Size palette. To the right of the Preview window, you'll see 12 Brush Dab Profiles. Only the bottom two rows can be used with Artist's Oils. From left to right, starting on the top row of the two bottom rows, the Brush Dab Profiles are named:

Soft Round Profile
Pointed Rake Profile
Flat Rake Profile (default for the Artist's Oils' Clumpy Brush variant)
Flat Profile
Chisel Profile
Wedge Profile

With many other other brush categories' variants, the brush dab shape can be altered by adjusting the Brush Controls' Angle palette controls or by making it a Captured Dab variant, neither option of which is available for Artist's Oils variants.

digistyle
04-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Coolness! I like how you pushed the bird and stump into the foreground.

Chiers
04-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Very nice Marge. I think the lil bird should be a tad sharper though so he will stand out as well as the stump.

LadyAlba
05-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Thank you Kirk, Jin, Digi and Sherry...I thought too after finishing that the little bird could be a bit brighter but live and learn LOL :wave: