PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of Jean

Skinny
04-27-2006, 02:06 AM
Here's a portrait of JustJean:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2006/23354-JustJean.jpg

I did this in PSP, which I am still learning. I had to finish it in Painter because I just can't get smooth blending in PSP.:o Any advice from those of you who use PSP would be greatly appreciated!

justjean
04-27-2006, 07:19 AM
LOL, Kristen you have taken abut 20 years off of me, thanks :lol:I like the colours you have used and the hair is great :wave: (some others had me bald in front :lol: )

Kirsten here is the settings I use ( I never change them other than the size )

size... what ever you want
hardness.... 0
opacity 59
step ... 25
density ... 61

hoping this will give you a jumping off point to find what you are comfortable with :)

Skinny
04-27-2006, 08:54 AM
"Kristen you have taken abut 20 years off of me...." (Jean)

And if I do that for me, why wouldn't I extend the same courtesy to my pals? Heck, I even spiff up my dog...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your settings for blending in PSP! It would be nice if I didn't need to run to Painter every time I needed to smooth things a bit. :heart:

LadyAlba
04-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Great job on this! :clap: :clap: :wave: Gosh I have not used psp in so long I don't know if I could even paint in it.

JCoop
04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Kris... I bet your closest friends call you Kris...
Great job on our Jean.:thumbsup:... a few shadows here and there might give it a bit more dimension... still very nice though.:)

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your settings for blending in PSP! It would be nice if I didn't need to run to Painter every time I needed to smooth things a bit.

Class, what have we learned from the above statement?...
No angry phone calls from psp users please!;)

Skinny
04-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Marge.....Thanks! When I've finished teaching my class in PSP, I'm returning to Painter!!!!! LOL, I'll probably finish each lesson with: "Be sure to enroll in our class on Painter. You're going to LOVE IT!"

Joel.....I was thinking the same thing -- about deepening shadows, that is. You should have seen the reference that Jean gave us to work with, though! She must be on the shy side because it was only possible to tell that we were dealing with a person. :lol: :lol: :lol:

barryt
04-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Nicely done Kristen

justjean
04-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Now now Kristen :lol:

You should have seen the reference that Jean gave us to work with, though! She must be on the shy side because it was only possible to tell that we were dealing with a person. :lol: :lol: :lol:

omniartz
04-28-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't use PSP so I can't help. But I think this is and admirable portrait! Hi Jean! :lol:

digistyle
04-28-2006, 11:29 PM
PSP is just uncomfortable to me. My hat's off to all of you who manage to create with it.

Kristen, nice work but like Coop mentioned, deeper shadows would set it off more.