PDA

View Full Version : Destiny

Chiers
04-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Jean beautiful portrait of her grandaughter gave me the incentive to attempt one of my grandaughters again. I haven't been in much of a painting mood lately and my family are my toughest subjects but I gave it another try anyway.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2006/23771-Destiny.jpg

LadyAlba
04-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Beautifully done I especially love her hair. The only thing that jumps out at me is her left arm looks to be cut off maybe carrying just a hint of it laying in her lap would soften it? :clap: :clap: :wave:

Skinny
04-25-2006, 02:14 AM
What a lovely girl! :) The arm doesn't bother me...guess my brain just imagines it behind the folds of her dress. My suggestion would be to soften the lipliner.

barryt
04-25-2006, 05:04 AM
That's come out well Sherry, I like it. A lovely girl.

justjean
04-25-2006, 09:07 AM
You have done a beautiful painting of your beautiful grandaughter Sherry:thumbsup: altho I think you should add her hand where it lays on her right side/knee

Chiers
04-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the comments!

Skinny you are right about her arm and hand. Thats where it is in the photo.

Marge and Jean. You are right too and I should have rearranged her arm and hand, or crop off the bottom of the picture. I know sometimes photos show reality as looking might odd.

barryt
04-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I think if you showed just a little more of the elbow, and a tadge more of the top side of the lower arm, it would be ok.

Chiers
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks Barry. Looking at this in the light of day I think the whole thing needs redone, or forgotten about. I don't know what is going on if it is me, my puter, monitor, or just the time of day but the skintone in this painting looks really really red to me. Way more so than it did when I posted last night. She looks horribly sunburnt to me now! I would never paint her that red. Wish I could see through all ya'alls puters.

waheednasir
04-25-2006, 02:35 PM
hello sherry, this is very nicely done...good painting of a pretty looking girl. i really like the way uve done her eye browse, eyes and hair (nice hair style). i like the blue of her dress as well...:).

einna
04-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Sherry, you can be proud of her...she is such a wonderful subject to paint.. beautiful, intelligent expression on her face says a lot about her.

Nice portrait.... but it bears a footsteps of your impatience...lol

I tought myself today.. never paint or sketch in a hurry... i did Destiny as a sketch and now i am sorry.. was in a hurry and i could do much better..lol

barryt
04-26-2006, 04:21 AM
Hey folks don't all artists think they could have done better, afterwards!?
I treat this forum as mainly an exercise forum, and don't mind posting Could-Have-Done-Better paintings.