PDA

View Full Version : 5 new beads

juliagfunk
04-24-2006, 04:28 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-24-2006/63375_testbead_copy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: 5 new beads
Year Created: 2006
Dimension: about 9mm x 12mm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
morretti/effetre

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I particularly want to know what my pictures look like on other people's monitors. I am trying to improve my ebay auctions and prepare to start a website, so any and all comments and critiques on my photography are greatly appreciated. I know it looks fine on my screen, but I have no idea what it looks like to everyone else.

Please feel free to comment on the beads themselves as well, and the set as a whole.

Be brutal, I can take it.

B-Todd
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Festive looking beads.....I like. :)

Belinda

juliagfunk
04-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks Belinda!

Jenfire
04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
First impression; Need spacers or such between the beads so I can evauate them individually. The background makes these beautiful festive beads look depressed. The color and photography is fine I would just change the color scheme they are set up on. I love the dimpled ends the roundness and your color choices for the beads themselves.
Jen

MaureenKennedy
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
I agree, the colors of the beads are muted by the very dark background. The only time I have ever used black is when showing crystal clear beads. Also I think the wire you have strung them on is too thick, in that the beads do not lay relaxed (middle one) and I would go with some kind of spacer - even if clear plastic pony beads, between your beads setting each one off like a "jewel".

C-Ann
04-27-2006, 02:46 AM
:thumbsup:
Great colors - just add spacers and a different background.:)

collectiblesbyrose
06-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I'd pull out the last bead on the right and use it with a different set. The transp yellow dots just don't seem to fit with the rest of the beads and it seems smaller. I'd make another bead like the second from the left with a blue or red or yellow base (any of the colors you've already used) then another of the colors for the middle layer of dots (not transp) then white as the top part of the dot. It might be the same transp yellow on all the beads but it really looks different standing up on a dot. Nice color choices for a festive set, pick a festive background or use white. If you don't want to use spacers, put a fancy twist in the wire between the beads. The colors look fine on my monitor. I've never sold a bead so keep in mind that I might not know what I'm talking about. Best of luck to you on the new web site!

lizajayne
06-06-2006, 07:21 PM
My advice is to just watch your raised dots, make sure that they aren't undercut, they need to be melted in at least to the halfway point. They won't break off as easily. Most of yours look pretty good, only see one or two undercut.

I also agree with the transparent color on the last bead, looks way out of place since there aren't transparents on the others.

Other than that, I think they look great. You are well on your way!

adaus
11-11-2006, 04:17 PM
I like them