PDA

View Full Version : One Last Thought...............

MissMouse
02-27-2002, 09:48 PM
On the morning of September 11th I had just finished posting a picture of the Lake I live on in Monroe New York, saying what a peaceful place it was. The phone was ringing and I ran to answer it. It was my friend Louise who was in a state of shock and terror on the other end telling me that the trade center was hit by a plane. I told her to drop the phone and get out of the city. That was the last I heard from her until 11:00 that evening. Well I ran to the computer and posted a thread pray, pray please .......
Little did I know what was to happen - those of you who know me, know that my son's girlfriend Lynn was killed that day along many others. People no longer cry in public in our town but they cry in their hearts for all those lost. Candles still burn at a little memorial the young people built for a beautiful 22 year old girl. So I ask you all in this last day of February to pray, pray please.

God Bless America God Bless us All
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Feb-2002/MissLibersmjpg.jpg

Geoff
02-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Thankyou for sharing this.

It brought a tear to my eye, a thought provoking photograph.

God bless.

Leaflin
03-06-2002, 10:10 PM
Thanks (((((Pam)))))

AriadneArts
03-09-2002, 07:27 PM
MM: I've avoided this forum until just now--it's been far too painful for me. I was born in Manhattan and grew up in NYC. The ironic thing is that I used to often joke about the WTC bldgs. That was not MY skyline. When I grew up there, the Empire State Bldg was the tallest bldg in NY and in the world.

I'd give anything to undo 9/11 and see those two boxy bldgs on the skyline. I'm so sorry for the loss your son is suffering. My niece (who lives in Monroe) lost her best friend that day. Many of us lost family and friends in that unbelievable tragedy. As we approach the six month anniversary of that evil deed, my prayers are with you.

auntie_chaos
03-11-2002, 09:14 AM
What a beautiful picture MM!! Thanks for posting it.
I'm with the many thousands of people around the world at this time remembering that fateful day and the moments of impacts. I had been chatting with my sister on messenger and we were both watching tv - me CNN, when the news about the first plane crashing came on the TV. And I watched in horror as the 2nd one came into view and then disappeared into a blast into the 2nd building. Was my birthday but now I HATE the day!!! God bless all those who lost friends, family and/or other acquaintances that day! My prayers are with you and your son, your family and her's at this time also MM.

WorldOfArt
04-29-2010, 08:56 PM
This photo relive some memories... to me... thank you for sharing this.... I can see the story behind its honesty.:)