PDA

View Full Version : We have won!! Ebay is going back to the old way!!

arteitaliana
02-27-2002, 09:06 PM
YEEESSSS! We have done it. Read this:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml

Ebay is going to put things the way they were. Thanks to all of you that wrote, posted and genarally raised hell regarding this issue.

R:clap:

Ginette
02-27-2002, 11:27 PM
Yes...!!! I just read it on the EBAY announcement board as well.
We have been raising hell :-)!!!!!!!!

Of curse that does not help me with my current auctions.
They said they will refund my featured fees, but what about having lost the exposure an those paintings. My hits have gone done about 100%

It's going to be about 3 days before they put it back. My auctions will be over by then. :-)

Any suggestions Rita? Did you cancel your auctions?

Ginette

Sumafra
02-28-2002, 01:00 AM
Bravo Rita. I would never have thought that a few small time sellers like us would be able to have this much influence. I am impressed and pleased. thanks again for your efforts.:clap:

arteitaliana
02-28-2002, 02:50 AM
Ginette: I have already been credited for my Featured Plus on my ebay account. I did not cancel my listings and...they are doing pretty good at the moment considering that they cost only a $1.40 in fees!! Our listings are still appearing as feautured and will get good exposure on the last day, even the way things are now.I was surprised that ebay caved in so quickly....they must have gotten thousands of complains. I spent about 10 hours a day in the last 3 days, writing to other sellers, complaining to ebay support (a dozen of times),asking for refunds to powerseller@eBay.com, reading posts, writing posts ...raising hell!! (Like I was saying last night don't remember to whom....I have a Pit Bull personality!).Even buyers were complaining and a lot of powersellers. So, it was a lot of people, Suzette, not just a few small sellers like us. I also wrote to all my clients explaining the situation and my first bids all came from them!! I am exausted....as is Ginette, probably. She was magnificent in the Forums!!Way to go Ginette!!
Anyway..it's done, and it feels good.
;)

Maggie J
02-28-2002, 08:21 AM
thanks so much Rita for all your work - and for informing us! I have been away since the weekend and knew nothing of these developments. i want to list on the .com site too so it would affect me, thanks!:clap: :clap:

Ginette
02-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Hi Rita... I know how you feel.

I just received another confirmation that I will receive my refund within about 7 days.

I did the same e-mailing to any e-mail I could find remotely connected to EBAY. I think thousands of people did the same.
This is the only time in over 3 years, I can recall EBaY did such a fast turn around on something.

It may just be as someone at the Ebay forum pointed out, that this is a prelude to raising the Featured Fees. We shall see.
I have a "Pitt Bull" personality too, it comes out rarely, but when it does I don't give up until I won. ;-) I'm glad for your efforts that made me feel much better to see you in there.

Ginette

cagathoc
02-28-2002, 04:53 PM
:clap:

CarlyHardy
03-01-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone!
I missed all the action on this issue, but did want to let you know that every seller who complains does count!! I saw this happen with checkout, too!!

I also heard that so many "power sellers" pulled their auctions on this one that it really got ebay's attention fast!

We can make a difference....
carly