PDA

View Full Version : All Ebay Sellers Read This!!

arteitaliana
02-27-2002, 05:32 PM
You should be aware of the fact that the recent search changes on ebay are affecting all of you, not just the ones that list featured auctions.
The "going, going, gone" and the "ending today" features are no longer up and being substituted by other useless features.
There is a petition going at

http://forums.ebay.com/[email protected]@.ee7b9da

Look for thread :
PETITION to change SEARCH back to a useable format

Over 1600 ebay sellers ( and some buyers) have already posted their dissatisfaction.
here is what I wrote:

""They are treating Ebay as if it was a serch engine, which is not. It's mostly a browsing site with search capabilities. If the logic behind the new changes was correct we would see an improvement over hits and bids, not a decline! I sell paintings....do you think I can rely just on search words to attract buyers? I list featured...my listings will not show on "lowest price" search nor in "highest price" ones. All other artists will have the same problem and the winners on this will be just the powerseller that sell sweatshop paintings and start the listings at $1. This will drive buyers away because I don't think that there is large section of art buyers looking to aquire this kind of art. Other artist not affected greatly by this change will be the one with a large following because their client will search by artist name, but it will be difficult for those artist to aquire new followers.The new sellers of art will be left in the cold. There is no logic in this change,nobody, sellers and buyers alike, is gaining from this. We must fight it. Bring back all the old tabs and even keep the new ones. Have a different section for Featured. Sellers willing to pay higher fees are<B> entitled</B> to higher visibility!!""

Add you voice to the petition, this is affecting ALL of us.

R

CathyD
02-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Ebay posted this in their announcements date 2/27:

We have received a number of comments from members regarding the recent changes to Listings results. In particular, members have complained about the way Category Featured Items are displayed and the removal of buyers' sorting tools like "New Today". We apologize for not appropriately communicating these changes to you and will re-double our efforts to ensure that proper notification is given whenever we make changes to our site.

After considering the effect these changes have had on sellers who utilize Featured Items, and on buyers who used specific browsing tools that are no longer available, we are reinstating the previous format. We will return to the way we used to display Featured Items in Listings and we will provide buyers the ability to sort by "New Today", "Going, Going, Gone" and "Ending Today". The new "Buy it Now" tab we announced two weeks ago will remain.

It will take approximately three to four days to reinstate the previous format, and we will notify you as soon we have made the changes.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that these changes have caused our members.

Regards,
eBay

arteitaliana
02-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Darn....you beat me to it Cathy!!
:D

CathyD
02-28-2002, 02:02 AM
Rita, you started a great protest discussion in art and artist on ebay. Congratulations!
Cathy