PDA

View Full Version : Cow Quilt

Leaf
02-27-2002, 12:31 AM
Malarkey posted a Grandmother's Fan quilt some months back and I wanted to show her my Nine Patch cow quilt I made for a friend who is seriously into cows. I know it isn't artsy but I couldn't think of any other way to send her the image. :) Hope you like it!

joemajury
02-27-2002, 10:42 AM
What do you mean, it isnt Artsy.
This IS a work of art, so be proud of it.

Joe
;) ;)

cchapla2
02-28-2002, 06:58 AM
Hi Leah
I love this quilt. This is definitely an art piece. I love the trim. I really like cows a lot but cats are my favorites. Now how about a cat quilt? :cat: Carole

joemajury
02-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Welcome to Wetcanvas.
Why dont you pop over into the New User Forum, and introduce yourself, let everybody get to know you.
If you ever need help with anything please feel free to e.mail me at
[email protected]

Best wishes
Joe
;) ;)

cchapla2
03-01-2002, 06:55 AM
Thanks Joe. I appreciate that. I have been looking at all the great art that is on Wet Canvas. There always seems to be a lot of encouragement for everyone , with lots of constructive advice. If I can ever figure out my scanner( new to me) I'll try to send a few shots of a few of my collages. I think I am tending toward total compositions of torn paper as my art of choice, although I like pen and ink too. I use high quality magazines like Architectural Magazines, National Geographic and tear away. Lots of fun. Carole:cat:

diane555
03-02-2002, 09:29 AM
You can't say that any quilt isn't "ARTSY" to an avid quilter!! :D This is definitely art, and it's lovely to boot! Your friend must really love this. Great work. How long have you been quilting? I didn't realize we had a quilting group on here? How many of you's are there? heheheh I recently posted one of my art quilts in the figure forum but I'll post in here too. I'm with the others...let's see more.

Di :)

Leaflin
03-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Lovely quilt Leaf :)
I have been sewing and quilting since I was nine.
Another great way to express creativity.

elidan
07-20-2002, 10:27 PM
The quilt is great! My sister would adore it. :)
And nine-patches are my most favorite block.
Of course it's artsy.
I've been wondering if "textile arts" (aka sewing & quilting) are just supposed to go under Mixed Media/etc..
(I'm new here)
I haven't done any quilts yet, just one sortof in progress (started cutting it).. though I helped mom pick fabrics & arrange squares for a couple that she did..
(http://photos.yahoo.com/physicslindsey)
I haven't done much sewing either, but want to practice more/get better at it. (I'm in the SCA. gotta have garb, ya know!)
//Mary

jolie
07-21-2002, 10:17 AM
great work! i wish i could sew like that. i have a feeling it takes much more patience than i have though!

jolie

Leaf
07-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Jolie, not at all! If you can sew a 1/4 inch seam along a 4 1/2 inch square, then hook them all together, it takes hardly any time at all, especially using a machine. :) This quilt took me a week, maybe. I speed quilt.

TeAnne
07-21-2002, 09:51 PM
I love this :D
One day I will make one wiv pussycats all over it. :cat:

mmdm
07-24-2002, 09:51 PM
This is a great quilt. What a fun theme! I sew and quilt, too. In fact, I design and sell paper-pieced and appliqué quilt patterns. Maybe we should start a textiles forum? Here's my website, if you're curious. I even have one with kitty cats on it called Kissing Kitties and Curious Cats.
http://atyourwhimsy.com (http://www.atyourwhimsy.com)